Negima/Love Hina Gathering 2012

Started by Eliteslayer, July 17, 2009, 07:21:34 PM

Eliteslayer

Come one and all to the third year of the Negima and Love Hina gathering! As always, cosplayers from any Ken Akamatsu series are welcome.

Every year, I see Love Hina cosplayers, and every year, there are some cosplaying from Negima. In fact, I've even seen some from A.I. Love You. Individually, they may not be enough for a gathering (or at least not a very large one) but if all the cosplayers from a Ken Akamatsu series got together, we can have one hell of a gathering.

So, I am now announcing the cosplay gathering for the works of Ken Akamatsu. Really, this is probably just going to mean Love Hina and Negima, but if there's anyone who's cosplaying as someone from any of his older series, that's excellent as well.

As an added bonus, if you sign up here, I'll make you a Pactio card for the gathering! If I cannot find a design for your character (which is highly unlikely for any Negima characters, but possible for any non-Negima cosplayers) I'll let you know which designs I have found and you can chose which one you want.

Day: Monday
Time: 1:00

Fanime will be taking group pictures during the Gathering this year. If you do not want to be included in those pictures please step aside for those photos. By remaining with the group when the pictures are being taken you give your consent to be photographed.

List:

Love Hina:
Keitaro: RyuSan777
Naru: friend of Eliteslayer

Negima:
Nagi Springfield: Eliteslayer
Chisame Hasegawa: kookiekween99
Setsuna Sakurazaki: Aktsuko
Lifemaker: Otaking007

A.I. Love You:
Cosplay battle! Three-pose Fight
The works of Ken Akamatsu 2010
"Abridging a Series" Panel

Hope you can attend 'em!

RyuSan777

hey slayer if this gathering gets going id love top show as keitaro urishima of love hina
Fanime Cosplays
Day 1: Ootori Kyoya- Ouran HS Host Club,
Tsuchimi Rin-Shuffle!,Kiryu Zero-Vampire Knights
Day 2:Hitsugaya Toushiro *Bankai Form*- Bleach
Death the kid-Soul Eater, Zero-Code Geass
Day 3:Philipenes-Hetalia
Day 4:Kyon- The Meloncholy

Eliteslayer

You are my new best friend. I was beginning to lose hope, but I still really want to hold this gathering, so thanks! I'll add you to the list.

Hope you can attend 'em!

RyuSan777

eh its my pleasure..... eh please dont hit me naru i can explain!!!
Fanime Cosplays

RyuSan777

oh speaking of which my naru is comming, little lenny, my gf you know the one you met on the shuttle @ ax with me?
Fanime Cosplays

Eliteslayer

Awesome, I'll add her to the list as well. Of course you realize, this means there's gonna be a few pics of you getting Naru Punch'd, which leads me to an event idea I just now came up with:

Naru Punch Competition! Team up into groups of two, and whoever can punch, throw, or otherwise launch their partner the farthest wins!

Of course, I jest. Probably.

Hope you can attend 'em!

RyuSan777

hahahahahah id love to have a compitition like that, of course we need more hina cosplayers! anywho yeah ill take a few hits for ya to snap!
Fanime Cosplays

Eliteslayer

Oh yeah, can't believe I forgot up until now -- a friend of mine might cosplay as Eishun Konoe from Negima. I've added him to the list as a maybe, but with any luck, we'll have another member of the Ala Rubra. (And yet sadly and oddly, no students of Mahora Academy yet. Note the yet. Still got plenty of time, I'm sure more people will sign up.)

Hope you can attend 'em!

RyuSan777

Fanime Cosplays

Eliteslayer

Okay, so, I met a few people at Sac Anime who said they'd be willing to come, so that should give us one or two more members. With any luck, they'll find this thread and sign up.

Also: How does Day 1 at 5:00 PM work for a time? It's late enough that people who will be there on Day 1 will have actually shown up, and setting it on that day should save us from clashing with the bigger gatherings. OR we could have it at six and have everyone go get dinner together afterwards.

Hope you can attend 'em!

RyuSan777

Quote from: Eliteslayer on August 31, 2009, 05:22:50 PM
Okay, so, I met a few people at Sac Anime who said they'd be willing to come, so that should give us one or two more members. With any luck, they'll find this thread and sign up.

Also: How does Day 1 at 5:00 PM work for a time? It's late enough that people who will be there on Day 1 will have actually shown up, and setting it on that day should save us from clashing with the bigger gatherings. OR we could have it at six and have everyone go get dinner together afterwards.
that sounds good for a dinner meeting if enough ppl come if not keep it to 5 also since my naru kinda left me she isnt going anymore =[ sad day
Fanime Cosplays

Eliteslayer

Aww, I'm sorry to hear that. It's a real shame, I hope things get better for you soon.

Hope you can attend 'em!

RyuSan777

Fanime Cosplays

Rizumi

Yay!
I'm in.
Sorry I forgot to do this as soon as you told me @ Sac-Anime. xD;
I'll be going as Kazumi (most likely) or maybe some other girl in Negima(I have a lot of wigs xD) but mostly Kazumi. :]

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
☈ ▦ ▦ Insta • • ⇝
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
= = = = = =

Eliteslayer

Hooray! Glad to have you join us! List has been updated, and now with Kazumi Asakura, we have the power of the paparazzi on our side. In a good way.

I seem to be channeling Motsu today, in a good way.

Hope you can attend 'em!

Eliteslayer

Well, still don't have too many people signed up, but I haven't given up hope yet. There's still plenty of time, but we need to get word of this gathering out.

So, I have an assignment for all three of us! Keep an eye out for anyone who reads or watches any of the series by Ken Akamatsu, and see if they'd be interested in cosplaying as a character from it. If you come upon a Negima or Love Hina cosplayer, let them know about this gathering. Got any cosplaying friends? See if they'd be interested. We're gonna have to rely on word-of-mouth to get more people, but I'm sure we can make this a great gathering yet!

Hope you can attend 'em!

Eliteslayer

Okay, please forgive the double-post, but a brief update. A friend of mine is currently working on a Konoka cosplay, so if she does manage to come, that'll make one more for us. I'm working on spreading the word, we just have to be patient and have faith that more Negima and Love Hina cosplayers will come in time. Slow but steady, my friends.

(Plus, I managed to get some red hair-coloring spray, so I won't be a brown-haired Nagi. Hooray for actually looking like I'm supposed to in the manga, rather than the anime version wearing the manga version's outfit.)

Hope you can attend 'em!

Eliteslayer

Once more, forgive my triple-post, but I have more news. I did a bit of advertising at Sac Anime, so I found a few more people who may be interested. Aktsuko, can we count your friend in as Setsuna? Also saw some people who didn't seem to be cosplayers, but said they were big fans of Akamatsu's work, so they were psyched when I told them about this gathering. Like I said, slow but steady.

Hope you can attend 'em!

Angelx624

Hey! I think I'm the friend you're referring to who will be Konoka. ^^ Just confirming it. :) It's still on Friday, I take it? ^^

ETA: Ooh awesome, a Setsuna! :D
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

Eliteslayer

Of course, I was just waiting for you to post so I could add you as "confirmed" and know what screenname you're using here. List updated.

Is friday at 6, followed by a group dinner, still good for everyone? Want to make sure before I submit it, since time submissions are now open.

Hope you can attend 'em!