Get to know your fellow forum members~! ♥

Started by Vensy, August 06, 2009, 01:52:50 PM

Barnes

^ Standing still in front of something that I want to get in a grocery store

< Has a really cute avatar.

> Barely knows how to work a computer. Sad part is, my family needs help from time to time

v Do you cuss or swear a lot in real life?
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

c2chaos

^ I cuss a lot when I play video games and I hardly notice that I do, it's a bad habit. :(
< Is probably more computer literate than he thinks and more than most people.
> My chickies are growing up so fast, they don't need me anymore. They've been wandering the backyard without me and even started mingling with the bigger chickens. However, there's a mama chicken that will attack anything within 7 feet of it and one of it's chicks has been weakening. I'm going to chick-nap it later tonight and make sure it gets fed and probably raise it with the two I've already been caring for.
v Do you have parents/grandparents that like to do things in the way from "the old country?"

In my left brain, there's nothing right & in my right brain, there's nothing left.

Alyxiane

^ I wouldn't know exactly. All I'm thinking right now is my grandma all the way in the Philippines in the city where my mom spent her childhood where everything you see is simple and not really industrialized.
< Going to help out a chick in need.
> I thank you for the compliment you posted for me. I'm feeling a lot better now that I got out and relieved stress via guard camp. ^___^
V When was the last time you felt so physically tired yet so happy?
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Aru Sakayama

^ When I went to Golfland with my friend and his SSBB posse. I was tired on the walk home, but DAYUM, was I satisfied.
< SQUEEEEEEE
> Maybe I might compose something soon. Not to mention that I also have to make hip-hop stuff for my brother....
V Name one anime that you've watched that you least expected to be a tear jerker that didn't originate from a Key Visual Arts visual novel. Are you one to conform to today's trends or do you just do your own thing?
Blaaah...I don't feel like doing anything....

c2chaos

^ Aargh! I was gonna say AIR....Well let's see...this one was really unexpected...VanDread! At some point I started feeling really sad for Dita and couldn't help myself.
< Makes music.
> So recently, my parents have been inviting people over whom I have no recollection of and they used to live in the same apartment complex as us when I was little. They keep throwing out names and moments where I was being dumb but really that's not helping, I could have suppressed memories like those. haha! XD
V Do your parents/family members share embarrassing childhood moments with house guests?

@Alyxiane: You're welcome. (^____^)

In my left brain, there's nothing right & in my right brain, there's nothing left.

Alyxiane

^ It's a given. My family's the "laugh it off" type. If there's embarrassing moments in general, it's likely they would talk about it someday. 'Cause it all happened in the past and no one should be ashamed of something so little.
< Don't be too ashamed of your suppressed memories now. ;)
> My mom told me a small class reunion of her nursing school in the Philippines will be held at my house sometime in October. Mine and my sister's rooms are going to be a guest bedrooms for a few days and we'll be sleeping in what's supposed to be our house office. :P
V When's the last time you had houseguests over?

AuroraDreamer

^ Honestly I can't remember... I am being a house guest right now. I have been sleeping on a couch since Monday of last week XD
< Will have house guests
> I haven't feel to chipper all day :(
V What manga/anime do you wish never existed?

Barnes

^ None. Some garbage needs to exist to help some masterpieces exist, if that makes any sense.

< Hasn't been feeling chipper.

> Is stuck on "Adventure Island" on NES. Darn you, 7-4!

v Ever held an anime related job? (Like one in a anime store, for example.)
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

c2chaos

^ Nope, but one day it might happen. I want to open my own store specializing on anime/manga and other related merchandise and one big thing I want to have is a purchase credit system where if a customer buys special items they get points that can be used for future purchases and they can be accumulated too.
< Retro-gaming.
> I have yet to beat Earthbound Zero on the NES. I don't know where I'm going and I keep running into uber bosses. :( I've played all the Earthbounds/Mothers up to date. Also, I'm playing Earthbound again for the 16th time--trying to get Poo's only weapon. hahaha! I said poo.
V Where do you go to purchase your anime goods?

