Get to know your fellow forum members~! ♥

Started by Vensy, August 06, 2009, 01:52:50 PM

InsaneDavid

^ Alright, here's a really positive one, from 2013, the year Fanime was supposedly so horrible.  I always spend a ton of time in video programming rooms, mainly the nostalgia rooms (I tend to enjoy old school stuff more and I always find more old school stuff to catch up on), and 2013 was no exception.  Sunday morning I was watching a favorite of mine, Armored Trooper VOTOMs.  Got there nice and early that morning and although there were only two viewers in the room other than my girlfriend and myself, I settled in to VOTOMS' special brand of hard science fiction.

About halfway though the screening at 7am there was a staff change in the video room.  The staffer who took over was in a word: awesome.  Very cool to talk with about old school anime, offered to turn the volume up if the bass from the marathon room was overpowering through the wall (which it wasn't), came over and apologized after a technical issue getting Patlabor to play; he was just an incredible person and one of the best staffers I have ever met at any convention.  I believe he was also staffing later during Fatal Fury 2 and Iria: Zeriam the Animation.  Would talk to people peeking in about what they were screening, later on when the room was fuller he would make jokes at just the right time during the films, and completely understood the vibe that a nostalgia room should have.  That Sunday morning and evening made the issues with registration on Thursday and Friday melt away in my mind - it was that enjoyable of an experience.  I wish I would have asked him his name (my one regret that year) to make sure he received the commendation he deserved.

< Has one more day to finish up sewing.
> Is taking a break from finishing up his own cosplay.
V Lining up for Day Zero? What time are you planning on arriving?

I'm ALWAYS active on the forums!

Retro Cosplay, Easy As XYZ

limDsage

^ Nah, I'm have work on that day. I will pick my badge up on Friday after work.
< How many cosplays are you going to do?
> I should start packing soon.
v First thing you'll be doing once you get your badge?

Twitter: @limDsage
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/sicse7en
Youtube gaming channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/limDsage
PSN: sicse7en

DarkMoonlitStar

^ Probably wander around the Dealers' Hall and Artist Alley.
< Needs to start packing (I do too..)
> My sewing machine is being temperamental....
V What do you think of Fanime's theme for this year? (and/or) Any past themes that you particularly liked?
"Find yourself, that's the key & I am the only person I can be, myself, that''s me."
2015 Cosplay -tentative-
Shiro- No Game No Life
Koujaku- DraMaticalMurder
Esdese/Esdeath- Akame ga Kiru!
Daiki Aomine-Kuroko no Basuke

InsaneDavid

^ Sadly (and rather regrettably) I didn't start attending Fanime until the yearly theme became less and less of a focus. That said, I'm glad that the tradition is upheld.  I stepped away from cons (outside of arcade and pinball collector shows) until 2012 - and as I said, I really regret that.
< I think everyone's sewing machine is feeling the crunch.
> Still up finishing the last part of this shirt. 3 cosplays this year - Sugo Corporation pit crew from Future GPX Cyber Formula, Tetsu-chan and a shinkansen wearing salaryman (used in the commercials) from Densha de Go!, and Taizo Hori and Masuyo Tobi from Dig Dug / Baraduke / Mr. Driller / Namco X Capcom again from last year.
V Why are you still awake?!

DarkMoonlitStar

^I wouldn't allow myself to sleep until I finished sewing this...
https://scontent-sjc2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xta1/v/t34.0-12/11303463_10202674828230370_1312138150_n.jpg?oh=360dda0e534737d341b1e84641e1e8e7&oe=55600D2D
(if the link doesn't work..Sorry! It's a progress picture of finally finishing the top of my Shiro cosplay)
< Finishing up a shirt
> I can finally attempt to sleep
V What keeps you up at night?
"Find yourself, that's the key & I am the only person I can be, myself, that''s me."
2015 Cosplay -tentative-
Shiro- No Game No Life
Koujaku- DraMaticalMurder
Esdese/Esdeath- Akame ga Kiru!
Daiki Aomine-Kuroko no Basuke

airwickkim

^ Which girl is best girl in Love Live. Haha but really I would probably say what keeps me up is when I start thinking about my future and all the choices I might have to make.
< I'm so, so excited! I hope to make a lot of new friends at Fanime
> Omega good job on Shiro! :)
V What events/panels/etc are you most looking forward to this Fanime?

InsaneDavid

^ Same as last year, Old School Cosplay (anime, manga or game pre 2001) gathering on Friday and Saturday. Hoping that a second day will equal a larger group.
< Is really excited for Fanime to begin.
> Shirts finally finished and handwashed, currently drying - hurray!
V Still making final preparations for Fanime or are you ready to go?

