Which kind of guest do you want to see most at FanimeCon?

Started by GokuMew2, September 10, 2009, 12:16:00 AM

Which kind of guest do you want to see most at FanimeCon?

Game industry reps (developers, etc / PLEASE SPECIFY)
9 (4.9%)
English voice actors
38 (20.5%)
Japanese industry reps (directors, animators, producers, etc / PLEASE SPECIFY)
24 (13%)
Japanese voice actors
51 (27.6%)
Manga artists
42 (22.7%)
Other (PLEASE SPECIFY)
21 (11.4%)

Total Members Voted: 178

animeangelfish

Quote from: PyronIkari on June 17, 2010, 10:48:44 PM
Quote from: Duo on June 17, 2010, 09:16:29 PM
Johnny Yong Bosch would be amazing..seriously...

You guys do realize that the point of this thread is for "KINDS" of guests, not "WHICH GUEST DO YOU WANT" right? That thread is the other thread, this thread is for general types of guests.

"American Voice Actors"

"JP artists"

"Local celebrities and youtube type guests"

etc.

understand?

:) You're not very nice. thank you for singling out my post in particular.

I would like to see more American or Canadian voice actors.

Cosplay 2013: Fem!Reno, River Song (Melody Malone), Hipster!Ariel
Attendee since 2005

unicorn

I would personally prefer the english voice actors ^___^

CaptainYossarian

I know this is really odd, but I'd like see some of the people responsible for creating the stuff watch and enjoy. We had Hiroyuki Yamaga last year, and that was awesome, but I'd love to see some more along the same lines.
"Did I know Szat would betray us?" Urza asked quizzically. "I was counting on it"

Tsuchimi Rin-chan

Today Nabeshin (Shinichi Watanabe) the Director of Excel Saga and other anime is wondering on his Facebook why USA conventions have not invited him for this year.

Is there a way for Fanime Guest Relations Staffing to invite him over to Fanime Con 2011?  I already met him at last years Anime Expo 2010 and he is a very nice and funny guy when I got to know him at their meet the guest reception.

Just a suggestion if Fanime Con 2011 can pull off this miracle as I want other fans to enjoy his company.

Jason Nagal Estioko
Fanime Con Attendee from 1998 to current 2011. (12 years and counting!) Fanime Con 2006 E-Gaming Department Staffer
Animation on Display (San Francisco's Animation Convention) Video Game Staffer since 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011.

Eri Kagami

Seconding Shinichi Watanabe. He's a cool guy that I had the honor of hanging out with at Anime Central for the reason that I was cosplaying as Fujiko Mine. Friendly guy with plenty of stories; a perfect fit for Fanime.

cutiebunny

Quote from: Tsuchimi Rin-chan on January 26, 2011, 09:46:25 AM
Today Nabeshin (Shinichi Watanabe) the Director of Excel Saga and other anime is wondering on his Facebook why USA conventions have not invited him for this year.

Is there a way for Fanime Guest Relations Staffing to invite him over to Fanime Con 2011?  I already met him at last years Anime Expo 2010 and he is a very nice and funny guy when I got to know him at their meet the guest reception.

Just a suggestion if Fanime Con 2011 can pull off this miracle as I want other fans to enjoy his company.

This topic asks 'which kind of guest' you want to see at Fanime, not 'whom' you want at Fanime.  You already posted this comment in the more appropriate topic regarding whom you want to see.

Although Nabeshin was nice at AX, I would prefer meeting other Japanese mangaka or anime artists instead.

spiffyotaku

I'd love to see some of the online reviewers like people from ThatGuyWiththeGlasses.com. The Nostolga Critic, Jessu Otaku, Spoony, Marz Gurl, Angry Joe, Bennet the Sage, and so on. I can't say many of them can make it since they mostly live on the east coast to the mid west, but it doesn't hurt to contact Channel Awesome, or their own sites about having them there.

squarebubblex

The fan side of me wants to meet voice actors, the college student in me wants to meet the businessy people just to ask them for advice on my future XD

DracoMancer

It'd be great to meet DC Douglas whom does the voice for Albert Wesker in RE 5 and Umbrella Chronicles, especially since Marvel vs Capcom 3 is out and Wesker is in it. Its not often anyone gets to meet the voice actors for the bad guys since the voice actors for the good guys are always invited.
"A burrito? That is so pathetic. I WANT A TACO!" -Grimmjow voice actor.

Hoshichips

i already posted this in the other thread, but i thought i should post here as well  ;D
the person i would most like to meet would be Lynn Okamoto! (creator of elfen lied)
To see him at fanime would be amazing, and I definitely think fanime could make this happen!   :D
..... i hope   :P

Artemis.exe

I'd love to see Japanese VA's. It would be great getting the chance to meet them and potentially taking a picture with them and getting my favorite character song albums signed by them. *Coughcough*TheK-On!Cast*CoughCough*  ;D

PunkDrunker

Personally, I would love to see guests that represent an underappreciated and more unknown side of the anime/game/music industry: the foreigners who work in Japan as translators, composers, lyricists, English vocalists et c. (People like Tim Jensen, Lynne Hobday and Steve Conte...)

PyronIkari

Quote from: PunkDrunker on June 03, 2011, 12:53:12 AM
Personally, I would love to see guests that represent an underappreciated and more unknown side of the anime/game/music industry: the foreigners who work in Japan as translators, composers, lyricists, English vocalists et c. (People like Tim Jensen, Lynne Hobday and Steve Conte...)

We did a panel about this some odd 5 years ago. It didn't go so well. We had, a translator, an editor, localization QA, and a VA director. Only about 7 people showed up and no one asked any questions.

The Sea-Faring Otaku

I would definitely like to see more industry panels. Professional VA's, producers, writers, even people from outside the Anime Industry like video game companies. Even, people like Roooster Teeth Productions who have a large following with a diverse group of geeks. I enjoy the for fans by fans style of the convention but I think Fanime has gotten so big that it needs to grow up and start contending with the big boys now.
On and Off Attendee since 2005!

R.I.P. Fanime 2020 😭

See y'all in 2021!

catherine

Quote from: unicorn on December 12, 2010, 03:49:22 PM
I would personally prefer the english voice actors ^___^

I so agree with you. I don't mind if Fanime pick big names like Vic Migongna or small names like Justin Cook. Just some one.

mouse alchemist

Honestly I would like to see a different line up of guest because its seems Fanime is stuck on the same group of guest of honor for the last couple of years. Maybe having some of the people more on the Youtube side  (i.e. Team four star or Tobuscus or something along those lines) but it would be something different. I would also like to see other types of japanese VAs because as I have seen from other post a lot of the VAs in the States do come to sac anime a lot, some too many times to think of. I would also like to meet creators of some mangas. Fanime needs something fresh because otherwise its just going to turn into a boring convention.

blacklolita

I would like to see  Hayao Miyazaki because he has really made some great anime movies that everyone even those not into anime can enjoy and relate to.
I would also enjoy seeing Boa Kwon cause she has the most beautiful voice i've ever heard of. Especially when she sang songs for inuyasha and tales of graces.
The other guests i would like to see is more kpop and jpop guests like MBLAQ, Shinee, Super Juniors, Teen Top, Utada Hikaru, June, SS501, Girls Generation, Taeyang, and Yuya Matshushita(again).

WildRoar

I would love to see a rep from Tiger & Bunny, perhaps Hiroaki Hirata? 8D

Roguemagus

I'd love to see a fighting game rep like Ishiwatari back in '10. Maybe Mike Z (Skullgirls lead dev)?

HotelGhost