Get to know your fellow forum members~! ♥

Started by Vensy, August 06, 2009, 01:52:50 PM

AuroraDreamer

^ A bit. I personally prefer subs, but I can handle dubs as well. Dubs are easier when you want to barely pay attention while watching (If you don't know Japanese)
< Is excited about Hetalia XD
> It should be interesting being a volunteer at Kin Yoobi. I get to pass out food and watch the game room XD
V Last Volunteer work you did?

Jerry

^ Fanime is technically volunteer work, but every now and then i also help out with local events for like walk-a-thons and blood drives and stuff like that.

<  I hope to see her at KinYoobi Con this saturday.

>  is excited about the free lunch at KinYoobi Con

V  what was the last 'free' meal you got? was it awesomely yummy? :)
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

doriangray

^ My boss bought me Jack in the Box.  It was okay, but I'm certainly not complaining.
< Was looking for AuroraDreamer.
> I have houseguests next week!  Yay!
V Ever crushed on someone unattainable?  Why were they unattainable?
All love is elf love!

Princesses who choose the dragon over the white knight don't get to ride the dragon into the sunset; they get eaten, and from what the dragons tell me, they're crunchy.

Alyxiane

^ If I can consider an unrequited crush unattainable, then yes. :P
< Excited to have houseguests soon.
> I'm looking up fanart, cosplays, etc on American McGee's Alice. So creepy... and yet so amazingly cool and I can't wait for the sequel to be out. Why I'm fascinated by an extremely demented bloody Alice running around with a butcher knife, I'll never know myself. (And I'm not actually one for gore and blood.) :D
V You find it creepy that someone likes gore and blood in fiction? o_O
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Aru Sakayama

^ Hey. People like what they like, so I have no complaints.
< The only bloody thing I know of that's extensively bloody is Elfen Lied. Higurashi could also count as well, but Elfen Lied really takes the cake for all of the blood and gore and...yeah.
> I'm thinking about writing a light novel.
V Would you ever read a light novel?
Blaaah...I don't feel like doing anything....

c2chaos

^ Yes, I would read a light novel. In fact, if you write up a draft you should email it to me and I'd be more than happy to read it and help edit it if necessary.
< I can only imagine what he's going to write about.
> I finished my Ueki Marathon and moving on to Full Moon who Sagashite. Actually, I think I'll go with a shorter series...let's see...
V Do you like eating sour foods or candy?

In my left brain, there's nothing right & in my right brain, there's nothing left.

Alyxiane

^ Definitely. Maybe not too much for foods but it makes my mouth water with sour candy. :D
< Going through anime marathons.
> The stress has finally taken a toll on my body. I can't remember the last time I was this sick. :(
V When was the last time you gotten ill?

AuroraDreamer

^ I got sick after eating the sushi on Wednesday.
< Feel better :(
> Totally got her Pokewalker back at the con today. Apparently they had calling out for me since the morning when they found it. I had lost it at the set up the day before. :D
V What is your dream job? Could be a real job or fantasy.

doriangray

^ Fangirl harem quality control tester. XD
< Prefers subtitles
> I wish people came with subtitles in real life. That would be amazing.  Or have your glasses give people subtitles...
V What is the last totally random thing you heard someone say?
All love is elf love!

Princesses who choose the dragon over the white knight don't get to ride the dragon into the sunset; they get eaten, and from what the dragons tell me, they're crunchy.

Aru Sakayama

^ I don't really remember any random things from other people...though I do tend to pull off a non-sequitir every now and then.
< Subtitles/Closed Captioning is fun. It's too bad almost everyone does English subs for anime...I wish there were also Japanese subs considering that 1) anime never gets any closed captioning support back in Japan (or so I've heard) and 2) some people learning Japanese could greatly benefit from it.
> I often listen to music as inspiration to write stuff...only I haven't written anything yet. Hopefully I can get to writing soon, especially since my dreams can come up with some good plot.
V Do you think cliches are bad for you?

Alyxiane

^ They're only bad if they're handled poorly since there have been cases where authors can really work wonders with cliches.
< Dreams to be a writer.
> My STAR test results just came back. This is the first time I gotten a "basic" score in one of my subjects. I only ever gotten "advanced" or "proficient" but was a few points away from getting "advanced" until this year. 8)
V Ever gotten test scores you're really proud of?

c2chaos

^ Yes, I was especially proud of my English finals because it was the most fun and random test I've ever had. Our class of 10 people threw random words up on the board and wrote an essay with them.
< Doesn't sound very upset about her star test results.
> I went into English class and played hangman with new words I was trying to learn and my teacher found it to be a good warm-up for my classmates and it was also the perfect icebreaker. In a way, that's why the final was so easy and random.
V eery done something to make life easier for yourself and those around you?

