Saiyuki Gathering 2012

Started by D001, August 28, 2009, 06:23:05 PM

D001

Okay...I'll go ahead and sign us up for the 5:30p gathering slot on Friday, then.  Saiyuki poker at 5p and dinner after the gathering.

Er...having never been to Fanime before, I've no clue of what food is available close by.  Any suggestions? ^_^
D

Next Costumes: Goujun (Saiyuki), Sanzo (Saiyuki), King of Tai (Twelve Kingdoms), Mihai (DOGS), Sailor Pluto (Sailor Moon)?, Rapunzel (Tangled)?

kimu

There are choices not too far a walk away!
There's a pretty good burger place, Chinese, I think it was Thai or Indian, Japanese, a pub type place, etc.
And a rather lovely bakery place with fancy desserts.....

Willow17

Cosplay list 2012: Lirin (Saiyuki), Goku (Saiyuki)?, Link (Spirit Tracks), Harry Potter, Soi Fong (Bleach), Ray (Beyblade)

D001

Okay - so went to submit out gathering for the official list and realized that we've not yet chosen a place for our gathering!  Anyone have any suggestions?  I've not been to fanime before, so I'll rely on what others who have been there suggest, but just from the list, I'd vote for the fountains or the park.

FiF = Fountains in Front
FiF CE = Fountains in Front (Convention Entrance)
FiF MS = Fountains in Front (Marriott Side)
FiF HS = Fountains in Front (Hilton Side)
LP HS = Library Path (Hilton Side) Pathway between Fountains and Library
1FCC RS = 1st Floor Convention Center (Riser Stage)
1FCC LA = 1st Floor Convention Center (Lobby Area)
1FCC G/ET = 1st Floor Convention Center (Gatherings/Events Table)
Park across from FH = Park across from Fairmont Hotel
FH = Fairmont Hotel
FH L = Fairmont Hotel (Lobby)
FH B = Fairmont Hotel (Ballroom)

Let me know what you guys think would make a great gathering place for us and I'll submit when we've got that settled.

Also, for the food, I totally vote for the Chinese, Japanese or Thai/Indian place *beams*

Willow17 - I've got you added as Lirin!

And the first post is completely updated.  Please let me know if I've left anything out!
D

Next Costumes: Goujun (Saiyuki), Sanzo (Saiyuki), King of Tai (Twelve Kingdoms), Mihai (DOGS), Sailor Pluto (Sailor Moon)?, Rapunzel (Tangled)?

BSaphire

BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

D001

So, just in case you haven't noticed, we are all signed up and ready to go for our gathering this year :D  Please check the first post for all of the info ^_^

Don't forget that we're going to be doing Saiyuki Poker prior to the gathering and having a Saiyuki dinner afterwards. ^______^

Definitely looking forward to this! Whee~
D

Ginryuu

And just to add in another little tidbit, I will be bringing my prop kit that I started at AX.  It has lots of fun things for all to use!

D001

Eee! Yay the prop kit :D  Lots of goodies in there for fun times :D

Also, we should start putting a list together of photo ops.  Obviously, we'll have the full group shot, the Sanzo group, etc.  But if anyone has any ideas of other photo ops or even artbook shots we want...speak up so we can make a list so everyone gets the pics they're hoping for.

Also, given how long my competition costume is taking, I highly doubt I'm getting the costume I was hoping to bring to the gathering done.  As a result, I'm signing myself up officially as Ukoku. *smirks, plays with a chess piece*
D

Ginryuu

What would a Saiyuki gathering be without the prop kit?  Hehe, for those who weren't at the AX gathering...it contains a japanese newspaper, playing cards, a map, glasses for Sanzo (which are my actual glasses so if you use be careful) and some sort of spherical orange fruit.  Feel free to use any or all of the items...as long as they are returned to me at the end.

Except for the fruit...we'll be eating those after the shoot.  ^__^

nakedsnake

I shall be attending as Gojyo!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

nakedsnake

forgot to mention my friend will be going as Dr. Nii
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

Ginryuu

Yay another Gojyo!  And Nii too!  It'll make photos more fun with more villains.  XD

I got you two marked off on the cosplay.com forum.  D will get you down when she get's back here.  (I'll poke her)

D001

YAY!! I've updated the list with the both of you.  ^____________________^

I am very excited about this gathering and am looking forward to the awesome turn out we will have :D
D

Ginryuu

Right, D...I talked with kuroikouma and she can't make it out to Fanime...so she needs to be removed as a maybe.  =(

Sorry Ukoku...you don't get a toy-er...student anymore.

D001

Aw, that's sad to hear about kuroikouma not being able to make it T_T
D

Ginryuu

Ok people!  There are less than 2 weeks to Fanime!  If there is anything you'd like to see or to be done better speak up so we have time to see if we can pull it off!  I like exclamation marks!

Charis

*COVERS EARS*  LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA NOT LISTENING 'cause I don't want to think about how much there is left to do.

*covers D's ears and eyes for good measure*
2012 Plans:
  • Gypsy Queen / Kaya Syokka (Trinity Blood)
  • Risai (Juuni Kokki/Twelve Kingdoms)
  • Shusui (Saiunkoku Monogatari)
  • others TBD

Haku_Zoi

Yes! I finally have my favorite series for 8 YEARS cosplay!!! <3

I'm going to be Cho Gonou. Hakkai's old self. Blood and all!  ;D

I'll be there by the gathering time on Friday.

I'm bringing a young Gojyo and young Goku!!!

CAN"T WAIT TO SEE YOU GUYS!!! :3
I'm a member of Okage-Sama De~ cosplay group.

Ginryuu

*spastic flailing*  That sounds like so much fun!  I'll add you three to the cosplay.com list right away and look forward to seeing all of you (and that ALL of you all of you) soon!

(D needs to be the one to add you here...but I'm sure she'll stumble across this shortly.  ^_^ )

VakarianPride

Hey, Gojyo for HuggalotXOmocha's group checking in :) Can't wait for fun to ensue!