3rd Annual - SJ Spirit of Japantown Festival 09-26-2K9

Started by Jidai Geki, August 23, 2009, 05:32:04 PM

xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi)

Quote from: Mizuki on September 26, 2009, 01:18:05 AM
Quote from: xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi) on September 26, 2009, 12:56:59 AM
Quote from: Mizuki on September 25, 2009, 07:32:11 PMMelty Blood Actress Again.

We'll definitely take a look and see if we have that in our current storage.  Hopefully, we'll be able to display the game during the show.  ^_^

You bringing any ps2 fighters that require ps2 stick? I kinda wanna bring mine, but want some confirmation so I don't lug mine out there for nothing.

Besides the mentioned Melty Blood, what games would you be interested in?  I will take a look at finalization before leaving from Sacramento.  If you reply before 7:30 AM or so, I can probably post a list or PM you the games, whichever is more convenient.
eGaming Head / FanimeCon, SacAnime, Y-Con, Kintoki-Con, Deceptikon
Tournament Director / AOD
Anime + Gaming Article Lead / GreenTeaGraffiti
Cosplays: Wii Remote, Pink DS Lite

Mizuki

Quote from: xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi) on September 26, 2009, 01:56:12 AM

We'll definitely take a look and see if we have that in our current storage.  Hopefully, we'll be able to display the game during the show.  ^_^

You bringing any ps2 fighters that require ps2 stick? I kinda wanna bring mine, but want some confirmation so I don't lug mine out there for nothing.

Besides the mentioned Melty Blood, what games would you be interested in?  I will take a look at finalization before leaving from Sacramento.  If you reply before 7:30 AM or so, I can probably post a list or PM you the games, whichever is more convenient.

Capcom vs SNK 2, Guilty Gear Accent Core, King of Fighters 98 Ultimate Match, can't really think of anything else. I will check up on this thread before I head out tomorrow.

Jidai Geki

Quote from: Lady_Hoshi on September 25, 2009, 11:23:59 PM
Me and Walter are coming.  and maybe Panda and Allan.  Can't wait to see you again!

Hoshi-sama,
   I've been up since 4am... Starting to load things up... I'll be looking out for you all... Sorry, we haven't gotten together much lately... Work has really picked up and I'm back to my regular 12hr/6day schedule.  If you don't see me in my usual spot, I'll either be at Nichi Bei Bussan or tending to Group Animemyu...

xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi)

Quote from: Mizuki on September 26, 2009, 02:05:13 AM

We'll definitely take a look and see if we have that in our current storage.  Hopefully, we'll be able to display the game during the show.  ^_^

Besides the mentioned Melty Blood, what games would you be interested in?  I will take a look at finalization before leaving from Sacramento.  If you reply before 7:30 AM or so, I can probably post a list or PM you the games, whichever is more convenient.

Capcom vs SNK 2, Guilty Gear Accent Core, King of Fighters 98 Ultimate Match, can't really think of anything else. I will check up on this thread before I head out tomorrow.

We do have Capcom Vs. SNK 2 and Guilty Gear Accent Core.  KoF 98 is uncertain.

We should also have SF Anniversary edition as well and a couple of other fighters.
eGaming Head / FanimeCon, SacAnime, Y-Con, Kintoki-Con, Deceptikon
Tournament Director / AOD
Anime + Gaming Article Lead / GreenTeaGraffiti
Cosplays: Wii Remote, Pink DS Lite

Kites-kun

Ive decided I'll be attending the event as Sasori ^^

Mizuki

Quote from: xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi) on September 26, 2009, 07:19:16 AM
Quote from: Mizuki on September 26, 2009, 02:05:13 AM

We do have Capcom Vs. SNK 2 and Guilty Gear Accent Core.  KoF 98 is uncertain.

We should also have SF Anniversary edition as well and a couple of other fighters.

Cool stuff, seems like I'll bring my arcade stick.

Kites-kun

Jidai Geki

Thanks to all of you that attended the festival today... ;D  Way more people than last year and with the heat.  I saw a lot more Cos-Players this year...  Anime, Maids, Gothic Lolitas and some traditional festival wear.  I hope more will choose to attend future festivals in San Jose Nihonmachi.

