deonchan

Any more word on this lil gem?
Calvin...

Rovers
Suits
Musicfest
Ops Div

azor12

So like Deonchan said, Is there any word on kicking this panel off? I know weve got takers to help run it, but do we have official word that this will be a panel?

Tony

I'm REALLY not trying to dump on this at all, but I'm kinda confused... wouldn't this be appropriate as an event for our Tabletop Gaming department? Or is this something different? It sounds like it would be more of an intro/informational thing, which says Panels to me, but if there's actual gaming going on, it'd be simpler over at the Tabletop Gaming area.
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

deonchan

Quote from: Tony on January 05, 2010, 03:16:51 PM
I'm REALLY not trying to dump on this at all, but I'm kinda confused... wouldn't this be appropriate as an event for our Tabletop Gaming department? Or is this something different? It sounds like it would be more of an intro/informational thing, which says Panels to me, but if there's actual gaming going on, it'd be simpler over at the Tabletop Gaming area.

Tony, It's kind of a combo of both. From what I know RPGA would like to have D and D tables @ Fanime this year as there are quite a few acceded judges in the area. The panel portion from what I know is two fold. One it's to give people an intro and to discuss D&D and also to do some how D&D fits into or is like Anime discussion.

IIRC RPGA (jags is the current Rep) wants to have the panel to get people interested and get discussion flowing along to promote the games in the gaming room or even run a demo game in the panel

Don't quote me on this as I am totally not sure about his idea (He's on vacation in China ATM)  and though I'd love to help with this endeavor, I got my hands full already.
Calvin...

Rovers
Suits
Musicfest
Ops Div

TC X0 Lt 0X

Well like I said I am up to participate in this panel. I am just waiting for someone to take the lead.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

azor12

Ditto what TC said, The word needs to be spread to Fanime goers

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: azor12 on January 05, 2010, 08:32:06 PM
Ditto what TC said, The word needs to be spread to Fanime goers

You mean the word that I am there Overlord and that hey should all bow down before me less I summon a horde of Pit Fiends to destroy them?
Oh right, the other word...

Well what we need to get up is a chatroom to start talking about the panel in more detail.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

azor12

Def agreed TC, Deonchan, is is possible to get jags in a chatroom or email in the near future to discuss/assist for this panel?

deonchan

Quote from: azor12 on January 06, 2010, 12:33:07 AM
Def agreed TC, Deonchan, is is possible to get jags in a chatroom or email in the near future to discuss/assist for this panel?

When he gets back from Guangzhou... yes
Calvin...

Rovers
Suits
Musicfest
Ops Div

azor12

Ok. Till then fellow gamers, Game On!

Kava

Sorry for the long silence, all. ^__^;

I think having informational panels about TTRPG's would be really great. I'm a table-top gamer myself, although there's a lot of systems I haven't yet tried out.

As mentioned, actual gaming would be better to set up with the table-top gaming department... since panel rooms don't have the proper set-up for it.

Havok's idea for it sounds really good, but the other idea is plausible as well.

I'll try to go back and find the e-mails that have gone with no response over the next week or so, but if you haven't heard from me more directly by the 25th, feel free to e-mail me again and poke at me. ^___^

-Rena (Panels Head...)
Rena
Panels Coordinator 2007-2014
Programming Director, 2015

Panels Twitter: http://twitter.com/FanimePanels

azor12

Woot! the hive mind grows. Thanks for the heads up Kava

azor12

havok rt

Well I just submitted a panel request so yeah...
Fanime Staff:2010 Social Gaming, 2012 Tabletop Gaming

Cosplay for 2012: Walking around with "The Most Interesting Man In the World" (aka the dos equis guy)

TC X0 Lt 0X

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

havok rt

Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on March 16, 2010, 06:56:34 PM
Quote from: havok rt on March 11, 2010, 11:24:19 PM
Well I just submitted a panel request so yeah...

Berry Good.
Well azor12 also submitted a panel so...I'm not doing one but I'll be helping him out (and anyone else who wants to should do the same.)
Fanime Staff:2010 Social Gaming, 2012 Tabletop Gaming

Cosplay for 2012: Walking around with "The Most Interesting Man In the World" (aka the dos equis guy)

azor12

Yes Please. Hopefully mine is accepted, and If anyone is interested in helping or attending please do. The more the merrier!

CaptainYossarian

Quote from: azor12 on March 17, 2010, 10:01:24 AM
Yes Please. Hopefully mine is accepted, and If anyone is interested in helping or attending please do. The more the merrier!

I'll probably be there. I'm an Intermediate Role Player with some good sessions under my belt, but I've got 0 exposure to most of the big systems, so it'll probbly be good for me.
"Did I know Szat would betray us?" Urza asked quizzically. "I was counting on it"

TC X0 Lt 0X

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I am willing to help out... Providing my time schedule allows it. I should have plenty though...

EDIT:
Also here is a link to the Forum Tabletop RPG Session 2010 thread, so we can possibly discuss another get together at-con to play a session or two.
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,13785.new.html#new

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

azor12

Ok, TC, once we know whose got the panel, contact info will be exchanged. Hopefully ill be the one to run it.