Saiyuki Gathering 2012

Started by D001, August 28, 2009, 06:23:05 PM

Ginryuu

Hey guys!  Been rather quiet since I've been rather busy keeping the Ikkou on track (or less off-track).  I managed to find time to get the new Cos.com thread started!  You can find it here:
http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?p=4257101#post4257101
Feel free to pop in and say hi, let me know who you are if you're username's different.

Also I decided to go with Youkai!Hakkai this year, so that's what you will see me as.  I discovered 2 years ago it's rather impossible for me to deal with those claws for Poker...but I am still more than willing to teach.

^___^

Ginryuu

So gathering submissions have opened up!  That means that we need to nail down a day/time pretty soon.  So far, Friday afternoon has worked pretty well for us in the past so I'm thinking we can stick with that.  Sometime around 4 or 5 depending on how timing with other gatherings works out...thoughts?

Tenkage

Speaking as an Apothecary, I'm actually more partial to 3 or 2, but that's just me. As it is, I still need to get Yaone back into wearable shape, but she's on the back-burner until my major cosplays are done. TB and JK come first.

Ginryuu

I might be able to swing 3 but 2 would probably be pushing it.  I'm hosing another gathering in the morning and will need time afterward to put the vines on.

Locke Octavian

I'm gonna try, depending on if I have the time or not before Fanime, to get my Sanzo done.

D001

Post has been updated! :)

Update for me: I don't not believe I will be able to make it this year T_T Too many RL things have popped up and then there's the issue of having to save up for a new car WHEE~! (yay for new car, boo for finances)  Anyway, I will continue to maintain this thread and I will certainly try to make it if possible, but at this point, it's not looking good T_T (which is such a bummer because I will miss you all terribly!)

Otherwise, the gathering is looking exciting! XD
D

Next Costumes: Goujun (Saiyuki), Sanzo (Saiyuki), King of Tai (Twelve Kingdoms), Mihai (DOGS), Sailor Pluto (Sailor Moon)?, Rapunzel (Tangled)?

Ginryuu

Aww sorry to hear.  Thanks bunches for keeping up the thread either way!

Akila_Ishtar

I'd love to go as Gojyo again. I want to make his weapon but I don't have much experience in prop making (aside from earrings and jewelry). Do you guys have any advice for me? Or should I get it commissioned?

Also If there is a lone Hakkai or a Sanzo who needs some lovin' send yourself my way. ;)

Ginryuu

Awesome!  I'll mark you down on the coscom thread.

D001

D

Next Costumes: Goujun (Saiyuki), Sanzo (Saiyuki), King of Tai (Twelve Kingdoms), Mihai (DOGS), Sailor Pluto (Sailor Moon)?, Rapunzel (Tangled)?

Yuutousei

Can other Minekura characters come by to say "hi"?
SELLING!
Check out my current Cosplays, Panels & Plans!

Ginryuu

Of course!  I can't list you as an attendee but anybody's welcome to come and we might be able to squeeze you into a photo too.  ;)

Ginryuu

So life's managed to get even crazier around here but I've found time to get things in order.  So here's what I've sent off as our submission request:
Friday at 4 meeting at FMS (the tree area next to the Marriot enterance, where we were last year)

Now I'd like to ask if there was anything specific that people would like photos of!  Want to make sure everybody has a chance to be featured and get photos taken that they would like!  I'll be happy to add stuff up to con itself so send it our way when you think of something!

D001

Totally hear you on the RL crazy OMG.  *steals us all away* XD

I updated the first post for Friday 4p at the FMS location (where we were last year).  I believe I've got everyone who's signed up to come, but if I've missed anyone, please please let me know!
D

Tenkage

Sorry to say, guys, but at this point I may need to drop out as Yaone. I still haven't fnished my main cosplays, and I have a lot of stuff I wanna do at the con- including a possible Slayers shoot, which is looking like it might be at the same time as this gathering.  :'( I'm reeeeeeeeally sorry, guys!

Charis

So it's like last year for me, only more planned this time; a scheduling conflict's arisen that precludes my making the gathering (and for-sure any after-gathering activities).  I probably won't wind up bringing HMG because of this -- but I'll still try to swing by the shoot if I can, just to see the turnout.  Sorry about this. :\
2012 Plans:
  • Gypsy Queen / Kaya Syokka (Trinity Blood)
  • Risai (Juuni Kokki/Twelve Kingdoms)
  • Shusui (Saiunkoku Monogatari)
  • others TBD

Ginryuu

Aww sorry to hear Tenkage and Charis.  These things happen though.

Ginryuu

Hey guys!  Sending confirmation on our gathering out and for that I needed a photo order.  Here's what I cooked up so far!

Group Shot 1
Character Shots (2 poses each)
Sanzo group
Hakkai and Gojyo
Sanzo and Lirin
Youkai group
Requests
Group Shot 2

If there's something in particular you want to do you can either request it on the forums and I'll be sure to add it to the list...or you can request it at the gathering.  Remember to check the coscom forums thread for an updated list of who's going to be there when making requests!

Ginryuu

Another Update!  We have a Varaharu!Hazel, Gat, and Goku who will be at the gathering too.  The full list will be up to date on the coscom forums page.