Aru Sakayama

^ I've been mostly buying off of Right Stuf, but if you're talking about strictly walk-in stores, then Best Buy. Best Buy, unfortunately, has been trimming its anime selection lately, so I'm better off getting my anime from Right Stuf.
< MOTHER.
> I recently finished watching AMV Hell 4 and, for some reason, started watching Excel Saga. Also, I found this person who did a live play of Pikachu Genki Dechuu, and I'm not gonna lie, I personally thought that this was a Japanese kid actually doing a Let's Play of a video game at first. Then I found out...it was just a Japanese language learner living in Japan. (I should've known better, especially when this person was pretty much questioning and commenting on a lot of things throughout these videos)
V Do you know any other languages besides English?

NerdyBirdAsh

^  not fluently. Just bits and pieces. Like, I took Japanese for 3 years so I can understand conversations around me, but I stuill have a hard time communicating back. I get super nervous. xD Also picked up a lot of spanish from living in my apartments and working at McDonalds.
< Started watching Excel Saga! I love Excel Saga! Haha. I had to watch the commercial for the Imperfect Collection after thinking about Excel Saga.
> I've been looking for a miracle cheap room for rent and nothing is showing up. Big bummer, but it is to be expected.
V What're you looking out for?
Attending FanimeCon for 15 years in 2019

c2chaos

^ I'm looking out for suspicious websites, also, I'm looking for grants and every other website I go to requires your email and some kind of nominal fee to access it. That kind of information is supposed to be free to anyone.
< Looking to move out.
> Writing down random ideas to promote and improve a dream alongside with quirky jokes, skits, and short stories. Ok! I'm out of ideas. Time for another anime marathon!
V Do you think children these days are behaving a lot more mature than they are?

NerdyBirdAsh

^ Sometimes. But the other half of the time I'm thinking they're less mature than kids their age in generations passed.
< Is having another anime marathon! Sweet!
> Is doing budgets and being depressed at my lack of being able to find a way out of this horrible household.
V Do you budget?

Jerry

^ all the time. being a homeowner, social butterfly, and now almost working the Con circuit again with events almost on a weekly basis, i have to calculate EVERYTHING, from gas, food, and making sure i can keep a roof over my head.

<  need to win the lottery just like me

>  the most ive ever won in a lottery or prize i think was like $50 bucks.

V  speaking of lottery... Do you have "lucky" numbers? and why are they lucky for you?
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

Aru Sakayama

^ I don't have lucky numbers. I just...GUESS. XD Then again, I don't particularly play the lottery, so yeah.
< I'm also in desperate need for money balance, especially when my intended goal is to spend $400-500 at Fanime next year. Not to mention college, other leisure things (like Golfland), investing in music equipment, yeah.
> I'm trying to make a beat for my brother right now. While I'm not particularly in to hip-hop, I'm just doing it so I can get my bro off my back about "making beats". I'm personally more of a song-oriented person than my brother is (whose music collection is roughly 97% hip-hop and rap), so this makes my job all the more difficult for me because I have to think in a way I'm not used to.
V Did you ever have to do anything that was "outside your comfort zone"?

Alyxiane

^ Well, I wasn't used to performing in front of plenty of public. Then came my decision to join guard...
< Not really into hip hop.
> Most of my body is sore now due to 8 hours of Band Camp day 1 of 3. With 6 hours of Guard Camp the day before, I'll be in pain for the rest of the Camp. At least I'm building back my strength. Those flags can be pretty. :P
V Ever had a day where you felt sore all over?

AuroraDreamer

^ I have had a few of those days. XD
< I'm sooo jealous!
> is back in Sacramento
V What is your favorite vegetable?

NerdyBirdAsh

^ Asparagus. Omnomnom. <3
< Is back! :'3
> Wants to leave. (In more ways than one.)
V I've taken to having breakfast shakes in the morning to save time (Carnation instant start in various flavors + milk + fruit and/or yogurt + ice = yummy nummy) What do you have for breakfast?

Aru Sakayama

^ I alternate between cereal and eggs with bread. :)
< There's more than one way to "leave"? lol
> My friend and I were downloading and playing iPhone games last night. My friend introduced me to a few decent games and we sorta duked it out over OpenFeint.
V What's your favorite food...when you were a child?

AuroraDreamer

^ When I was little it was a tie between homemade burritos and corn. =/ I was an odd duck.
< sounds like fun times :D
> Got a new phone, because my old one has been dropped so much that it began to short out on me. :(
V When is the last time you got a new phone?