Saiyuki Gathering 2012

Started by D001, August 28, 2009, 06:23:05 PM

Ginryuu

Speaking of taking souls.  Hazel-san, I would appreciate it if you didn't collaborate with my college about effective techniques of doing so.  I like mine where it is right now quite well and would hate to lose it.

As far as shots go...we can do the basics.

Group
By character
Ikkou
Bad Guys
Other (aka, the special spot reserved for HMG)
Requests (scene re-creations, crack, all all other manner of fun stuff can go here)

In fact...that works really well.  I'm going to add that to the first post in the cos-com thread.  If anybody has specific requests (like Hazel and Bunny) we can start to list them there.

I'm also going to add to the requests, seeing we have some Lirins to play with...I think photos of them bothering Kougaiji and Sanzo would be fun.

D001

Ginryuu, you are awesome.  That was the general idea I was going to type out, and I so failed and confused myself.  It was epically awesome fail, actually. *g*  But I'm c/p'ing that into the first post here as well and I think we can mostly stick with that, unless, like you said, anyone has other specific ideas upfront. *high-fives*

Kimu, but it'd still be an awesome giggly shot *beams*  I'm sure we will have lots of awesome spontaneous crack.  It's Saiyuki! XD

I think I also require HMG being amused at everyone shot.  And everyone else looking like DOOM just settled in the corner...with a colony of penguins.
D

Next Costumes: Goujun (Saiyuki), Sanzo (Saiyuki), King of Tai (Twelve Kingdoms), Mihai (DOGS), Sailor Pluto (Sailor Moon)?, Rapunzel (Tangled)?

D001

So how's everyone doing?  Anything you guys are looking particularly forward to?  I'm excited about the Ball, personally.  And this gathering.  But I'm biased <3

And yes, this is a gratuitous post for a thread bump <3
D

Next Costumes: Goujun (Saiyuki), Sanzo (Saiyuki), King of Tai (Twelve Kingdoms), Mihai (DOGS), Sailor Pluto (Sailor Moon)?, Rapunzel (Tangled)?

Poof-Aro

What is this? The con is a little more then a month away?! Gah!
My Lirin cosplay is done. I just need to finish my wig and run some make-up tests. I'm still working on two other cosplays though... This is the first year I've actually participated in the making of my cosplays. I'm really excited to just go and have fun. ^^
Fanime 2014 Cosplays:
Vaporeon
The Black and Silver Steampunk

My Cosplay Page

SabienStrange

GDIDON'TREMINDMETHECONSAMONTHAWAY AGOEINAW
I haven't been able to buy squat for Kougaiji yet.
Birthday's, gas prices and other things keep cropping up and eating my funds and time.
So much for my perfect budgeting plans. e_o;

I've only been once before, so I'm pretty much excited for the whole con in general
and running around like a headless chicken.
Oh and Swap Meet. I've got SO MUCH CRAP I need to get rid of that could go to someone else to enjoy.
I was thinking of going to the Ball, but none of my friends want to go, so I'm just gonna mill around or go to the dance or something.

Mod edit: It's called a dance:)

Poof-Aro

Run to some thrift store and see if you can find some stuff to modify for your cosplay.
Fanime 2014 Cosplays:
Vaporeon
The Black and Silver Steampunk

My Cosplay Page

Pharaoh Maliku

D: I almost wish I hadn't cut my hair or I could do my Gojyo cosplay again. But I'll try and come and take pictures and flirt with you guys -- I mean take pictures of you guys, for being sexy. ;)
♥ Fear is temporary. Regret is forever. ♥

YGO Cosplay Group:: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_141830519221884

Ginryuu

Aww sorry you can't be Gojyo.  One of the many reasons wigs rock my socks.  See you there for photos though!

Also sorry for the lack of updates from me in general so far guys.  Been crazy busy here finishing up the semester.  Be back in a week and a half after I have conquered my 5 final projects!

Pharaoh Maliku

Yeaaah, well I don't think getting a wig would be too hard (though they are hot in itchy! At Sac I just dyed my hair red and it was awesome)  but I don't have his weapon yet either and without it I think it looks almost like street clothes. :C Next year I'll do it for sure!

Saiyuki fans are the best though I'll do my best to make it. >w< I don't know why this series doesn't have more love.

