Get to know your fellow forum members~! ♥

Started by Vensy, August 06, 2009, 01:52:50 PM

otakuya

^ One thing's for sure, I'd pay more attention to the Indy 500. For a convention fix, I'd go to AX or something.
< Not cosplaying at Fanime this year...
> ...like me, possibly.
V Are you counting down the days until Fanime?

L0Lpants

^ i was, but then I stopped earlier this week after i rejoined my old staff department, so all I know is that it's less than 60 days away
< is "not" gunna cosplay this year? (So, no Stig? BLASPHEMY!)
>Tumblr is the reason i'm not getting stuff done like I was suppose to this week. That, & Tokyo Encounter. Sugita-san = hilarity! ;D
v How'd you celebrate (or how "will" you celebrate) your 21st b-day?
~Swap Meet staffer: '10, '11, '12, '14

Alyxiane

^ VEGAS VEGAS VEGAS. loljk Probably something nice and little with my family.
< On tumblr. ME TOO. :B
> Tumblr is the reason why I'm getting spoilers of anything and everything. Hunger Games, Harry Potter, LEGEND OF KORRA. Not stopping me from being on there 7+ hours....
V Have a Tumblr?
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

echoshadow

^ Actually I have no idea what a tumblr is.
> I have yet to see any of those movies, and by the looks of it never will.
< I haven't been to the movies in about a year.
v Do you know what a tumblr is? Or am I getting too old?
Not your typical anime junkie.
MAL:Echoshadow's Anime List

c2chaos

^ I have a general sense of what it is but I am not 100% sure.
< Does not have a tumblr nor has been to the movies in a long time, just like me.
> I am wondering if I will have as much fun as I did at FanimeCon the previous years. I'll be busier than ever. I'll be rooming with a friend and two nearly complete strangers. I may not be cosplaying. I may be tight on money. Well, I guess I'll just have to wait until then to know.  :P
v How many new friends do you make during FanimeCon each year?

In my left brain, there's nothing right & in my right brain, there's nothing left.

Alyxiane

^ Quite a few judging from last year. The social butterfly in me really comes out in Fanime. :P
< Will have a new Fanime experience. Hope it'll be fun!
> Finally registered. Granted it means giving up some of my time in paint classes (5 classes for around $250) but I know it'll be worth it.
V How are you funding your Fanime?

koolcalcat1

^my dads paying for it all as a birthday present. (hotel ticket.) and saving up spending money.
<I'm a social buterfly too.
>Paint classes sound fun, you must really like them.
v as the con gets closer do you sometimes doubt your cosplaying skills?

DarkMoonlitStar

^ Lol I doubt my cosplaying skills quite a bit. I do appreciate compliments about my cosplay though...
< Is a social butterfly
> Skipped class to go to the Sakura Festival last Sat. and had a mini Ao No Exorcist group with me as Shura (friends as Rin, Yukio and Izumo and a new photographer [friend's cousin]).
V What was the best cosplay you've ever done (if you do cosplay) If you don't cosplay what was the best cosplay you've ever seen? Post a pic if possible
"Find yourself, that's the key & I am the only person I can be, myself, that''s me."
2015 Cosplay -tentative-
Shiro- No Game No Life
Koujaku- DraMaticalMurder
Esdese/Esdeath- Akame ga Kiru!
Daiki Aomine-Kuroko no Basuke

Maskenlav

^ I'd really like to be in a masquerade one of these days!

< I'd like to meet as many people possible and explode my friendship circle

> I seem to mainly cosplay evil people :P

v Do you think everyone will be mainstream cosplays or will there be under-the-radar-anime costumes?
"I'll do it! I'll marry you!"

Elimeno

^ Naw, not too much has come out recently.  Of course i'm sure we'll see a metric crap-ton of Homestuckers and the usual shonen jump crowd; but since nothing is really "Big" right now cosplayers usually dig into older stuff.

< Should totally be in the masquerade.  It's usually a blast.

