Get to know your fellow forum members~! ♥

Started by Vensy, August 06, 2009, 01:52:50 PM

Elimeno

^ let's see AX '06 I waited like... 4 hours+  stupid AX....
< pre reg is awesome and also a good idea :P
> I can't sleep... go to bed at 10 wake up at 1 ;-;
v What do you usually do while waiting in badge line?
Know much about purgatory? It's the world we live in now, and Halloween is the day a damned soul in purgatory can be released into heaven, if he prays hard enough. Say your prayers. - Vincent Volaju

L0Lpants

^ Staff lines for badges aren't long & the process is pretty quick so I don't havta do much to bide my time. Muhahahahahaha!!!
< Insomnia is not a fun thing, as I've posted many time b4 on here about much it sucks
> ppl have been telling me to do Bossun from Sket Dance only cuz they say I look cool w/ goggles on. Which I don't want to only cuz he wears shorts & I HATE WEARING SHORTS!!! >:( (although I can't help it if I look awesome w/ goggles on...) #firstworldproblems <---
v What was your childhood like?
~Swap Meet staffer: '10, '11, '12, '14

Locke Octavian

^ My childhood was pretty good.  Filled with plenty of wonderful nerdly hobbies, plus my family introduced me to anime through Akira when I was young - so no room to complain!
< I say you should do the cosplay, cause Sket Dance is awesome and you apparently rock googles something fierce.  Tough it up and wear the shorts (there are worse things to wear for a good cosplay)
> I'm trying to figure out if I'm gonna fly from Portland down to Fanime or drive.  On one hand flying is faster and more enjoyable, on the other hand I can bring more props (armor so I can wear Parn) if I drive... but that drive!
V A little less than halfway into the new year, how is it treating you so far?

Alyxiane

^ So far so good. Actually doing work for school and hopefully I'll do well on SATs.
< Do you have the option to just ship your props down to SJ or would that be too complicated/costly?
> I'm sick. Boo. :L And apparently according to my friends I get sick a bit too often...
V How often do you get sick?
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

renalcul

^once a year at most.
< you should try nomming more vitamin c. I prefer those halls defense things, they're tasty. :3
> I'm helping to run speed dating this year, woooo!  And I'm wondering if ill have the funds and time to get my pony and Kamen rider cosplays together.
V have you ever watched Kamen rider?

Elimeno

^ LETS GO RAIDA KICK!!  Indeed I have.
< is going to be a Kamen Rider of love!
> Contemplating selling at Fanime AA again this year with a friend... but we always get bad spots...
V What is the nerdiest thing you've done as of late?
Know much about purgatory? It's the world we live in now, and Halloween is the day a damned soul in purgatory can be released into heaven, if he prays hard enough. Say your prayers. - Vincent Volaju

laudanine

^ There's a sort-of tie there; I went to a "Pony Party" a while ago which was super nerdy, but last night I fell asleep listening to The Ricky Gervais Show, also nerd-tastic.
< You have a super pretty user-icon which I dearly hope is your art because that'd be awesome!
> I'm now considering adding Re-L Mayer as well as GLaDOS because both cosplays "require" me to buy awesome goth clothing I wouldn't otherwise invest in but would subsequently wear darn near year-round.
V What's the most shameful anime/manga you like? (Bonus points if you've been keeping it a secret for years!)
"If you didn't want it, and I didn't need it..."

Elimeno

^ Most shameful manga?  I guess in a normal society standpoint it'd have to probably be Golden Boy... for obvious reasons.
< go for it!
> Yeah, the art is mine... drawn a few years ago now.  If I remember right its the Bassist from the band Ayabie.  Also, this somewhat ties into your question.  I just listened to http://youtu.be/c2t3BaNme6k Haruka Kanata by AKFG.  And it brought up a very fond memory of Fanime.  I'm not sure what year it was but Ramen and Rice was opening for a band for the music fest. They played Haruka Kanata... and the audience sang along.  Not just a few people, Naruto was still huge.  The entire audience!  It was amazing and touching for some reason.  I think one of the girls got teary eyed and she was speechless after they finished the song.
V care to share a memorable/favorite con moment?

L0Lpants

^1st Fanime, whichever yr. Had the Ninjas vs. Spartans...i invented Cardboard Surfing in the halls just for it to be banned in 30 minutes. I blame the crowd that I drew in & were surfing irresponsibly. O well, still fun though...
<was at a concert during Fanime
> my hair has reached its' growth limit & it's still short! I need this sucker to reach the point of my eyes at least! (dont suppose any of ya's know how to do that, do ya?
v Was there ever an anime-based product that you bought right on the spot, kinda regretted later, but was like "Meh, screw it. I'ma keep it. It does look cool after all"?

c2chaos

^ I bought this bath rag back scrubber thingy because it had a girl that looks like Tsukasa from Lucky Star on it. I don't even use it and it just hangs off my shampoo rack.
< There is hair food that you could use for growing out your hair. I think it's just a mix of petroleum jelly and vitamins. It does work, for me at least.
> I'm just waiting for my income tax refund and I might be able to get a car. Lately, it feels like I've been getting poorer and poorer. T^T
V Has anything significant happened to you this year?

