The General Blazblue discussion thread!

Started by LordKefka, July 11, 2009, 01:03:34 AM

LordKefka

Freakin damn it. Could Noel's alternative/true ending be anymore depressing? Like.. minus the whole dressing up part and panda whatever it's pretty much...ugh.

Also how old is she and what does her true ending even mean? Like does she
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
? The hell...damn it... pisses me off and dustloop doesn't answer that question either.

On that note, I'm finally able to do her dash cancel x4 into chain combo with ease on both left and right. Too bad crappy spammers still exist..-_-; Time to learn more diverse combos :V
FanimeCon Press, 2007-2012
FanimeCon Registration Staff, 2007
Fanime Forums Moderator
Anime Boston Press, 2010-2012
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
Anime Expo Press, 2008-2012
Anime Central Press, 2008
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

JTchinoy

Could Tao's ending be any more awesome?

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

LordKefka

I need to use more fun characters. Hell screw it, I'm gonna learn Bang next.
Fanime Forums Moderator
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

JTchinoy

my friend activated his hero anthem 3 rounds in a row. :)

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Taokakaftw

Nemui nya~su.

LordKefka

Quote from: JTchinoy on July 23, 2009, 08:30:51 PM
my friend activated his hero anthem 3 rounds in a row. :)

That's freakin awesome...xD
Fanime Forums Moderator
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

LordKefka

On a note, Arakune needs to be banned if a Blazblue tourney happens. Nuff said.

EDIT: I'm joking if my humor fails like always..but seriously.... there are no words to describe my hatred for it...
Fanime Forums Moderator
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

Mizuki

Atleast Arakune takes "some" skill to be good with. Hi, I'm Nu DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD err oops put 2c 6c in front.

LordKefka

Their both pretty cheap. Like against stupid spammers, I can usually win. Against smart keep away players... that's another story.
Fanime Forums Moderator
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

Nanashi

There's going to be a patch released this october. Included are nerfs for both Nu and Arakune.

I can only hope they remove Ragna the Scrubedge from the game. /wishfulthinking/

Also, does anyone still play at SVGL, or is it a ghost town since the console version came out?
Co-Captain/"The one who talks too much" of MANime!
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,17203.0.html

LordKefka

Thank GOD for that patch. Maybe people will.. I dunno.. pick other characters that take a little more skill to use like Carl, Noel, Litchi etc etc (not to mention more fun)?

On note, I hate laggy servers. I can't ever do Noel's dash cancel with people with no bars...I just end up getting creamed by spammers or Arakune/Nu users. In fact... I haven't seen many do Noel's dash cancel nor seen a top Noel user. Most just do the simple crappy air combo which is annoying and does the work but very...very boring....
Fanime Forums Moderator
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

Mizuki

I've actually had time to sit down with the game and learn it (outside of beta test/5 games at Chinatown Fair in NY.) It's really a fun game, I'm enjoying it although I suck at games with combos longer than short short short super (exaggeration.) I've been messing with Nu, Noel and Ragna to get a feel on who I should use. Ragna seems very new-user friendly, good thing is that he has a DP, bad thing is he has a DP, at least I can combo off of it. He's very fun for me. Noel is actually very hard for me, I wanted to main her since I saw her character, but her combos are way too out for me, although I'm getting kind of a feel for her. Nu on the other hand has long combos, but mostly consist of D button in different directions, and can do some nice damage off throw. My only problem with Nu and Ragna are the damage they take is quite absurd, usually character I main have more than average life, so this is going to be very new to me.

LordKefka

Quote from: Mizuki on August 01, 2009, 12:35:46 AM
I've actually had time to sit down with the game and learn it (outside of beta test/5 games at Chinatown Fair in NY.) It's really a fun game, I'm enjoying it although I suck at games with combos longer than short short short super (exaggeration.) I've been messing with Nu, Noel and Ragna to get a feel on who I should use. Ragna seems very new-user friendly, good thing is that he has a DP, bad thing is he has a DP, at least I can combo off of it. He's very fun for me. Noel is actually very hard for me, I wanted to main her since I saw her character, but her combos are way too out for me, although I'm getting kind of a feel for her. Nu on the other hand has long combos, but mostly consist of D button in different directions, and can do some nice damage off throw. My only problem with Nu and Ragna are the damage they take is quite absurd, usually character I main have more than average life, so this is going to be very new to me.

Ragna and Jin are probably two of the easier characters to use other than Nu and Arakune so they are good starters. Their combos are fairly easy and their attacks are pretty high. Just please don't spam ice trucks when you start..-_-;;

The thing with Noel is that her combos are focused around her dash cancel into D chaining which takes a long time to learn. Believe me, it took me 3 weeks to even get it half done all the time I do it and it was pretty frustrating learning. But yeah, her combos are very fun not to mention she is awesome =D. Go into training and start practicing the dash. Some people choose to bitch out and 6C cancel without the dash.... it works but her more advance combos requires the dashing part. Anyways add my new PSN name. It's catisfinetoo if you want to play. I already played JT a few games. He's still up one on me but I blame the lag =D.

On that note, I'm starting to hate Ragna more and more. Against Noel, he has more advantage.
Fanime Forums Moderator
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

Mizuki

I'd play if the netcode wasn't total ass! So I refuse to play online fighting games unless it's on GGPO. Right now I'm learning Ragna for Kin-Yoobi con tourney, and learning Taunt setups too. I may actually make Ragna my main anyways since Nu is getting nerfed in the near future, and Noel is seemingly way too complex for my simple ST mind.

LordKefka

Fanime Forums Moderator
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

Mizuki

I was talking about the netcode for Blazblue on PSN itself. It's really bad. I couldn't even connect to a friend in SJ, and had massive lag with a friend in SF.

LordKefka

What connection do you have? Could it be their connection?
Fanime Forums Moderator
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

LordKefka

Two things which pissed me off today:

1.) Ok wtf... when you break their barrier you can't hurt them with distortion drive? the hell is that crap?

2.) On rare occasions I still get beat by Noel spammers when I get careless. Damn that pisses the hell out of me really bad. It's like... you are trying to do combos and all they do is mix up 2D and 6D... ugghhhhh!!
Fanime Forums Moderator
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

Mizuki

Where I was at has High-end DSL (I get around 130 ping with Japanese ST players on GGPO, almost flawless play) and my friend has the same exact DSL plan and provider. We should have no problems connecting, as I'm pretty sure our connections are still within the same "hub." My friend in SF however has Cable.

LordKefka

Oh... damn. hmm.. well, when you figure it out or something add me. It'll be fun :3
Fanime Forums Moderator
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor