Negima/Love Hina Gathering 2012

Started by Eliteslayer, July 17, 2009, 07:21:34 PM

Eliteslayer

Okay, I'm going to have to interpret the lack of negative responses as positive. So I'll change the time, but we'll still need someone to check in on Day 1 and let anyone who shows up early on know about the time change. Would anyone be willing to volunteer?
Cosplay battle! Three-pose Fight
The works of Ken Akamatsu 2010
"Abridging a Series" Panel

Hope you can attend 'em!

Eliteslayer

Okay, here's what BSaphire said:

Quote from: BSaphire on May 14, 2010, 12:49:00 PM
So here is what I was thinking:

The Works of Ken Akamatsu
Friday @ 6 pm ~ L: FiF CE HS

Negima Gathering
Monday @ 12 pm ~ L: FiF CE HS

No need to re-confirm unless you have a specific photo order for either/both, but possible #'s for both would be cool. Also I need the Real Name, Forum Name, Badge Name of the "new" co-organizer PM'd to me so that my staff will know who will be checking in and they can be a part of a little "something" for organizers :)

Have both gatherings because you may get people who can come to Friday but not Mondays ^^)

So I'll need someone to take over on Friday and PM B, then check in at the day of. If you have people show up for that, great! Get pics, have fun, do all the stuff you were going to do anyways, then tell them about Monday's gathering as well. Monday, I'll host the more official-ish gathering, and with any luck people will still show for that one.

Even though Monday will officially be the "Negima" gathering, it's still open to all characters from an Akamatsu series. Is this good with everyone?

Hope you can attend 'em!

Angelx624

So, there's still a gathering-ish on Friday? xD Okie dokie, guess I'll bring my Konoka costume that day, then, to hang out with all the others. ^^ Though I might just wait til Monday. =3 So I may only squeeze in Konoka Monday. D: It depends. >_< Since I have two other costumes I'm gonna be wearing Friday. o_o;;
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

Eliteslayer

For whatever reason, the friday one can't/won't be cancelled, I guess because we had to reschedule after final confirmations or something. Angelx, can I count on you to check in for us? You'll have to PM BSaphire and wait around the gathering area for a bit, but since I doubt we're gonna get a flood of cosplayers appearing unannounced on Friday, at the most you'd probably just have to tell them about the time change then leave after about 15 minutes.

Also, we can use this time change to our advantage. Throughout the first few days, if you guys see anyone cosplaying a character from an Akamatsu series, let them know about the Monday gathering! We can use this as a chance to get the word out there to people we know are gonna be at Fanime... cuz they're already there.

Hope you can attend 'em!

Angelx624

Ah, I see. >_< Well, I could do that. =O It's not a problem, really. :)
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

Eliteslayer

Alright, I'm back from Fanime, and feeling good. We had a better turnout than anticipated (I know I kept saying there were bound to be more people showing up at the convention, but I'm really relieved there actually were), and I think we got some great shots.

I hope everyone had a great time! I'll post a new thread when it's time to start organizing for 2011. Can't wait to see everyone's pics!

Hope you can attend 'em!

Angelx624

The gathering was fun!! :D Was great seeing other Negima cosplayers. ^^ Can't wait to see pics!! :D
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

Eliteslayer

Alright, I have updated the thread to prepare for next year! Even though the title says "Negima/Love Hina," all Akamatsu series are welcome!

Although a lot of you have already told me you'll be able to make it next year, I had to clear the list for next year, so I'll ask that you post again. (Plus, it keeps the thread active and alive in the forum.)

And like last time, I'll be making Pactio cards for everyone who posts and says they'll be able to come. For those of you who were here at the first gathering and already received a Pactio card, I'll try to find a different version. For example, a Neo-Pactio from Negima?!.

Hope you can attend 'em!

Angelx624

Okie, put me down on the list again! ;p Dunno if I'll go as a different version of Konoka or the same one. ><;

And neo-pactio from Negima?! sounds good. :D
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

Eliteslayer

Okay, thread's falling down in the forum pages, so I have to bump it up a little.

I was at Anime Expo recently, and saw a good deal of Negima cosplayers. Sadly, none of them said they'd definitely be going to Fanime, though a few said they might or they'd been thinking about it. If we're lucky, a few of them will get to the gathering, or at least spread the word to their friends.

Hope you can attend 'em!

RyuSan777

count me in again for the love hina again! keitaro
Fanime Cosplays
Day 1: Ootori Kyoya- Ouran HS Host Club,
Tsuchimi Rin-Shuffle!,Kiryu Zero-Vampire Knights
Day 2:Hitsugaya Toushiro *Bankai Form*- Bleach
Death the kid-Soul Eater, Zero-Code Geass
Day 3:Philipenes-Hetalia
Day 4:Kyon- The Meloncholy

Eliteslayer

Excellent, always glad to have you with us.

Hope you can attend 'em!

kookiekween99

I might be able to go as Chisame/Chiu. It all depends if I can get the money in time to get the costume and modify it for my own purposes in time. ^^;

When I find out for sure whether I can or not, I'll be sure to follow up in this thread.
ASAHiCon Registration Head - '10-'12
ASAHiCon Web Head - '11-'13
FanimeCon Attendee - '10-Forever
FanimeCon Info Desk Minion - '14

Eliteslayer

Awesome, hope you can make it! Just keep us updated. I'll add you to the list as a "Maybe" for now.

Hope you can attend 'em!

Eliteslayer

Alright, everyone, we've got to make sure the thread is updated at least once a month if we want to keep this gathering active, so I figure we should use it to discuss the series as well as just say whether or not we'll be at the gathering.

Dunno who's up to date with the scans, but
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Hope you can attend 'em!

BSaphire

BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

Eliteslayer

And another bump, since this thread was falling way too far back in the posts. Still got a ways to go until Fanime, but I'm still looking forward to it! I'm thinking we should hold the gathering on Monday again, so that it won't clash with any other gatherings. I've got a lot to get to, after all. Would you guys prefer before or after checkout? I'm guessing before, naturally.

Hope you can attend 'em!

Eliteslayer

Forgive the double-post, but I've convinced a friend to join us as Yuna Akashi, and I'm trying to talk two more into joining as Kotaro and Jack Rakan (with any luck), so I'm updating the list.

Also, we need to start choosing a time. For the day, I'm going with Monday again, so it won't clash with other gatherings, and I'm thinking ten or eleven AM for the time, so we can have it before the noon checkout. What do you all think?

Hope you can attend 'em!

MokurenTattoo

c:
I'll definitely be attending, most likely as Madoka Kugimiya.
2012 Cosplays:
Hope Estheim (FFXIII) | Finnian (Kuroshitsuji) | Luka Megurine (Vocaloid) | Kagome Higurashi (InuYasha) | Kathy (Harvest Moon) | Kida Masaomi (DRRR!!)

kookiekween99

Take me off the list. I can't seem to get the money to get the cosplay I want in time. I think I'll wait another year before cosplaying.
ASAHiCon Registration Head - '10-'12
ASAHiCon Web Head - '11-'13
FanimeCon Attendee - '10-Forever
FanimeCon Info Desk Minion - '14