Saiyuki Gathering 2012

Started by D001, August 28, 2009, 06:23:05 PM

SabienStrange

Quote from: kuroikouma on May 20, 2011, 03:51:26 PM
SO THIS MIGHT BE A LITTLE LATE TO LET YOU GUYS KNOW BUT.

I'll be attending this darling little gathering as Kami-sama~ ;D THE wonderful Kami-sama, of course!

HRRRRGGNNNnnnnfuckyeah ~ ; u;

kuroikouma

Hehe! I LOVE cosplaying Kami-sama, but this is only my second time wearing him to a con, so I'm ridiculously excited. He's one of my favorite characters, so~ ;D

/is excited to abuse people

kimu

A Kami-sama?
Oh I'll be happy to be sure we get lots of good pics of you messing with your fave characters to mess with.
Oh yes!

:D

Ginryuu

Glad to have ya Kuroikouma!  I remember you from AX.  I'll put you down on the cos-com forum list right now.  ^_^

kuroikouma

Kimu- Sweet >3 I look forward to it!

Ginryuu- I remember you, too! >w< I'll actually make it on time to this gathering- AX was rather crazy for me :'D

D001

Well we are all set for this gathering and I double-checked we are solid on the official gathering list! I can't wait to see everyone and I'm sure we'll have a blast! Don't forget that Saiyuki!Poker will be pre-gathering (times on first post) and the Saiyuki!Dinner will be right after the gathering for continued Saiyuki shenanigans! <3  I don't know if I'll have a chance to hop on tomorrow eve (I leave on Wednesday to head out there SO EXCITING OMG) so have a great rest of the week and see you at the gathering! XD
D

Next Costumes: Goujun (Saiyuki), Sanzo (Saiyuki), King of Tai (Twelve Kingdoms), Mihai (DOGS), Sailor Pluto (Sailor Moon)?, Rapunzel (Tangled)?

Ginryuu

And if any of you have any questions after D's on her way I'll probably be hoping on here up to Thursday morning.  So feel free to ask up until then and I'll be glad to answer!

kuroikouma

I'll try and make it to Saiyuki poker- but this Kami-sama's no good at card games, so that'll be fun d:

Pharaoh Maliku

I think I can manage to pull off Fem!Gojyo. I need to buy a wig at con or dye my hair before hand but that shouldn't be a problem-o.

=u=; You guys need a Gojyo , and I'd say the busty version is better than none. ;) And since it's Gojyo I'm making it slightly skankier than his male cosplay. *short shorts & stripper boots* lmao. gotta be a sex god no matter what gender I am. :P

I was also planning on wearing the cosplay to the dance and maybe having a couple drinks after if any of you fine gentlemen would like to join me.

Who wants to do shots after dinner!!? lmao!

Mod edit: It's called a dance:)

♥ Fear is temporary. Regret is forever. ♥

YGO Cosplay Group:: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_141830519221884

Ginryuu

kuroikouma:  Well we say poker...but it normally ends up being Blackjack.  XD  It's an easy game to learn and simple to play.

Pharaoh Maliku: That's an interesting twist.  Believe D's already on her way so the list won't be updated...but I'll keep an eye out for ya.

kuroikouma

I had a blast at this gathering! :D

D001

I'm so glad you had fun! I did as well ^_^ And I was excited by our turnout :)

I've reupped the 1st post to reflect 2012 XD (Hi, I'm a patient patient person, aren't I XD) And Ginryuu and I will be back to host this one again next year ^_^  I hope to see all of you (including those of you who couldn't make it) again! <3
D

Next Costumes: Goujun (Saiyuki), Sanzo (Saiyuki), King of Tai (Twelve Kingdoms), Mihai (DOGS), Sailor Pluto (Sailor Moon)?, Rapunzel (Tangled)?

Charis

How about I actually show up next year?  Well, for more than the first ten seconds. ^_^;;;;;;;;

(Sorry to have flown off like that and missed everyone -- a friend needed a hand with panel things.)
2012 Plans:
  • Gypsy Queen / Kaya Syokka (Trinity Blood)
  • Risai (Juuni Kokki/Twelve Kingdoms)
  • Shusui (Saiunkoku Monogatari)
  • others TBD

kimu

As for all the fun and shenanigans--and there were MANY!! ;D --I have a few pictures left to post, but those from Friday are up.

http://s942.photobucket.com/albums/ad266/kimu_cosplay/Fanime%2011%20Saiyuki/

Just a word of warning, I don't have the gathering itself on my camera--I have the stuff before and after it....

Akila_Ishtar

Does anyone have any photos from the gathering? :c

Ginryuu

Searched the "One Stop Shot Shop" thread for you.  The photos from our gathering can be found here:
http://zanthra.com/Fanime/2011/Friday/index_58.html

Willow17

man last year was awesome! and i so can't wait for this year! i'm bring Lirin as always, but i may try and get my goku done. My girlfriend will be coming as Sanzo this year. so i might get Goku done but its up in the air right now,  so for sure Lirin and Sanzo joining!

omg i love all the pics we got! they're so awesome!
Cosplay list 2012: Lirin (Saiyuki), Goku (Saiyuki)?, Link (Spirit Tracks), Harry Potter, Soi Fong (Bleach), Ray (Beyblade)

D001

I've got the list updated! It'll be great to see you again Willow17! :D

I wish you luck in getting Goku completed XD I know how that goes myself.  My goal is to finally get Goujun done (he's been waiting on me for 3 years now ^^;;; ) but if I'm unable to, I'll prob bring ST!Goku back as I had a lot of fun in him this year <3  So fingers crossed for us both :D and everyone else trying for new costumes this year *crosses all fingers for that* *g*

Hope everyone is doing well!
D

Tenkage

Tenkage again! I'll bring Yaone, if I can make the con. And if you all like, I can also bring waitress Yaone- just got some minor tweeking to do!

D001

OMG! Fabulous! I hope you can make it, Tenkage! It'd be great to see you again <3 I'm putting you down for Yaone, then (and always up for some fun waitress shenanegans! *g*)
D