The General Blazblue discussion thread!

Started by LordKefka, July 11, 2009, 01:03:34 AM

LordKefka

Dash cancel 4x -> 6C consistently = NOT a fun training session..=_=;

I'm wondering when I'll be able to do it with ease... it has already been 4 days...~_~

Too bad 99% of Noel players on PSN just spam the living Jesus out of the D buttons. Yeah, so not going that route.
FanimeCon Press, 2007-2012
FanimeCon Registration Staff, 2007
Fanime Forums Moderator
Anime Boston Press, 2010-2012
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
Anime Expo Press, 2008-2012
Anime Central Press, 2008
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

JTchinoy

try this with taokaka:
2a, 5b, 3c, 5d~6, (j.5c->j.5d~6)x3, j.a, j.c, j.8d, air dash j.5c, 236bb, 236bbb, j.2d

yeah, let me know which is harder.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

LordKefka

Probably the Dash cancel with Noel since that's just the setup for doing the rest of her combos (which I'm not doing yet until I nail this first)

Speaking of which, Taokaka is annoying to play against. Not as annoying as people who spam ice car with Jin but annoying enough.
Fanime Forums Moderator
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

JTchinoy

Online players are so scrubby. =/
Noels drive spam
Jins throw and ice car spam
v-13 just keeps running away to spam swords

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

LordKefka

Quote from: JTchinoy on July 11, 2009, 01:33:58 PM
Online players are so scrubby. =/
Noels drive spam
Jins throw and ice car spam
v-13 just keeps running away to spam swords

Yeah tell me about it. You try and pull off a combo then get spammed to death. But they can waste their time " winning" all they want. I'll be the one in the end to spend my time practicing and playing the characters competitively in due time. Spammers will eventually get sick of spamming and stop playing the game, is my theory.

I can get in close to Nu since I spend my most of my time dashing towards her but then I just get 6C or 5C, then she runs again.

On a good note, at least I didn't encounter Arakune spammers yet.. thank god. Those are the worst.

I'm trying to consistently do the most "basic" Noel combo down which is 6A, 6C, [B+C, Dash + 6C]  x4, 5D, 5C, 6B, 5C, 6D, 236 D... too bad every 10 tries I can do it only once or twice...*sigh*. In matches it's even more difficult.

Fanime Forums Moderator
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

JTchinoy

I take it you're not a devoted fighting game player?

Don't worry about it, I remember learning tao bnb like... a few months back. I couldn't even do that. =(
When your muscle memory sets in, it'll be all good.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

LordKefka

Quote from: JTchinoy on July 11, 2009, 02:45:03 PM
I take it you're not a devoted fighting game player?

Don't worry about it, I remember learning tao bnb like... a few months back. I couldn't even do that. =(
When your muscle memory sets in, it'll be all good.

The last game I devoted myself 8 years to was Marvel vs Capcom 2, and I was fairly good, playing in Reno twice a year (x-mas and Summer break). I've played things like Melty Blood, FS/N:UC, GGXX, Arcana Heart, etc etc but I never cared enough about them to get good. To be honest, I don't have the time to go around to look for people to challenge me here in Boston, though I don't doubt they exist. Also, spending 4 years in undergrad in University of Iowa, yeah IOWA, there aren't many fighting game players to shuffle through or too much "diversity" in the gamers here (even though it's one of the most liberal universities).

This game, however, I AM going to play and get good. I could have used characters like Tager, Hakumen, Ragna, v-13 but they seem too boring. I like characters that challenge me. Noel, Taokaka, and Carl, and Litchi seem to be characters I would want to get good at. Plus when I first saw Noel a few weeks ago at Fanime, I knew she was the one for me to use.

I'm going to nail Noel first down then probably Litchi then Carl.

On a side note, there was an awesome Tao cosplayer at this last Fanime wandering around the Aksys booth, lewl.
Fanime Forums Moderator
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

JTchinoy

i think i saw them o.0

Oh boston.  You're not in the gamer oasis of california =P
Let me know when you wanna play online, we'll get some games in sometime.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

LordKefka

Quote from: JTchinoy on July 11, 2009, 04:19:39 PM
i think i saw them o.0

Oh boston.  You're not in the gamer oasis of california =P

Yeah dude after Fanime, I wanted to play Blazblue so bad I had a friend take me to this infamous SF State arcade. I arrived only to realize they were closed for repairs for the week I was back to visit home..=_=

But anyways add me: lenftw

I need to do more Noel Dash cancel training though. :V
Fanime Forums Moderator
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

JTchinoy

Quote from: LordKefka on July 11, 2009, 05:29:48 PM
Quote from: JTchinoy on July 11, 2009, 04:19:39 PM
i think i saw them o.0

Oh boston.  You're not in the gamer oasis of california =P

Yeah dude after Fanime, I wanted to play Blazblue so bad I had a friend take me to this infamous SF State arcade. I arrived only to realize they were closed for repairs for the week I was back to visit home..=_=

But anyways add me: lenftw

I need to do more Noel Dash cancel training though. :V
You should've gone to SVGL. lmao.
It was 7 miles from the convention center as opposed to the like... 40 miles that SF was. :P
my psn is jtchinoy

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

LordKefka

I actually live in Oakland so I lose either way...~_~
Fanime Forums Moderator
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

Tsubasa

If it makes it any easier, you just need one (the first) dash cancel to land 6C, B+C x4.
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

LordKefka

Quote from: Tsubasa on July 14, 2009, 08:10:36 PM
If it makes it any easier, you just need one (the first) dash cancel to land 6C, B+C x4.

