Which kind of guest do you want to see most at FanimeCon?

Started by GokuMew2, September 10, 2009, 12:16:00 AM

Which kind of guest do you want to see most at FanimeCon?

Game industry reps (developers, etc / PLEASE SPECIFY)
9 (4.9%)
English voice actors
38 (20.5%)
Japanese industry reps (directors, animators, producers, etc / PLEASE SPECIFY)
24 (13%)
Japanese voice actors
51 (27.6%)
Manga artists
42 (22.7%)
Other (PLEASE SPECIFY)
21 (11.4%)

Total Members Voted: 178

Yukari Kaiba

I'd love to see more Japanese voice actors, Suwabe Junichi, Daisuke Namikawa, and Nobutoshi Kanna in particular.
Though if I had a second vote it would be for mangaka - Tite Kubo and Yu Watase are who I'd love to get a chance to meet in person.
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Gundam Tanaka (Super Dangan Ronpa 2)
-Tetra (Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

lyricaldanichan

Wow manga artist request is getting a lot of love.! :)

Since the theme for this years con is geared to J/RPG, is there any guests that people would like to see
related to that theme?

Mantaray3000

Quote from: lyricaldanichan on February 16, 2010, 09:01:31 PM
Wow manga artist request is getting a lot of love.! :)

Since the theme for this years con is geared to J/RPG, is there any guests that people would like to see
related to that theme?

Any voice actor from a major Final Fantasy game would be great (especially Takahiro Sakurai, Maaya Sakamoto and Hideo Ishikawa). Some english VAs like Tara Strong could work as well (when it comes to english VAs however, I perfer ones who have not been to so many anime conventions.) It would be awesome if Fanime could get Nobuo Uematsu or Yoshitaka Amano like what Anime Boston NY Animefest did. I still wonder how they did that.
Motomu Toriyama might be a good choice but I might just meet him @ GDC.
Yasunori Mitsuda would be nice as well.

ladyvoid

I would love to have Viz come over and have a portfilio review over at Fanime. After all, they are looking for comic book artists.  ;)

Sailor Star Dust

Carl Horn works for Viz and Dark Horse. If memory serves me right, he's pretty much at Fanime every single year.

Eri Kagami

How about The Nostalgia Critic? Considering that video programming showcases a Nostalgia Critic segment and he has a huge West Coast following, this is would an awesome draw for Fanime.

I talked to Doug Walker last weekend at Anime Central. I asked him if he would be interested in attending a West Coast con. He expressed interest so as long as his travel costs are covered. I would love to see Doug at Fanime 2011!

chifunii

FanimeCon attendee: 2008-

Jenius

For me the draw is always creators, from Japan. Chiefly directors and designers, animators, and of course manga artists. I'd be really interested in directors and artists whose works have transitioned from manga to anime. These folks are the core of the reason why we're here, yeah? I get that schedules (personal as well as production) can make industry guests hard to schedule, but there have been and will be ways to make it happen. :-)

Ridiculissa

First off, I want to say that FanimeCon 2010 was FANTASTIC! ;D It was my first convention, and I enjoyed every minute. My main reason for attending Fanimecon this year was to see one of my favorite Jrock acts, LM.C. I was so thrilled when you guys announced that they would be the main musical guest. They definitely did not disappoint, and the Question/Answer and autograph sessions were absolutely glorious!

My friends and I who attended hope you can keep the standards set by LM.C for next year!

As far as musical guests for next year, a Jrock band that I would LOVE to see perform at Fanimecon is Acid Black Cherry. Though the band has only been around for a few years, all the members have been in prior groups and are all skillful and talented musicians. Not only that, but the lead singer is also a big fan of manga and anime, and would probably love to perform at such an event. Fanimecon would be a perfect venue for them to debut their act in the US!

Kamen Rider Tag

Hmm...next year?  How about Mega Ran, aka Random?

SukebeStudios

The king of awesome...VIC MIGNOGNA!! WHY HAVE WE NOT GOTTEN HIM YET???

Dracil

Gonna have to agree with the people who have little interest in English VAs simply because I almost never use dubs ever, except when I'm forced to (video games mostly).  An exception would be stuff like the cast of Ponyo simply because they're big names (e.g. Tina Fey, Matt Damon) but they'd also be pretty much impossible to get and would probably be out of place at an anime convention as well.

.::midnight.maiden::.

I'd like more manga artists and Japanese voice actors :D
Fanime Attendee - 2007, 2009-
Fanime Staff - 2008(Panels)
AOD - 2011-

TheAngelicDemon

Would it be possible to get the anime comedian Uncle Yo to come to Fanime 2011? :)
|~*!Daisuki-nya!*~|

Somebody

Quote from: SukebeStudios on June 04, 2010, 06:34:32 PM
The king of awesome...VIC MIGNOGNA!! WHY HAVE WE NOT GOTTEN HIM YET???

In reply to yours and the other person's post about Vic~ Vic is indeed a wonderful guy who's been out there and done tons of amazing stuff. I've met him a few times, but it kinda makes sense why he wouldn't be coming er invited to Fanime. I mean, he already has made trips a few years in a row down here to Sacanime in the winter, and he's usually overseas this time of year at conventions not in America. I mean hey I love Vic, I'm always happy to see him, but I'd probably die to get to meet a few of the Japanese voice actors out there.  :) But that's just my point of view. (-.-')
Cosplay 2013
Friday night: RWBY (incomplete)
Saturday morning: Arrietty
Sunday afternoon: Ruby w/ Adam (RWBY, no scythe)
Monday: Arrietty

azreale

Quote from: DayDreamerNessa on February 06, 2010, 05:29:52 AM
i'm personally interested in seeing guests that haven't been plastered all of norcal/california cons :(

my vote went for manga artist, BUT i'd also love love love to see character designers.

if i were to toss names of who i'd like to see here goes-

-Ugetsu HAKUA
-Yoshiyuki Sadamoto
-Akira Toriyama
-macross frontier- character designers- Risa Ebata and Yûichi TAKAHASHI
- ai yazawa

series in general i'd love to see anyone from-

-record of lodoss war
-cutie honey/cutey honey(and it's variations)
-guilty gear

AI YAZAWA ALL THE WAY!!!!!
Fanime '14:::

Sango (Inuyasha)
Vivaldi (HnKnA)
Tsubaki (Future Diary)
003 (Cyborg 009)
Chaika (Hitsugi no chaika)
Goth Annie (League of Legends)
Ashura (Tsubasa)
Catwoman (maybe)

Phantom Roxas

English VAs: Steven Blum, Vic Mignogna, Johnny Yong Bosch.

Japanese VAs: Daisuke Namikawa

Mangaka: Hiro Mashima

animeangelfish

Cosplay 2013: Fem!Reno, River Song (Melody Malone), Hipster!Ariel
Attendee since 2005

PyronIkari

Quote from: Duo on June 17, 2010, 09:16:29 PM
Johnny Yong Bosch would be amazing..seriously...

You guys do realize that the point of this thread is for "KINDS" of guests, not "WHICH GUEST DO YOU WANT" right? That thread is the other thread, this thread is for general types of guests.

"American Voice Actors"

"JP artists"

"Local celebrities and youtube type guests"

etc.

understand?

Silent One

I would like to see more more seiyu's from Gundam and Macross.