Abyss1

^need to buy some new shoes for the mass amounts of walking but other that I'm a go after work today
<Can't wait for the AMV's
>Energy drinks stocked
v you think anyone will do a 10 hours walking around Fanime as a Cosplay parody this year?

Alyxiane

^ I have no idea what it is exactly so who knows. o-o
< Bring ALL the energy drinks!
> Doing my packing and blasting some RWBY music to get the blood pumping. Finally get to be at Fanime after missing the past two years!!!
V What's your last-minute Fanime crunch?
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

lanislori

^ I decided not to stress and to not crunch, considering how overwhelmed with a lot of things.
< Yay, welcome back!
> Apparently I won a scholarship for my work in broadcasting journalism! So that's pretty sweet. Wasn't able to receive it, though. I'll be picking it up next week before graduation!
v What is an upcoming purchase for you?

InsaneDavid

^ New copy of the Cyber Formula DVD boxset as the last two discs have finally bitrotted themselves into oblivion... at least that WAS to be an upcoming purchase until I found a sealed new old stock Cyber Formula DVD boxset at swap meet tonight for $30.  Woohoo!  I love cracking open a sealed 10+ year old anime DVD, smells like... Suncoast.
< Congratulations on your scholarship!
> Home early from Day Zero for a change.
V What's on your agenda for Friday?

djmonolith

^ Taking photos and video all day for California Cosplay
< Dig Dug is cool... have you ever heard of Zackman?
> I am freaking out about Star Wars in December
v What is the nastiest thing you ever ate?
This is my signature.

N.E.R.V.agent220

^ Any food that has been sitting out and not reheated.
< You must like collecting figurines.
> I can't wait to see the Back-On concert on Saturday.
v How many trips will you make to go buy food during FanimeCon.

limDsage

^ Probably a lot, just to get hydrated for the most part.
< Lots of good stuff tomorrow!
> Hopefully I can leave work early today for the con!
v Are you at the con right now?

Twitter: @limDsage
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/sicse7en
Youtube gaming channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/limDsage
PSN: sicse7en

N.E.R.V.agent220

^ I was at the con for just Saturday and Sunday.
< Got any con footage via Twitch.
> Even though it was for 2 days, I am still feeling a con aftermath.
v What was your FanimeCon 2015 moment.

InsaneDavid

^ Saturday morning I was wearing my Densha de Go! E3 Series Shinkansen SD train suit. I entered an elevator on the street level of the convention center and as the door was closing I hear a group of Fanime attendees say "Train in the elevator!" from a distance. My general reach is limited with the train around my waist so I wasn't able to punch the door open button. Instead I gave them a Japan Railways salute and as the elevator doors slid closed the two or three attendees at the other end of the hallway did the same.  Outstanding convention year all around but that's what I'll remember most.
< Recovering from con.
> Laundry today then preparing for end-of-con prop inspection and making a repair list.
V Favorite thing you bought / saw at Fanime this year?

lanislori

^ The leather guy! My partner and I kept visiting him in the Artist Alley and finally got some nicely inexpensive and super sweet bracelets from him. Twas good!
< I hope your recovery was a swell one!
> Hoping to snag a job with my newly formed resume. In need of funds to support my hobby!
v Current goals?

InsaneDavid

^ Ride out this last year at my current job, essentially finishing up a 15 year unit of my working life.
< Made the last post here over 3 months ago!
> Spent the evening getting caught up around here.
V Planning for 2016 or taking a break and relaxing?

lanislori

^ Ah don't really have plans for Fanime aside from getting into the Just Dance booth a bit more than last year. Fun stuff! Thinking of attending other cons, actually.
< Any plans, yourself?
> Thinking of what to do regarding my life. Many options to consider.
v What's some good advice for a youngster?

InsaneDavid

^ Well I'm only 33 but if I could say something it would be to enjoy every moment you can experience, even the ones that suck ass. That's what makes people who they are.  Life's about opportunities and choices - everything else should just be enjoyed.  :)
< Is making some decisions.
> In response to above, yeah I've been really starting to get new cosplay underway.  I've been "location scouting" off and on for a couple months (which basically means taking screen captures and building design sheets).  My girlfriend and I have been deconstructing and redrafting patterns and coming up with some construction gameplans.  No big props this time, which I'm thankful because I don't have the space in my apartment for something like another bullet train.
V Are you in the midst of a heat wave right now like I am?