D001

Who's down with a short haired Gojyo? I'm down with a short haired Gojyo XD  (or you could show up as Gojyo in a past/future life *g*)  But yeah! Come on by anyway and hang out with us.  You're welcome to join us for dinner afterward, of course ^_^  The more, the merrier and we can always use a Gojyo in any incarnation <3

Hopefully everyone's projects are going well!  And RL, too <3  Can't wait to see everyone!
D

Pharaoh Maliku

I could in theory do a short haired fem!version... >_< ; llmao hm...  Ahh you guys are tempting me!!

I will gladly flirt with you all regardless of what I am wearing. ;)

Ginryuu

Gojyo's hair as been seen in many lengths.  There's the 'I thought Gonou was executed'-short.  There's the just above shoulder with top half in pony-tail version too (I think...that was around when he met Banri if I'm not mistaken).

But yeah, whatever you're wearing, looks like we'll see ya there!

D001

I totally forgot that Gojyo cut his hair short after Gonou...how did I forget this??? XD;

Also? I need clones.  Then I could dress them all up in all of my Saiyuki costumes and I wouldn't have to choose which costume to do. XD  (and then everyone really could say that I can be my own gathering *g*)

I've updated the 1st post to make sure we've got everything up there.  If you see something I've missed, please let me know!

btw, does anyone recall the name of that Chinese place we went to last year?
D

SabienStrange

Blarg.
So I'm checking with friends, and the panel that I had said I would be at for her is like RIGHT AT THE SAME TIME AS THIS GATHERING.
Totally ignoring the fact that I, once again, couldn't pull Kougaiji together,
I don't think I may be able to make this.
At least not in the proper cosplay anyway.

If I show up to say hi, I might be a troll.
So, sorry guys. ):

D001

Aw, that's a bummer, but no worries! Come by and say hi anyway; we'd love to see you! ^_^  Enjoy your friend's panel :)
D

Ginryuu

Sabien, gathering or not you KNOW I'll hunt you down.  <3

So do what you gotta, and we'll get to cosplaying Saiyuki at the same time and place one day...ONE DAY!

SabienStrange

D : Ugh, tell me about it.
This is like the second time this's happened.
Karma has it in for me, I guess. xD;

But thank you, I'll at least stop by to chat!
I miss Saiyuki fans like a fish misses clean oceans.

Ginryuu : LOL OH I KNOW BBY. I KNOW.
Fortunately I'm pretty easy to find, I think?

ONE DAY. ONE. DAY. D8
I've just decided to slowly collect and make things in spurts,
because it seems like my luck when it comes to planning things for actual cons is growing weak.

D001

Quote from: SabienStrange on May 06, 2011, 11:29:26 PM
D : Ugh, tell me about it.
This is like the second time this's happened.
Karma has it in for me, I guess. xD;

But thank you, I'll at least stop by to chat!
I miss Saiyuki fans like a fish misses clean oceans.

Ginryuu : LOL OH I KNOW BBY. I KNOW.
Fortunately I'm pretty easy to find, I think?

ONE DAY. ONE. DAY. D8
I've just decided to slowly collect and make things in spurts,
because it seems like my luck when it comes to planning things for actual cons is growing weak.

You could also try to plan coming to the Saiyuki dinner with us as well <3  Just tossing out another idea ^_^  The more, the merrier!

Hope everyone is doing well!  Very excited and cannot wait for this gathering myself :D  We're all good to go, so it'll be nothing but fun <3

now just to get stuff done ^^;;;
D

kuroikouma

SO THIS MIGHT BE A LITTLE LATE TO LET YOU GUYS KNOW BUT.

I'll be attending this darling little gathering as Kami-sama~ ;D THE wonderful Kami-sama, of course!

D001

Quote from: kuroikouma on May 20, 2011, 03:51:26 PM
SO THIS MIGHT BE A LITTLE LATE TO LET YOU GUYS KNOW BUT.

I'll be attending this darling little gathering as Kami-sama~ ;D THE wonderful Kami-sama, of course!

*BOUNCES* Yay! It's so rare to get a Kami-sama!  I'm running out the door, but will add you to the list later tonight1 <# (too bad I wasn't doing Ukoku now T_T ...or well, maybe not so much too bad for you XD)
D