Der Gray manz 2010

Started by Yuu, August 24, 2009, 09:06:59 PM

Yuu

Quote from: artisticpsyco on February 07, 2010, 07:19:29 PM
Lenali's better than either Allen or Kanda >3 She can kick your ass and still be adorable as hell. Not to mention she's probably the Heart so I'd say that's an automatic win c;

....Ok, seriously, I'm just boycotting the Super Bowl because I hate sports and have nothing else to say |D lol. /shot

Hmm...as little as I like Linali this brings an up a good point, She'd probably be pretty good at football. She's fast probably fast enough to not have to worry about being hurt and she'd be great at kicking field goals.
Kanda'd make a good distraction cuz he can take all the damage while Allen sits on the side lines and eats hot dogs and drinks all their random brand sports drink.

The only part of football I like is watching them take a beating and bitching about what a bunch of babbies they are for staying out due to injuries. Walk it off dammit!
I had to attend my ...'friends; super bowl party just to watch him jump around like a school girl. It's pathetic really he's older than I am. -_-;
" Your aren't taking sides if you spread out violence evenly"

ToshiX

Allen's is also prob. the heart not to mention he is the 14th as well as being 100% sync with his innocence making him a General Rank  ;D
"When The Snow Melts, What Does It Become?"
"It Becomes Water"
Bzz" Bzz, Wrong It Becomes Spring Silly"
"Spring Is My Favorite Season Of All"

Cosplays
???

Yuu

Yah, well considering the orders current predicament I don't think rank means sh-.

DarkMoonlitStar

I might join as Lenalee's 3rd costume.... (too bad my hair won't be short cuz I'll also be Tifa on other days..) (Is also having a hard time finding red ankle strap shoes that are my size...) x3
"Find yourself, that's the key & I am the only person I can be, myself, that''s me."
2015 Cosplay -tentative-
Shiro- No Game No Life
Koujaku- DraMaticalMurder
Esdese/Esdeath- Akame ga Kiru!
Daiki Aomine-Kuroko no Basuke

Yuu

Quote from: DarkMoonlitStar on February 16, 2010, 09:44:56 PM
I might join as Lenalee's 3rd costume.... (too bad my hair won't be short cuz I'll also be Tifa on other days..) (Is also having a hard time finding red ankle strap shoes that are my size...) x3

Added.

I feel your pain.

First of all, my hair isn't long enough for Kanda ( would have been but nooooo >_<) and trying to put a pony tail in a wig is much more of a pain in the ass that I thought.

As for shoes ( uuuuugh shoes) you'd be amazed how difficult it is to find plain, black, Chinese slippers.

Charis

Have you tried a clip-in?  It's what I use for Kanzeon from Saiyuki (my hair's long enough but won't hold the curl) for precisely the reason of wig+updo=hell.  Just a thought.  Especially if you're dyeing your hair black for Kanda, it'd be reasonably easy to match extensions.

(I wound up ordering my Chinese flats for JK online for precisely that reason.  Pain in the bupkis.)
2012 Plans:
  • Gypsy Queen / Kaya Syokka (Trinity Blood)
  • Risai (Juuni Kokki/Twelve Kingdoms)
  • Shusui (Saiunkoku Monogatari)
  • others TBD

Yuu

Quote from: Charis on February 17, 2010, 12:16:05 PM
Have you tried a clip-in?  It's what I use for Kanzeon from Saiyuki (my hair's long enough but won't hold the curl) for precisely the reason of wig+updo=hell.  Just a thought.  Especially if you're dyeing your hair black for Kanda, it'd be reasonably easy to match extensions.

(I wound up ordering my Chinese flats for JK online for precisely that reason.  Pain in the bupkis.)

Quote from: Charis on February 17, 2010, 12:16:05 PM

Eh yah know, I haven't actually considered that. Specifically for that reason- I don't know if it will be exactly the same shade.
Also I'm one of those tsubborn people who believes that his hair should have a blue tint. I may try that to save me the more rage

I finally did find a place that sells the shoes for like $6! Wammy wuzzle...that I've decided Ito commission a uniform. They're still nice to have.

BTW I may end up adding Mother as our Cross. She is seriously considering attending. ( Dunno if I was supposed to tell you that- if you didn't already know)  and has been threatened many times with beatings if she does not bring Cross, as if that'd make any impression on our cranky Mother.

Charis

Actually, Kaasan confirmed to me that she'll be down, so ... now you just have to talk her into bringing Cross down.  XD  I expect she'd be amenable enough to it.

(Ken'll be coming too, but he doesn't count.  Tige has said Absolutely Not, so at least Toshi and he won't get to engage in simultaneous beating.)
2012 Plans:
  • others TBD

Yuu

Quote from: Charis on February 17, 2010, 05:04:25 PM
Actually, Kaasan confirmed to me that she'll be down, so ... now you just have to talk her into bringing Cross down.  XD  I expect she'd be amenable enough to it.

(Ken'll be coming too, but he doesn't count.  Tige has said Absolutely Not, so at least Toshi and he won't get to engage in simultaneous beating.)

Really? Ken too? Wait, why am I surprised? Ka-san IS going after all. GROOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAN.