In my left brain, there's nothing right & in my right brain, there's nothing left.

AuroraDreamer

^ Uhm I made a website for my club, so we could make looking at the calendar for events easier.
< Played hangman.
> I got completely burned because I had to serve pizza at Kin Yoobi for way too long XD. I feel very sick right now for my burn.
V What is your favorite pizza topping?

Alyxiane

^ Plain and simple pepperoni. :P
< Ouch! I hope you'll feel better soon.
> I don't think stress-induced sickness is anyone's best friend. I just went through a conversation with a mutual friend saying that my bf wants to talk to me over the phone tonight... I got slight chest pains from that alone. :(
V When was the worst time you got sick?

c2chaos

^ Wow! I've never really been sick at the worst time possible but if anything, I would say at school...Sure being sick is inconvenient but I try to make it a convenience to get sick when there's nothing important happening. In other words, I intentionally catch a cold or flu from friends or family members. Self-induced sickness is my friend!
< Is still sick and not wanting to speak with boyfriend.
> I have 3 1/2 gallons of milk in the fridge. What should I do with them? Milk chug? XD
V Ever seen or tried a chugging contest?

Alyxiane

^ Maybe in a very comical G rated way. XD
< I say bake something with the extra milk. ;)
> I just feel better if I could see him in person instead of talking over the phone. I'm tired of it the past three weeks. He's finally coming home and there's a scheduled guard practice for both of us. I want him to see him there instead of what I promised.
V When is it ok to break promises? Is there such an exception?

doriangray

^ I'm once divorced, and it was for the better, so I will say yes.
< Is feeling bad.  Get better darnit!
> Tales of Ba Sing Se is an ingenious ep of Avatar.  Of course, character study eps are inspired in general.
V What are some compliments that you would like to give your fellow forum members?
All love is elf love!

c2chaos

^ @doriangray: You possess a very boyish cleverness, much like an elf, and your ideas draws smiles upon my face.
@Alyxiane: You are a very strong an patient girl and that boy is very lucky to know you, and I think I can say this for everyone that we are too.
@Jerry: My fellow Rover, from my very first Rovers' meet, I felt that you and I had a lot in common but the difference between you and I is that you are an inspiration all on your own even without the Russell.
@AuroraDreamer: You are quite the likable person blessed with a fun family and reliable friends.
@Somebody: You are one of the funnest people to play with on the forum games...and you are my rival.
@Ash_chan: You are brilliant and I'm happy to know that someone else has found that of you and more.
@GIR: You've been on the forums for a while, I like how you are always trying to introduce new games and keep track of them.
@MMA: I can't quite put my finger on you...what you say next is always something to think about, in short you beat the boredom out of me.
@ELDEMONIO: Although this post will probably be buried before you read it, I see that you are a hard-worker and when life puts you in a rut you keep strong and get through it. You will go very far.
@elimeno: You are a great artist I hope to see you on a little more often and more of your renditions of angelwing's requests.
@AngelWings: You sure know how to put a troll in it's place. hahaha!
< Was/is watching The Avatar.
> I'm looking up how to find/write/get a business grant because I believe that's my ticket to starting my own business and ending my long streak of unemployment and short-term jobs.
V What's one habit or streak do you wish you could end?

Aru Sakayama

^ Using the computer so much, I forget to do other things. Yeah, I know, it's not really healthy and stuff....
< Hey, you'll also find employment for thousands of others if your business ends up being successful. I say, best of luck to ye!
> I'm finally getting to programming my video game (now titled Nations of Yyrkyvak), and I'm still trying to craft elements for my light novel.
V What's the number one thing you fear?

AuroraDreamer

^ Being alone in the world. It may sound odd, but when I am by myself I think about how scary it would be if you look around and see all the happy people talking with one another, but you have no one in return to talk to. No friends, no family, pretty much no one will talk with you. I guess that it my fear, but it sounds a little stupid written out. XD
< is working on their video game. Sounds like a lot of work and fun ahead for you.
> Actually made a stupid Death Note game for her programming class. It is so nerdy XD
V What is one thing you can not stand people doing?