> I still haven't purchased my con badge for me or my friend.  totally slacking this year.

v Fanime is coming up really fast, you excited yet?
Know much about purgatory? It's the world we live in now, and Halloween is the day a damned soul in purgatory can be released into heaven, if he prays hard enough. Say your prayers. - Vincent Volaju

L0Lpants

^considering how things are getting set up this year, not really. But i'll still consider it my get-away vacation spot of the year
< didn't buy his badge yet (has done it as of now?)
> watching other animes while waiting on costumes to arrive. So far, revisiting my childhood with Ranma 1/2 & trying out Casshern Sins. Stein's Gate is next on the list

v Looks like the main demographic of cosplays this year will be Black Butlers, MLP, & Homestuckers. Are yours going to be the same or different? If different, what are they?

c2chaos

^ Yes, my cosplays will be very different. I stopped making cosplays so I still only have my Kaito and my Hoshi cosplay.
< Is amassing an army of wet soldiers for the upcoming water gun fight. Blue Team!?
> I think Vocaloids will be big this year along with Bleach and MLP. I don't know much about Homestuck other than identifying them by their candy-cornish horns and gray complexion, so, I wouldn't know whether they would be big or not.
v What song would you have as your personal theme song through real life?

In my left brain, there's nothing right & in my right brain, there's nothing left.

Elimeno

^ http://youtu.be/b2vO65MP0lc  that one
< Recognizes homestuckers like the normal person lol
> contemplating bringing back my Monster Hunter Mafumofu cosplay for fanime this year.
v 21 Days and guests are finally being announced.  You almost excited?
Know much about purgatory? It's the world we live in now, and Halloween is the day a damned soul in purgatory can be released into heaven, if he prays hard enough. Say your prayers. - Vincent Volaju

DarkMoonlitStar

^ I've been excited since I started working on my Rinoa Cosplay...But I'm not excited for cramming in schoolwork, studying for finals and last minute cosplay sewing/painting,etc. at the same time.
< Considering on cosplaying Mafumofu (imo it's better to take advantage of events where Cosplay is socially acceptable)
> I'm sorta worried about how to manage my time and work between now and Finals Week/Week of Fanime....also wanna at least pass all of my classes...
V Have any good FanimeCon stories to tell? If not, tell us a story about one of your most enjoyable life experiences.
"Find yourself, that's the key & I am the only person I can be, myself, that''s me."
2015 Cosplay -tentative-
Shiro- No Game No Life
Koujaku- DraMaticalMurder
Esdese/Esdeath- Akame ga Kiru!
Daiki Aomine-Kuroko no Basuke

NinitheNinja

^This will be my first Fanime, I'm afraid. An enjoyable life experience was when I got my goldfish and named them ironic names.
<Your username contradicts itself, therefore, you are awesome.
>I am a barrel racer.
V Of all your cosplay gatherings, which one was the most enjoyable?
O o
/¯/____________________________________
| IMMA FIRIN' MAH LAZOR!!!! BLAAAAGHH!!
\_\¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ¯ ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Imperial

^i dont remember when, but i took photos of a valve cosplay outside valve studios that has stuck in my head for a while...
<barrel racing is fun and all, but they need to make bucking hay a sport. srsly.
>cmr is causing a lot of trouble for me right now, and making me a unhappy camper. but none the less i will be at fanime. all the photos of all the fun times.
V would you like to see a rise again of the "noir" style of film? or even see more of it in anime. what a noir film is link here : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Film_noir

L0Lpants

^maybe, if it works out well just in L.A Noire
< wth is cmr?

> I completed making my 1st cosplay type prop weapon recently, a jutte. I now understand that sense of accomplishment when you make your own crap, except I f*cked up the tassel & it doesn't look right. I can make small weapons fine, but tieing string together to make a nice-looking tassel = hell no! Do you see the irony in this?! >:(

v who's the one voice actor who'd you'd like to play video games with? And at which game?

Imperial

^david hayter, and metal gear for the nes. me and him voicing over the game would be kinda fun.
<congrats on the  prop weapon. its your first, so tbh, i think of one thing that is going to urk you about is kinda the norm. I mean when building Axe's Axe (yes the name is redundant but idc ) http://sectorfive.net/do2a/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Axe.png, I was annoyed that i could not engrave on the axe just right, and was annoyed to heck. but you live with the small things...
>cmr is the group that does the staff rooms. in a short story, our group sent in a request for a room, on time and the whole shabang, and we haven't gotten word back from them, and now is the time that scares me that i may not have a room. I got the alarms going to the people that need to know, but, I wish for the best, and keep on pushing.
V what gatherings that your not in do you want to see?

Elimeno

^I actually missed all the gatherings at con >.>
<hopefully got their room?
>I refuse to let this thread die, it was one of the very first I've ever posted in and it's special :P
V now that con is over what is your next plan of attack?

Alyxiane

^ Finish online classes by the end of the summer. Must. Force. Way. Through.
< I believe one of my first posts was on this thread. o3o
> In the Philippines right now. And they have bacon-flavored chips. In the shape of bacon. Yes.
V Traveled anywhere recently? (Fanime doesn't count!)