Hopefully see some you again for Nikkei Matsuri, Sunday, April 25, 2010

Mizuki-san, Kazuko-san, and Cherry Tea Girl... Please let me know if your envelope was empty... If it was please let me know so I can credit you... I apologize for any error in advance.

LordKefka

Ugh sounded so fun.... stupid Boston never has any of these cool things...~_~..
FanimeCon Press, 2007-2012
FanimeCon Registration Staff, 2007
Fanime Forums Moderator
Anime Boston Press, 2010-2012
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
Anime Expo Press, 2008-2012
Anime Central Press, 2008
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

Barnes

I had fun, but I have a headache now. Shout outs later.
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

rubymoonIII

i couldnt make it originally i was supposed to be there with Bahamutknightzero but my plans got messed up like the legend of chunli movie
;D( im a bad bad girl  :D)
@Digitalberii <--Twitter

Kazuko

Quote from: Jidai Geki on September 26, 2009, 09:57:53 PM
Thanks to all of you that attended the festival today... ;D  Way more people than last year and with the heat.  I saw a lot more Cos-Players this year...  Anime, Maids, Gothic Lolitas and some traditional festival wear.  I hope more will choose to attend future festivals in San Jose Nihonmachi.

Mizuki-san, Kazuko-san, and Cherry Tea Girl... Please let me know if your envelope was empty... If it was please let me know so I can credit you... I apologize for any error in advance.
Thank you so much for the envelope ; ; that was so nice of you. I didnt know what was inside till I opened it later.

Jidai Geki

Quote from: Kazuko on September 27, 2009, 12:56:42 AM

Thank you so much for the envelope ; ; that was so nice of you. I didnt know what was inside till I opened it later.

Do itashimashite... ;D 

Tabbychan

This was so fun<3 I loved seeing all the cosplayers, and all the other events and booths! It was really quite hot though ^^; I was Orihime Inoue with the BRIGHT orange hairXD

Jidai Geki

Quote from: Barnes on September 26, 2009, 10:53:20 PM
I had fun, but I have a headache now. Shout outs later.
Quote from: Tabbychan on September 27, 2009, 07:21:15 PM
This was so fun<3 I loved seeing all the cosplayers, and all the other events and booths! It was really quite hot though ^^; I was Orihime Inoue with the BRIGHT orange hairXD

I'm happy the two of you enjoyed the event and I hope many others were able to enjoy it too.  It's funny, in 2008 we had rain... In 2009 we had heat... Anyone want to guess what we might have in 2010?

I'm also glad I'm the only one here who came down with heat exhaustion... Long story, but it ends with you all saying... Baka!!!!!

Meirin

Hot as hell working at cafe again, but overall it was alright. Definitely had a lot of attention this year. Also, idle conversation in Children's video screening room near closing time was amusing. Highlight of the day was seeing loli jailbait joining us maids coloring and recognizing Haruhi & K-ON references. I was impressed, yet worried about her future. ww

PS: K-noms--Quality children's programming.
Fanimaid Veteran circa 2009

xXunyuuXx

It was really hot ;o;
I was sweating in my costume and under my wig T^T
But it was very fun though >w< Here's a photo from that day~~~

mochisnack

Besides the heat, it was a great turn-out! I think more people showed up this year~
Did anybody get pictures of Vocaloid cosplayers? I was Len Kagamine, and I had a Rin with me, pictures would be greatly appreciated :D
Fanime 2013 Lineup *TENTATIVE*
Friday: Irabu Ichirou, Hakaba Kitaro
Saturday: XIAH Junsu "Tarantallegra",Hagane Miku
Sunday: Ciel Phantomhive, Yuzuriha Inori
Monday: Tachibana Mei

xXunyuuXx

Quote from: mochisnack on September 28, 2009, 07:36:17 PM
Besides the heat, it was a great turn-out! I think more people showed up this year~
Did anybody get pictures of Vocaloid cosplayers? I was Len Kagamine, and I had a Rin with me, pictures would be greatly appreciated :D

Is this it?

Mizuki

Quote from: Jidai Geki on September 26, 2009, 09:57:53 PM

The envelope had a very nice surpise, thank you a lot for the gift.