Doesn't it depend on the character? Like against Tager it might word since he's big but against Rachel I think I've tried that and only the first two after dash cancel landed.

But I'm getting the hang of it now. I can do it when she's on the right side but the left my arm can't seem to adjust to tapping 66 quick enough...

Maybe more training or some crap even though it's already been a week..-_-;
Fanime Forums Moderator
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

Tsubasa

Quote from: LordKefka on July 14, 2009, 11:42:50 PM

Doesn't it depend on the character? Like against Tager it might word since he's big but against Rachel I think I've tried that and only the first two after dash cancel landed.

OK, you're right, it is character specific.  I was only testing on Ragna and Jin.  I'd imagine two dashs would work on everyone, but I'm too lazy to test.  I was just able to land that on Rachel.

Interesting thing about Rachel.  Despite appearances, she has one of the largest hitboxes in the air.  That's why you'll see Tager & Rachel or even just Rachel only combos.  Funny how just one dash isn't sufficient for her.
-Tsubasa

LordKefka

Quote from: Tsubasa on July 15, 2009, 06:41:06 AM
Quote from: LordKefka on July 14, 2009, 11:42:50 PM

OK, you're right, it is character specific.  I was only testing on Ragna and Jin.  I'd imagine two dashs would work on everyone, but I'm too lazy to test.  I was just able to land that on Rachel.

Interesting thing about Rachel.  Despite appearances, she has one of the largest hitboxes in the air.  That's why you'll see Tager & Rachel or even just Rachel only combos.  Funny how just one dash isn't sufficient for her.

Yeah two dashes would work but then you run into the problem again with following through with chaining combing ( 5D, 6B blah blah) because Rachel would be further away after your second none-dash. I honestly think there is so much room to screw up with her combo. Think about it. You first have to follow through all 4 dash cancel C (or alternative below). First part done. After, you have to make sure you press 5D instead of 6D or else she runs forward like an idiot and trips air. Then you have to press 6B or else you end your chain combo with only 2 hits. Then you have to time your 5C then 6B again or else if you press too quick, you miss your 6b and then you won't be able to complete your bloom trigger attack...

So many damn requirements...girls are so complicated...=_=;

With the Rachel thing, it is wierd. But it's good practice. If you get it down on Rachel, you pretty much can do it on anyone at that point. What you can do is 2 non dash C then follow up with only 1 dash cancel then a finally 6c then follow through with your chain comboing.

Fanime Forums Moderator
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

Mizuki

Maybe we should turn this into BlazBlue general discussion, well minus meetups/arcades etc. It seems like it would be a bit more useful in the long run.

LordKefka

Quote from: Mizuki on July 15, 2009, 02:22:23 PM
Maybe we should turn this into BlazBlue general discussion, well minus meetups/arcades etc. It seems like it would be a bit more useful in the long run.

Go for it.
Fanime Forums Moderator
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

Tsubasa

Quote from: LordKefka on July 15, 2009, 10:52:25 AMYeah two dashes would work but then you run into the problem again with following through with chaining combing ( 5D, 6B blah blah) because Rachel would be further away after your second none-dash.

It'll work sometimes.  It probably depends on how deep you landed the initial 6A.
-Tsubasa

LordKefka

Quote from: Tsubasa on July 15, 2009, 05:59:12 PM
Quote from: LordKefka on July 15, 2009, 10:52:25 AMYeah two dashes would work but then you run into the problem again with following through with chaining combing ( 5D, 6B blah blah) because Rachel would be further away after your second none-dash.

It'll work sometimes.  It probably depends on how deep you landed the initial 6A.

I actually try and avoid going into her chain combo with the 6A approach recently since I found it to be pretty risky. A better but much harder way in my opinion would be 3C, 22C then dash C into B+C cancel but would require the full dash cancel x4 in order to pull into her chain combo or else you will fall short since they now not only need time to be brought closer but also down closer to the ground... maybe. At least it's only for Rachel again. Blah...

I've also invented my own combo which chips around 3,500 away. Very easy to do: 6A, 6C, 9 B+C (quickly), 2B, 4C, 22C, 7A, 7B, 214C.

The only annoying thing about that is I sometimes transition into optic barrel from 2B to 4C since it registers sometimes as a 214C..=_=;;
Fanime Forums Moderator
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

TC X0 Lt 0X

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.