In my left brain, there's nothing right & in my right brain, there's nothing left.

smurfqueen

^ That would be nice but unfortunately my life if uneventful. So boring >_>
< IKR I want my tax money!! I'm so broke it's not even funny :( The sad thing is even when I get it I'm still gonna be broke
> I've been slacking on my anime watching lately >_>
V Recommend me a newish romantic manga/anime :D

Kpmonkeygirl

^ Read Kaichou wa Maid Sama! Or, even better, Dengeki Daisy! My favorite! ^.^
< Your life is uneventful? Then MAKE it exciting! ^.^ Adventure does not just easily come at your door!
> Ano...... a fact? I am really into Japanese stuff, I am even taken my second semester in Japanese. Last semester I got an A, so I am aiming for an A+ ^.^ If they give A+ that is............ wish me good luck! ^.^
v Ano.......... how many times have you  gone to this anime convention?
""To move is to stir, and to be valiant is to stand; therefore,
if tou art mov'd, thou runst away."

Locke Octavian

^ This will be my first time going to Fanime.  I'm excited and coming down from Portland, OR.
< Good luck and study hard!  I'm in my second year of Japanese in college, so I know it can be tricky but stick with it!!
> I've lost 70 pounds last year and am now doing p90x to get into shape... and the reason is all due to the motivation of cosplaying characters I love <3
V Did you accomplish your goals last year?

L0Lpants

^not really, all i did was work & party. Now i got my eyes on the real prize & i'ma do whatever it takes to make it happen. Gunna havta cough up a lot of dough to do it though...
< it will be his 1st Fanime #Huzzah!
>I finally got my cursed landlord to fork over the WEP key so i can go online w/ my PS3 #Victory! Don't suppose any of you guys play Uncharted 3 online, do ya?
v How'd your Chinese New Year go? (if you celebrated at all)

DarkMoonlitStar

^ I don't celebrate it but a lot of my friends do...
< can finally use the internet for his PS3
> Come to think of it...I haven't been on these forums in forever! Nor have I continued working on any cosplay stuff.....errr ^_^"'
V What have you been up to lately?
"Find yourself, that's the key & I am the only person I can be, myself, that''s me."
2015 Cosplay -tentative-
Shiro- No Game No Life
Koujaku- DraMaticalMurder
Esdese/Esdeath- Akame ga Kiru!
Daiki Aomine-Kuroko no Basuke

Jerry

^ mostly working and playing Mass effect 2 on my xbox... somewhat thinking about fanime and probably waiting to plan til the last minute... havent decided if im going to cosplay or not this year... i blame the economy :P

<  hasnt been on the forums in a while

>  trying to figure out what to do for my bday next month...

V   what kind of birthday event/party would you want to have this year?
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

Laggy

^ My birthday's near Halloween, so I'd like to set up a horror video game themed haunted house. We did one a few years back, and it was pretty bitchin. Lots of stuff from Bioshock, Dead Space, Silent Hill, that sort of thing.

< I love your avatar, very cute.

> This'll be my first year selling at the Fanime Artist Alley, and I'm super nervous/excited.

v What has been the best cosplay you've ever seen?

Alyxiane

^ I suppose any detailed full armor cosplays would do. The time and work into it gets really REALLY obvious when done right. God knows I'll fangirl relentlessly if I happen to see someone pull off Isaac Clarke from Dead Space very well in particular. DAT HELMET. IT GLOWSSS.
< Good luck! I'll try to find you at Artist Alley. ^o^
> Room's a mess, weekends and days in general are going by too fast lately, and I have worries about growing up and becoming independent. Welp teenage problems.
V How did you feel about growing up? In terms of facing the realities of adulthood.
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

c2chaos

^ Everyone grows up at their own pace but will have to take those leaps and bounds further into adulthood, eventually. While I was in middle school, I just wanted to be an adult already, now I just want to be a kid again. XD
< Is worried about growing up. My best advice is to look on the brighter side of things. Have fun while you can. Do what you can do, and go for a challenge when you can.
> I have fallen behind on anime and cosplays. I might not make any new cosplays this year, and I still need to fix my Hoshi head. Good news is, I will be more prepared in other categories than last year, but there is always that one thing I can't be ready for: my "friend," she is quite the drama queen, and she somehow manages to find a new boy-toy to bring every year. At least this new guy, looks like he can handle her. *crosses fingers*
V Do you ever get that feeling that someone might be stalking you during FanimeCon?

In my left brain, there's nothing right & in my right brain, there's nothing left.

L0Lpants

^that only applies to cosplayers, blud.

<needs to fix the Hoshi head(yet another character voiced by Tomokazu Sugita = cool 'ish). Although i don't understand how this drama queen business will be your problem to begin with  ???

>Well, I guess it's official. I finally decided to do a for-realz cosplay after 4 friggin' years of going to this con & the signature below says it all. I think it's cuz I've been partying w/ ppl such as yourselfs for too long & now this is happening. Not that i'm bitching about it, i'm just saying. BTW, you're the lucky ones to find out first. <--- Actual friends are gunna get a neat surprise comin' to em'. Heh-heh-heh-heh *insert diabolical grinning*

v What's your favorite plushie that you own or if you don't own one, what would ya get?