Saiyuki Gathering 2012

Started by D001, August 28, 2009, 06:23:05 PM

Ginryuu

Awesome!  I'll change you over on the cos.com list!

*wonder's where D must have gone...probably sewing like mad...like I should be...  >.> *

Charis

Soooooooooo ... since work's been trying to kill me this week, Kanzeon is pretty much a no-go for me. D: I might be able to get her done, but not to a state I'd be happy with and not without going bad-crazy.  I'll bring Koumyou instead, unless I somehow find a space-time pocket between now and Fanime. (And if I am, you're all invited to the party there.)

Will also be drafting my sister as Random Minion, since throwing her into a Chinese jacket and appropriate pants seemed amusing enough.  Yay minion!

... yeah.  Time to finish packing now.  <_<;;

(And Ginryuu, I have D and I'm holding her hostage.  On the phone.  Somehow. XD )
2012 Plans:
  • Gypsy Queen / Kaya Syokka (Trinity Blood)
  • Risai (Juuni Kokki/Twelve Kingdoms)
  • Shusui (Saiunkoku Monogatari)
  • others TBD

D001

*manages to find a way to transmit without captor Myalchod noticing...yeah right? ~_^*

I've got the list updated, absolutely cannot wait to see everyone, this is so very exciting!

I've been buried under my competition costume, but it is finally finished and packed WHEE~!  Hopefully all you die-hard Saiyuki fans out there will approve of it *hearts*

*runs off to finish packing and pass out - that was a monster of a costume*

D
D

Next Costumes: Goujun (Saiyuki), Sanzo (Saiyuki), King of Tai (Twelve Kingdoms), Mihai (DOGS), Sailor Pluto (Sailor Moon)?, Rapunzel (Tangled)?

Ginryuu

Ok Charis...so you're gonna be Koumyou now...and you're sister is gonna be a minion...got it.  I'll switch it over on the cos.com forums too.  And I'll gladly join you in the space-time pocket...I'll bring Leon.

And D...we totally failed at spamming the threads.  XD  But that's ok since we've been busy and still total over 20...which is pretty awesome since it's Fanime's first Saiyuki gathering I think...  *shrug*
Can't wait to see you're masq costume in a few days!  And you too I guess...

ranma12

yay! i am goku! =D ill show up at any time after noon on friday-mon before noon. sounds fun =D cosplay a;most done but could i get some cosplay advice? he has little bone peaces on his sholder, how do i get them on, i was thinking modling clay all the way across my back but im hyper and i don't wanta glomp or be glomped and have them fall and break off.

got advice

But i can't wait!!!!

Ginryuu

Well...the gathering is at 5:30 in front of the Fountains on Friday...with poker at 5...so it looks like you should be able to make it.  I'll put you down.  ^_^

As far as the armor goes...I would craft it out of model magic (since it's super lightweight and has a good texture for bone) and use a wire support inside each one so that they're a little more sturdy.  Don't make it one solid piece...you won't be able to move much...so a separate piece for each shoulder.  Since it's lightweight you should be able to make it stay on with a few well placed snaps.  Just...don't go banging it into stuff no matter what you make it out of.  ^_^   At least...that's my opinion on the matter.

VakarianPride

Quote from: ranma12 on May 26, 2010, 06:40:11 PM
yay! i am goku! =D ill show up at any time after noon on friday-mon before noon. sounds fun =D cosplay a;most done but could i get some cosplay advice? he has little bone peaces on his sholder, how do i get them on, i was thinking modling clay all the way across my back but im hyper and i don't wanta glomp or be glomped and have them fall and break off.

got advice

But i can't wait!!!!
This may sound weird, if you can pull it off, make it out of styrofoam and duct tape, since you can paint directly onto duct tape. I'm going to be walking around in armor on Sunday made completely out of styrofoam :D

D001

Yay for the Saiyuki gathering! Whee~  We had a pretty good turnout and I think things went well. :D

Any favorite moments?  Any suggestions for next year?

