Should we have a Gokon?

Yes
0 (0%)
No
2 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Dumpling

So I was thinking... For Fanime 2010..
Since it is an ANIME fair after all... And many animes and mangas talk about "Gokon" or "Goukkon" (however they spell it).. Why not have our own at Fanime?
The venue could be at the Maid cafe, it helps the cafe have more customers, and for those who don't know what a gokon is, its a date party (blind dates in groups).

Yay?
Nay?
;D

P.S.
Idk if anyone has had this idea before.. so... >> yeah.

Jun-Watarase

Thank you for contributing an idea to the maid cafe. However, I don't feel that it's possible. Goukon are not traditional aspects of what a maid cafe is about, and it would be difficult to manage even if we did have this feature. Though, if I recall correctly, FanimeCon has relative events like Speed Dating and How to Talk to Girls/Guys panels. Goukon can be organized amongst yourselves and other fellow attendees, but the maid cafe won't be responsible for organizing them. Sorry!

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

PyronIkari

Quote from: Dumpling on September 05, 2009, 10:11:30 PM
Since it is an ANIME fair after all... And many animes and mangas talk about "Gokon" or "Goukkon" (however they spell it).. Why not have our own at Fanime?
The venue could be at the Maid cafe, it helps the cafe have more customers, and for those who don't know what a gokon is, its a date party (blind dates in groups).

Yay?
Nay?
;D

P.S.

I don't see how this would bring more customers to the maid cafe. It would cause people to stay there, not buy food, and loiter while chatting it up with other attendees while completely ignoring the point of a maid cafe.

Also one of the big things about these parties... is alcohol... and drunk "party games".

I wonder why so many people want "relationship" events at anime cons. Is it really that hard to approach and talk to people?

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: PyronIkari on September 05, 2009, 11:02:45 PM
Quote from: Dumpling on September 05, 2009, 10:11:30 PM

Yay?
Nay?
;D

P.S.

I don't see how this would bring more customers to the maid cafe. It would cause people to stay there, not buy food, and loiter while chatting it up with other attendees while completely ignoring the point of a maid cafe.

Also one of the big things about these parties... is alcohol... and drunk "party games".

I wonder why so many people want "relationship" events at anime cons. Is it really that hard to approach and talk to people?
Well it is hard to approach the various ***holes that prowl the con floor. 1 out of every 3 groups I encounter don't act friendly at all. I've even been yelled at for attempting to talk to someone. Very annoying. A good portion of the attendies get creeped out if you just randomly talk to them as well. They seem to assume that anyone that trys to ntalk to them they don't know will have bad attentions or is trying to hit on them or something.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

PyronIkari

Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on September 06, 2009, 12:41:19 AM
Well it is hard to approach the various ***holes that prowl the con floor. 1 out of every 3 groups I encounter don't act friendly at all. I've even been yelled at for attempting to talk to someone. Very annoying. A good portion of the attendies get creeped out if you just randomly talk to them as well. They seem to assume that anyone that trys to ntalk to them they don't know will have bad attentions or is trying to hit on them or something.

Hi, welcome to real life.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: PyronIkari on September 06, 2009, 11:19:30 AM
Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on September 06, 2009, 12:41:19 AM

Hi, welcome to real life.

Yes, I am well aware that this is real life thank you.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.