Anyone enter the contest to win a free pair of tickets to see VAMPS?

Started by michimichu, July 10, 2009, 03:15:34 PM

michimichu

MOD EDIT: see Milton's post farther down: http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,12855.msg339512.html#msg339512

Info about the contest here --> http://www.fanime.com/vamps.html

The contest is now closed and I wanted to see who else entered.
So... anyone? xD

I'm asking because supposedly, I was chosen as one of the winners. And crazy as it is, my best friend also won the other pair of tickets o___o It seems too much of coincidence to be real so I (technically, my parents because they think it's a fraud) wanted to see if anyone else entered and ever got an email from Fanime's marketing team.

Of course, we won't really lose anything if it's fraud, except free tickets to see Vamps and some gas money buuut--
you get my idea. u___u I really want to be reassured about this. I hope this luck I'm having this summer is real~~ Haha.
Thanks in advance!

Edit: Also, according to the Fanime site, only TWO people were supposed to win a pair of tickets each. So~ And has anyone replied back to this "Milton"? I have... and I received a reply that said thank you for the confirmation etc etc.

Edit x 2: After doing some research, it seems like the email sender, "Milton", is actually really on Fanime's marketing team. Unless the email sender is a fake, all we need is an assurance coming from the Fanime whoever themselves o_o;;

Dracil

michimichu

Gaki

I actually won too...and so did my girlfriend who notified me about the contest.  Did you guys all receive the e-mail at 6:08 AM? 

I'm a little worried now, because "Milton" has my cell phone and home phone number...
(Not) The Head of FMVs

Fanime FMV Contest Minion 2014
Fanime FMV Contest Second 2015
Fanime FMV Contest Minion Director 2016
Fanime FMV Contest Head 2017
Fanime FMV Contest Second 2018

michimichu

Quote from: Gaki on July 10, 2009, 05:21:42 PM
I actually won too...and so did my girlfriend who notified me about the contest.  Did you guys all receive the e-mail at 6:08 AM? 

I'm a little worried now, because "Milton" has my cell phone and home phone number...

Oh god, now I'm worried. My friend and I also received the email at 6:08 AM and from someone called Milton.
Is this a fraud or just a reaaaaally special contest?! O___O

Tony

Milton is the Director of Marketing for FanimeCon. He's on here as MPLe.

Don't be worried. ^_^
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

M

Hi everyone.
Sorry for the concern, but there has been a single change to this contest that I'm sure no one will complain about. Since FanimeCon's members are so awesome, we have been working with our NEU BAUHAUS LLC contact and have been able to increase the number of tickets from 2 to many more. ;)

So for those that think that our servers were hacked or compromised, they were not. None of your data has been leaked/given out/sold/etc./etc. and if you received an email from me* you did win. If you still are unsure, you can send a follow up email to (and/or marketing@fanime dot com). :P

*I know that the contest rules stated that the email would be coming from marketing@fanime dot com but due to a mailing snafu, the email ended up coming from my FanimeCon email address. Rather than send a second email (and possibly cluttering up your busy email boxes even more), I just decided to leave it alone. :)
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

Touya no Miko

Yeah, I won the tickets as well.

I'm not sure who to go with though. Only a few of my friends are into j-rock.

And I don't have a car. (I'll afford one someday!) ^^;

Anyone going to the concert willing to carpool?

OMG! What the Fugnuggets is going on?!

michimichu

Quote from: MPLe on July 10, 2009, 07:35:57 PM
Hi everyone.
Sorry for the concern, but there has been a single change to this contest that I'm sure no one will complain about. Since FanimeCon's members are so awesome, we have been working with our NEU BAUHAUS LLC contact and have been able to increase the number of tickets from 2 to many more. ;)

So for those that think that our servers were hacked or compromised, they were not. None of your data has been leaked/given out/sold/etc./etc. and if you received an email from me* you did win. If you still are unsure, you can send a follow up email to (and/or marketing@fanime dot com). :P

*I know that the contest rules stated that the email would be coming from marketing@fanime dot com but due to a mailing snafu, the email ended up coming from my FanimeCon email address. Rather than send a second email (and possibly cluttering up your busy email boxes even more), I just decided to leave it alone. :)

Ohhh, thank you so much for reassuring me! I was paranoid out of my mind D8 my parents actually were haha.
Thaaaank you again! Especially for the free pair of tickets <3

Question! So I am getting two tickets, right? xD Also: how exactly do we get into the concert? Do we just wait in line and once we're at the door, we say our name? Or... ? xD

Steve.Young

I don't know, I'd double check...Milton looks sorta shady.  ;)
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

Gaki

Quote from: MPLe on July 10, 2009, 07:35:57 PM
Hi everyone.