I was utterly stoked about the turnout we had.  I was ecstatic!  Saiyuki FTW :D
D

Next Costumes: Goujun (Saiyuki), Sanzo (Saiyuki), King of Tai (Twelve Kingdoms), Mihai (DOGS), Sailor Pluto (Sailor Moon)?, Rapunzel (Tangled)?

kimu

This was my first Saiyuki gathering to participate in with others, and it was a lot of fun. (My Hazel debut at ALA was just our little fun group, and Wasabi was informal stuff, too.)
It's also my first time to have people say "I hate you" and actually run away from me! Didn't really get that much at the other two cons. ;P

There were some really fun set ups for the various characters--I'll start wading through my 1300 pics from Fanime to start posting as soon as I can....

My only suggestion for improvement is to not use that exact spot for the shoot.
Too much clutter in the backgrounds of people, and when staring into the sun, all the pics are with eyes totally shut. (I'm not cosplaying Gin from Bleach so that doesn't work as well for me...teehee.)

Ginryuu

I was thinking of going for a different spot next year too.  Possibly that black box thing right inside the door...since we'd still be easy to find...but it's indoors so the light won't be as strong and it's in the corner to prevent all the people in the bg.  If not possibly one of the side spots where we can hide in trees or shade.

kimu

Outside of a few possible pics sneaking into the album, mostly around Floofy Artbook Sanzo from D left to post...
I present you my Saiyuki pics:
http://s942.photobucket.com/albums/ad266/kimu_cosplay/Fanime%2010%20Saiyuki/

(This is the only album I'm done with, wading through over 1300 pics on my camera.....)

Enjoy, I hope!

D001

D

Ginryuu

I was juuuuuust about to ask if you would!  XD

Looks like we'll be co-hosting again next year huh.  ^_^

D001

Haha! Perfect timing then, as I was just getting ready to PM you on cos.com *hearts*

And yay for co-hosting! :D *hugs*

I was thinking that we could have the location where the TB and 12K gatherings were, since they were still outside, so yay nice, but they were in shadier areas, so yay being able to see.  Also, not in the direct path of traffic. ^^;;  Thoughts?
D

Charis

How dare you post me without me posting here!  /kidding

(Because, y'know, I didn't tell you to do that or anything. But yes, I will be merciful and compassionate next year, damn it.)
2012 Plans:
  • Gypsy Queen / Kaya Syokka (Trinity Blood)
  • Risai (Juuni Kokki/Twelve Kingdoms)
  • Shusui (Saiunkoku Monogatari)
  • others TBD

Ginryuu

I think that spot will work well.  And since there are two of us we can always send somebody out every now and then to flag down people.  ^_^

I'll start up a thread on cos.com after AX...since I'm a little preoccupied with that atm.

Ginryuu

Sooooooooooooooooooo posting as a co-organizer to give the thread a little chi-resurrection here.  (also because BSapphire requested it, but that's another matter ^__^ )

So letsee, what's the status and stuffs, were looking at having it at having the gathering off to the left of the convention center this next time to cut back on sun issues.  I'll try and figure out what the name of that site is later...after midterms stop eating me.  Day and time are still up in the air, so if anybody has any gathering conflict requests feel free to post so we can keep track of them and make this work for the maximum number of people.

So far the conflict list is:
Bleach
Trinity Blood
Twelve Kingdoms
Final Fantasy

Also, went and created a thread on cos.comhttp://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=225649
Feel free to post here, or there, or wherever.  Just try and let us know if you post in both so we don't list you twice on accident kay.

I thiiiiiiiiiiink that's about it for now.  I'll try and poke D and get her to do some posting stuffs, but in the mean time HAVE AT IT PEOPLE.

kimu

I'll be there with my Hazel cosplay!

Ginryuu

Allllllrighty!  Second post for the month, as requested by BSaphire.  Also serves as thread chi revival!

D001

Ack! Not sure why I didn't have you on the list, Kimu, but that's been fixed now.  Will have to make sure we've got wine to welcome our Western guest <3

I've got the coscom link updated as well. :)

I'm thinking at this point that I'll bring Sanzo to Fanime, but may revise that at a later date.  Of course, Bunny will still come <3

Also...I think I got the correct code for the location, but please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong! XD  I think it's the Marriott side, but I might be getting the hotels mixed up...
D