3rd Annual - SJ Spirit of Japantown Festival 09-26-2K9

Started by Jidai Geki, August 23, 2009, 05:32:04 PM

mochisnack

Quote from: xXunyuuXx on September 28, 2009, 09:00:05 PM
Quote from: mochisnack on September 28, 2009, 07:36:17 PM
Besides the heat, it was a great turn-out! I think more people showed up this year~
Did anybody get pictures of Vocaloid cosplayers? I was Len Kagamine, and I had a Rin with me, pictures would be greatly appreciated :D

Is this it?

It is! Thank you~
Fanime 2013 Lineup *TENTATIVE*
Friday: Irabu Ichirou, Hakaba Kitaro
Saturday: XIAH Junsu "Tarantallegra",Hagane Miku
Sunday: Ciel Phantomhive, Yuzuriha Inori
Monday: Tachibana Mei

kgHapa

Damn I really shouldve went to this, sounded fun! Haha I was all set on it too...and then I picked apples instead. And bought an Indian cookbook. And got a parking ticket (which I wound't have got if I had goneeeeee :'( )

xXunyuuXx

Quote from: mochisnack on September 29, 2009, 06:41:50 AM
Besides the heat, it was a great turn-out! I think more people showed up this year~
Did anybody get pictures of Vocaloid cosplayers? I was Len Kagamine, and I had a Rin with me, pictures would be greatly appreciated :D

Is this it?

It is! Thank you~

No prob ^w^v

xXunyuuXx

Quote from: Atlus on September 29, 2009, 07:00:08 AM
Damn I really shouldve went to this, sounded fun! Haha I was all set on it too...and then I picked apples instead. And bought an Indian cookbook. And got a parking ticket (which I wound't have got if I had goneeeeee :'( )

I love apples~ >w<
Awww...parking ticket?
What you do? Park on the wrong lane or for over staying? >w<

Kazuko

Quote from: Atlus on September 29, 2009, 07:00:08 AM
loling forever that you picked apples but since you bought an indian cook book you should make some curry ~O:

kgHapa

Haha I got the parking ticket in front of my own house!!! For facing the wrong way, WHILE I was picking apples bahaha in my backyard.

Curry ftw

xXunyuuXx

Kazuko

Quote from: Atlus on September 29, 2009, 11:29:35 AM
Haha I got the parking ticket in front of my own house!!! For facing the wrong way, WHILE I was picking apples bahaha in my backyard.

Curry ftw
wow wtf where do you live? I never heard that before, You should have taken off your shirt like you did at ren faire last year that would have bribed them ;O

xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi)

Despite the dreaded heat, the event was quite fun.  Got there at 10 AM.

Maid Cafe was interesting.  This is the first time I ever went to one.  Hopefully, none of us caused any disturbances while on break with stuff like funny pictures, Tentacle Grape bottle, and free Venoms.   :P

Food was good.  Forgot the name of the dish I ate there.

For those who went to eGaming, thanks for stopping by.  That was a very small sneak peek on what to expect for FanimeCon's eGaming.

= = = = =

See ya guys at Yaoi-Con, for those who are going.  ^_^
eGaming Head / FanimeCon, SacAnime, Y-Con, Kintoki-Con, Deceptikon
Tournament Director / AOD
Anime + Gaming Article Lead / GreenTeaGraffiti
Cosplays: Wii Remote, Pink DS Lite

kgHapa

Quote from: Kazuko on September 29, 2009, 02:09:45 PM

Curry ftw
wow wtf where do you live? I never heard that before, You should have taken off your shirt like you did at ren faire last year that would have bribed them ;O

Or, judging by my luck, gotten me pepper sprayed/tazered  ;D Ren faire was awesome this year, did anybody from the forums or this event go?

kgHapa

Quote from: mochisnack on September 29, 2009, 06:41:50 AM

Is this it?

