Saiyuki Gathering 2012

Started by D001, August 28, 2009, 06:23:05 PM

D001

Heading West.

It's the Saiyuki Gathering 2012!

Location and Meeting Place: FMS = Front Marriott Side of the Convention Center Lobby (tree area)
Day: Friday
Time: 4p

Saiyuki Poker: 30 min prior at the gathering place
Saiyuki Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner: after the gathering

Bring out your favorite Saiyuki character and join in on the fun!  Her Merciful Goddess will be very amused by this gathering, and requests that you entertain her.

Please post:
Character
Preferred Day
Preferred Time

Please keep in mind the large gatherings, as competing with them would probably be a bad idea at this stage.  And let us know what gathering conflicts you are looking to avoid and we'll do our best!  I'll also be co-hosting with Ginryuu.

Official head count: 7
Attendees:
Akila_Ishtar - Gojyo
Ginryuu - Youkai!Hakkai
Locke Octavian - Sanzo
Myalchod - Kanzeon
Tenkage - Yaone
Willow17 - Lirin
Willow17's friend - Sanzo

and Bunny will attend as Bunny.

Link to Cos.com thread: http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?p=4257101#post4257101

Rough Photo List/Order
Group
By character
Ikkou (Sanzo, Goku, Gojyo, Hakkai)
Bad Guys (Kougaiji, Lirin, Hazel)
Other (aka, the special spot reserved for HMG)
Requests (scene re-creations, crack, all all other manner of fun stuff can go here)

Fanime will be taking group pictures during the Gathering/Event this year. If you do not want to be included in those pictures please step aside for those photos. By remaining with the group when the pictures are being taken you give your consent to be photographed.
D

Next Costumes: Goujun (Saiyuki), Sanzo (Saiyuki), King of Tai (Twelve Kingdoms), Mihai (DOGS), Sailor Pluto (Sailor Moon)?, Rapunzel (Tangled)?

kimu

Once I have my cosplay choice picked out, I'll join this next year!

D001

Score!  I can't wait to see which one you pick :D  (I'm still gathering stuff for you , I promise ~_^)
D

Next Costumes: Goujun (Saiyuki), Sanzo (Saiyuki), King of Tai (Twelve Kingdoms), Mihai (DOGS), Sailor Pluto (Sailor Moon)?, Rapunzel (Tangled)?

Charis

Especially after tonight's -- er, still continuing conversation -- I shall just content myself with smirking.

;)
2012 Plans:
  • Gypsy Queen / Kaya Syokka (Trinity Blood)
  • Risai (Juuni Kokki/Twelve Kingdoms)
  • Shusui (Saiunkoku Monogatari)
  • others TBD

Ginryuu

Thanks for taking control over here D.  Keep me posted on goings on or big changes in case I'm lazy and don't check.

kimu

I will admit to some fear over ....possible plotting going on.
And I also admit, D and Ginryuu tag teaming this just seems amusingly perfect after their cosplay for this series at AX....LOL!

I promise after I learn more at NDK, I'll make a decision made on what I will cosplay.
I don't plan to keep it a secret.
;)

HuggalotXOmocha

I'll be cosplaying as Kinkaku. :0 And I might be with a Ginkaku, too. My cosplay group might also join in: Sanzo, Lirin, Kami, Goku, Chin Yisou, and Hazel.

D001

OMG that will be so awesome!  I hope your sister and your cosplay group all decide to join in on the fun! :D
D

Ginryuu

Quote from: HuggalotXOmocha on September 07, 2009, 07:12:00 PM
I'll be cosplaying as Kinkaku. :0 And I might be with a Ginkaku, too. My cosplay group might also join in: Sanzo, Lirin, Kami, Goku, Chin Yisou, and Hazel.
Oooooohhh.  I didn't know there could be others!  Let us know as soon as possible if your group can come so we can put them on the attendance list too. =3

Yuutousei

Could I hang with y'all?
I'm cosplaying as Tokitoh from Wild Adapter but he's sorta all on his lonesome since my Kubo-chan is in MD ;A;
SELLING!
Check out my current Cosplays, Panels & Plans!

Ginryuu

I don't see why not.  Still a Minekura series and stuff.  I mean...it's not like we'll kick you out of the area just because you're not Saiyuki or anything.

D, O super special co-host of mine...what do you think?

D001

I say the more the merrier!!!

and...forgive me, but...EEE WILD ADAPTOR YAY!!!!

ahem.  I'm better now :D
D

Yuutousei

Ah, I recently watched the Bus Gamer OVAs and was like "SQUEE!"

Thanks guys "D
SELLING!
Check out my current Cosplays, Panels & Plans!

D001

Ooh, I've not seen the Bus Gamer OVAs...didn't know those were out, actually...I'll have to go looking for them ^_^  I do have the pilot manga, though.  Wish there could be more, I really liked Bus Gamer.

So from what I can tell, the big push for day/time slots is going to start getting into full swing here within the next month.  Start thinking about when you guys want to do this.  I know that a bunch of us will be doing the Trinity Blood, Bleach and Final Fantasy shoots, but if there are any conflicts, post those here with the times so we can see what we can do about making sure this is accessible for as many people as possible!

Also, keep in mind, that if at all possible, we're hoping to do a Saiyuki dinner, too (as Goku cheers).
D

Charis

Timing, timing ... for me, Friday's definitely the best of the bunch, since most of Saturday will be eaten up with Bleach (and then I think Masquerade in the eve, for those attending) and Sunday's a crazy busy day (though if I manage to get everything done, I'll have Saiyuki for the Black and White Ball -- mwahaha!).  The potential problem I can see is if we've got folks with school, however, but hopefully it won't be.

Kimu and Ginryuu and I scoped out a few good photo opportunity spots at the winter San Jose gathering a few weeks back, on a random side tangent.  Don't think anyone took pictures of them, but we'll remember.  :D
2012 Plans:
  • others TBD

Charis

Well, now that I've officially let the cat out of the bag at ALA: I'll be attending as Kanzeon Bosatsu.  (Might bring Koumyou as well if D wants, but I'm definitely planning Kanzeon for the gathering.)

Someone has to keep an eye on all those antics, after all.  ^_~  (And yes, I do indeed intend to be amused. *hearts*)
2012 Plans:
  • others TBD

D001

Got the list updated :)  Also added Bunny, because Bunny wants to come.

Still haven't decided what I'm going as...it will mostly depend on whether or not I get the Super Secret Cosplay TM done.  GAH EPIC WIG ^^;;;;;;  I'll get a better idea of it after I get my competition costume finished.

As far as timing goes...how do you guys feel about having the gathering start between 5:30p - 6:30p ish on Friday and then trek over for food afterwards?  Let me know what you think, if this works for people.  Not setting it in stone yet, but just trying to get ideas, so please let me know!

*runs off to order bolt of linen for costumes*
D

Charis

YAY BUNNY!

*thread spamming?*

Sunset's around eight, apparently, during Fanime (that seems so late!), so even pushing that late should give us decent daylight to play with, though I lean more to the 5:30 side.  But as I'll be in Thursday, it's all the same to me.

(And I may have conned my sister into doing something for this too.  We shall see o/~ )
2012 Plans:
  • others TBD

Ginryuu

I think that time should work.  So...gathering at 5:30 with Saiyuki Poker at 5?

kimu

*polishes up a wine glass*
Sounds like a good time to me.