Whew, alright.  Thanks for clearing it up, Milton, the entire thing did have me just the tiniest bit worried when my girlfriend called and told me that she had won as well.  The odds were kind of astronomical...but I digress.  I'm with Michimichu - how do we obtain our tickets?  I know we're supposed to be on the guest list; does that allow us to cut in line?  XD
(Not) The Head of FMVs

Fanime FMV Contest Minion 2014
Fanime FMV Contest Second 2015
Fanime FMV Contest Minion Director 2016
Fanime FMV Contest Head 2017
Fanime FMV Contest Second 2018

KyraEnsui

tickyhead

Well damn, I won too.

The whole place is going to be populated by Fanime nerds. :B
あんた の 靴様 は 今 何処だ!?

chifunii

Quote from: tickyhead on July 11, 2009, 03:42:30 PM
Well damn, I won too.

The whole place is going to be populated by Fanime nerds. :B

I won as well. I am looking forward to seeing Fanime people nerds there :D :D :D
FanimeCon attendee: 2008-

rude32

I also won. I also was freaking out a little when I got that email as well.
A hero forever loyal to the flames of war now rests in Outer Heaven

RUDE: Rub Up Desperate Elephants- Thanks shy-cosplayer

Inuashley

I won as well, and almost just freaked out when I read the beginning of this thread. *phew* I'm glad that's all cleared up~
Next conventions: Fanime 2011, Anime Next (?), Anime Expo, AM2

Saeko

I won too! :0
I felt so special and lucky because there was one other person who won, but apparently not. xD Hahaha.

For those who have questions about how to get into the concert, I've asked around, and this is what I got:

From what I've found, you have to go to the box office at the concert hall and say that you're on the guest list. I think you also have to show them a picture ID and then when they confirm that you're on the guest list, they will either give you tickets or wristbands for you and your guest.
I've looked around the website of where the concert is going to be at and it says that the box office usually opens up on the same day of the concert and an hour and a half before the show.
I don't know if there are any perks for being on the guest list, but from the looks of it, it just looks like a free entry into the concert and nothing else. :)

I hope that helps.
If there are any more questions, you could always contact the place :0
http://www.theregencyballroom.com/contact.php
I filled out the form yesterday with some questions, but I have yet to receive a reply...

michimichu

Quote from: Saeko on July 12, 2009, 10:00:15 AM
I won too! :0
I felt so special and lucky because there was one other person who won, but apparently not. xD Hahaha.

For those who have questions about how to get into the concert, I've asked around, and this is what I got:

From what I've found, you have to go to the box office at the concert hall and say that you're on the guest list. I think you also have to show them a picture ID and then when they confirm that you're on the guest list, they will either give you tickets or wristbands for you and your guest.
I've looked around the website of where the concert is going to be at and it says that the box office usually opens up on the same day of the concert and an hour and a half before the show.
I don't know if there are any perks for being on the guest list, but from the looks of it, it just looks like a free entry into the concert and nothing else. :)

I hope that helps.
If there are any more questions, you could always contact the place :0
http://www.theregencyballroom.com/contact.php
I filled out the form yesterday with some questions, but I have yet to receive a reply...

Ohhh, thank you so much for the info! :'D Cool cool. I'm glad you asked around! I think we all needed to know how we obtain out tickets. Haha. 8D Thanks again!

chifunii

Does anyone know if we have to go to the box office before we get in line? Or do we wait in line until we get to the box office? D: Orrr..
Is there a separate line for guest-listed people (since there were so many winners + their buddy)
FanimeCon attendee: 2008-

Kazuko

Quote from: chifunii on July 12, 2009, 07:25:28 PM
Does anyone know if we have to go to the box office before we get in line? Or do we wait in line until we get to the box office? D: Orrr..
Is there a separate line for guest-listed people (since there were so many winners + their buddy)
Yeah i was wondering about this too since I won as well lol It seems like everyones a winner \o/