It is! Thank you~

Dang, awesome cosplay btw! I didn't know spirit of japantown had a big cosplay event :o

Jidai Geki

Quote from: Atlus on September 29, 2009, 10:03:33 PM

Dang, awesome cosplay btw! I didn't know spirit of japantown had a big cosplay event :o

This year's Spirit of Japantown Festival had no official Cos-Play event, but to my apperciation, more Cos-Players showed up this year than last year.  If interest grows among Cos-Players to attend events in San Jose Japantown... Cos-Play activities could be incorporated into future festival plans. 

Again, I can never say thank you enough to those Cos-Players, Maids and Goth-Lollies that braved the heat to showoff their costuming skills.

xXunyuuXx

Quote from: Jidai Geki on September 30, 2009, 08:18:33 PM
Quote from: Atlus on September 29, 2009, 10:03:33 PM

This year's Spirit of Japantown Festival had no official Cos-Play event, but to my apperciation, more Cos-Players showed up this year than last year.  If interest grows among Cos-Players to attend events in San Jose Japantown... Cos-Play activities could be incorporated into future festival plans. 

Again, I can never say thank you enough to those Cos-Players, Maids and Goth-Lollies that braved the heat to showoff their costuming skills.

I know right? The heat was on that day x_x
Ooo~ I saw you on the way >w< I walk right past you. I was the maid with silver hair.

sweetchorizo

Liquid

Quote from: Kazuko on September 29, 2009, 02:09:45 PM

Curry ftw

I got one of these before.
Tyler R. - Fanime Staff
2009 & 2010 Rovers - Suits
2011 Rovers - Graveyard Base
2012 Rovers - Second & Head of Suits
2013 Con Ops - Assistant Trouble Shooter

Barnes

EDIT: My tiny gallery (if anyone has a bigger set, please post it)

http://s49.photobucket.com/albums/f293/CapeBarnes/SoJapanTown2009/
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

Jidai Geki

To all,

I apologize for this late update, My health has been going up and down, and I forgot my 13 character password to get into my account... Oops.

I wanted to let you all know that the festival did exceptionally well this year and the preliminary totals show that we are in "The Black."   In the next couple of months, planning for next year's festival will begin.  There is always a need for volunteers so, if any of you would like to volunteer, the contact information link is below:

http://www.spiritofjapantownfestival.com/contacts.htm

lastly, to all of you that attended the festival, please feel free to post what you liked and didn't like about the festival... PROs and CONs... Items of interest...  I'm interested in knowing how your visit to San Jose Nihonmachi went.

Sincerely,
Jidai Geki

Jidai Geki

I guess the festival was "Perfect" since there are no further replies to this post. :P

San Jose Nihonmachi festivals would love to host Cos-Play events, but the lack of interest among Cos-Players, even the serious ones, confounds festival planners.  So, my question to all of you is...

What would Cos-Players be interested in seeing or doing at a Nihonmachi Matsuri (Japantown Festival)?

Kertus

Heh I wouldn't say it was 'perfect'
It was a bit too sunny and hot out.  I expect you to do something about that next year.  :-\
Mario '06. Sven '08. Jared '09. Gai '10. Cobra '11. Kenji '12. Spike '13.
irc.rizon.net #fanime Click here to connect to IRC

Jidai Geki

Quote from: Kertus on December 03, 2009, 08:27:47 AM
Heh I wouldn't say it was 'perfect'
It was a bit too sunny and hot out.  I expect you to do something about that next year.  :-\
The remark "Perfect" was a bit of sarcasm on my part because no one was responding to the feedback request... That aside...

Sorry, We can't control the Bay Area weather pattern...  I periodically monitor this thread and post information when available.  I noted that the weather forcast for that weekend was going to be on the warm side and that those attending should dress appropriately... I was wearing a period costume and wasn't hot at all.  Any recommendations you may have I be happy to forward to the event planners, else...

I will forward a request that more shaded areas be in place for festival attendees.

Now a re-post of the ORIGNAL question:
What would Cos-Players be interested in seeing or doing at a Nihonmachi Matsuri (Japantown Festival)?