Evangelion 1.0: You Are (Not) Alone Movie in SF Japantown Sundance Kabuki

Started by lyricaldanichan, August 11, 2009, 10:22:49 PM

Robo-tech

The best way to find out is to go see it.  It is only in that theater for another couple days, so you have to see it Wednesday or Thursday, or you can wait for the November DVD release.
-Robo-Tech
E-Gaming Second, PC Gaming Co-Head, Fanimecon 2011

JohnnyAR

Quote from: Robo-tech on September 15, 2009, 09:19:41 PM
The best way to find out is to go see it.  It is only in that theater for another couple days, so you have to see it Wednesday or Thursday, or you can wait for the 2010 DVD release.

Hey buddy, the reason why I'm asking is because I can't go. Also The DVD is coming out in November of this year!

Robo-tech

Original post modified; I was thinking of the Blu-Ray release.

But yeah, we tried getting a bunch of people together to support the release and expedite the licensing of the remaining movies, and literally six people showed up out of dozens who were invited, many of whom "confirmed", then flaked out.  Out of 57 seats in the theater, 20 were sold.  At a Saturday screening.  At 7:10p.

Unless your water breaks, go see this movie.  Don't steal, but lie and cheat to see this movie.  We need to make sure the industry gets more of this and less Yu-Gi-Oh-quality dubbing.

And to answer your question, I liked it.  The non-Shinji and non-Misato voice actors all did their jobs well.  I particularly liked Gendo and Fuyutsuki.
-Robo-Tech

JohnnyAR

Quote from: Robo-tech on September 15, 2009, 09:36:31 PM
Original post modified; I was thinking of the Blu-Ray release.

But yeah, we tried getting a bunch of people together to support the release and expedite the licensing of the remaining movies, and literally six people showed up out of dozens who were invited, many of whom "confirmed", then flaked out.  Out of 57 seats in the theater, 20 were sold.  At a Saturday screening.  At 7:10p.

Unless your water breaks, go see this movie.  Don't steal, but lie and cheat to see this movie.  We need to make sure the industry gets more of this and less Yu-Gi-Oh-quality dubbing.

And to answer your question, I liked it.  The non-Shinji and non-Misato voice actors all did their jobs well.  I particularly liked Gendo and Fuyutsuki.

Judging from the trailer the VA for Misato sounds kind... old?

Robo-tech

Quote from: JohnnyAR on September 15, 2009, 09:49:52 PM
Hehe... like, maybe, 10 years older?  It is a little less over the top than before.  I liked it.
-Robo-Tech

JohnnyAR

Quote from: Robo-tech on September 15, 2009, 09:58:03 PM
Quote from: JohnnyAR on September 15, 2009, 09:49:52 PM
Hehe... like, maybe, 10 years older?  It is a little less over the top than before.  I liked it.

I didn't think her voice would change THAT much. I guess ten years can do a lot more than I thought it would.