It's shame Tige wont be joining us. He  may be almost as much of a pain as Toshi but he's the one I hide behind when the others bother me.
Besides, we have no Tyki's NEEDS MORE TYKIS. >_<

DarkMoonlitStar

Quote from: Yuu on February 17, 2010, 11:36:31 AM
Quote from: DarkMoonlitStar on February 16, 2010, 09:44:56 PM

Added.

I feel your pain.

First of all, my hair isn't long enough for Kanda ( would have been but nooooo >_<) and trying to put a pony tail in a wig is much more of a pain in the ass that I thought.

As for shoes ( uuuuugh shoes) you'd be amazed how difficult it is to find plain, black, Chinese slippers.
Ugh... I found so many rip offs of the shoes I want and they're not even the right size....(all 9^) I'm only a size 7.5 and I'm also looking for those red anklets for her blood crystal innocence...
"Find yourself, that's the key & I am the only person I can be, myself, that''s me."
2015 Cosplay -tentative-
Shiro- No Game No Life
Koujaku- DraMaticalMurder
Esdese/Esdeath- Akame ga Kiru!
Daiki Aomine-Kuroko no Basuke

BSaphire

I just wanted to do a quick shout out to all the Gray peeps out here and invite you all to come represent Der Gray Man at the Shounen Jump Gathering Sunday @ 3 pm FiF HS. Just post in the Jump thread your character and what from & I will add you to the list :)

Hope to see you there!
BSaphire
BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

ToshiX

Quote from: Charis on February 17, 2010, 05:04:25 PM

So I should rethink Sak-Con then...
"It Becomes Water"

Cosplays
???

artisticpsyco

I just we have a grand total of 0 Noah ._.

Also, Yuu, would it be ok if I made a thread for D.GM on cos.com? I know some people might not check the Fanime forums so I'd like to let any of them who happen to be cosplaying D.GM know about the gathering as well c:

Yuu

Quote from: ToshiX on February 24, 2010, 02:48:49 PM

So I should rethink Sak-Con then...

hehe be my guest. then you'll learn the hard way just how indiscriminate Tige is when it comes to tormenting others.

Quote from: artisticpsyco on March 01, 2010, 03:51:06 PM
I just we have a grand total of 0 Noah ._.

Also, Yuu, would it be ok if I made a thread for D.GM on cos.com? I know some people might not check the Fanime forums so I'd like to let any of them who happen to be cosplaying D.GM know about the gathering as well c:

Yah, I noticed that too. There always those who aren't on this board.

Be my guest, just link back here.

So00 ch 192...
Congrats to Hoshino for being the first- and probably last-mangaka to make me physically ill. ( Just a little though)

artisticpsyco

Kay, thanks. I'll be sure to.

Ugh, I know right? But is was such a good chapter I haven't said, "Nuuu! Where's the rest?!" to a chapter for quite a while ._. I'm hoping that it comes out soon. I wonder what will happen when Alma wakes up? And why the hell Rhode was there, she was just as doll there wasn't she?

ToshiX

I have a few friends coming but they won't make it to the con until like 11:30 or 12 so is it possible to have it like 12?
"It Becomes Water"

Cosplays
???

Yuu

Kay, thanks. I'll be sure to.

Ugh, I know right? But is was such a good chapter I haven't said, "Nuuu! Where's the rest?!" to a chapter for quite a while ._. I'm hoping that it comes out soon. I wonder what will happen when Alma wakes up? And why the hell Rhode was there, she was just as doll there wasn't she?
[/quote]

Yah it was a great chapter. My friend told me " Oh c'mon you knew it was going to happen" Yah but NOT like that. That was soo...oh God. I may be sightly scarred now.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: ToshiX on March 03, 2010, 02:17:39 AM
I have a few friends coming but they won't make it to the con until like 11:30 or 12 so is it possible to have it like 12?

*Grin* Toshi needs a favor from me...
   Actually, I asked for 1130. Provided it isn't taken,  I'll try and get noon. Though I don't know why I should. Your just SO mean to me even knowing how sensitive I am.

ToshiX

This months chapter is total WTF!

well try noon then that be good
"It Becomes Water"

Cosplays
???

Charis

I expect noon may prove problematic, given that both Naruto and Hetalia are meeting at that time.  Just sayin'.

(On a stictly personal level, noon will probably be pushing it for me, depending on when TB falls.  Wanna make sure I've got plenty of time to change.  At worst, I'll still be in Miranda in the AM, I just may have to say hi and run at the gathering.)
2012 Plans:
  • others TBD

Yuu

Quote from: ToshiX on March 03, 2010, 04:23:38 PM
This months chapter is total WTF!

well try noon then that be good

It's my fault for thinking that the chapters couldn't possibly be anymore f-ed up than the last. I really liked it though. Hoshino's writing is so amazing. I typically don't feel anything for the characters in anime/manga but DGM has always been good at tugging on heart-strings...not mine of coarse  cuz my heart is stuck in place with duct tape

Yah, yah I'll do what I can. Really, 11"30 should good enough. Unless you guys are so boring that you quit within a half an hour.

Even if that is the case, we can always meet up later.