Which kind of guest do you want to see most at FanimeCon?

Started by GokuMew2, September 10, 2009, 12:16:00 AM

Which kind of guest do you want to see most at FanimeCon?

Game industry reps (developers, etc / PLEASE SPECIFY)
9 (4.9%)
English voice actors
38 (20.5%)
Japanese industry reps (directors, animators, producers, etc / PLEASE SPECIFY)
24 (13%)
Japanese voice actors
51 (27.6%)
Manga artists
42 (22.7%)
Other (PLEASE SPECIFY)
21 (11.4%)

Total Members Voted: 178

Dany

I'd love to see Tohru Furuya return again. We're big Kimagure Orange Road fans, but we missed out on seeing him because I came down with a bad case of major headache and had to go home early :(
2012 Costumes (or so we hope!)
Ayukawa, Miime, Oscar, Yuria, D'Eon

GokuMew2

Quote from: mouse alchemist on September 25, 2011, 09:37:18 PM
I would also like to see other types of japanese VAs because as I have seen from other post a lot of the VAs in the States do come to sac anime a lot, some too many times to think of. I would also like to meet creators of some mangas. Fanime needs something fresh because otherwise its just going to turn into a boring convention.

Just wanted to chime in to say that seiyuu are among the most difficult guests to get. It doesn't really help that FanimeCon is at the end of May when recording for spring series are in full swing and most seiyuu are busy.
< Mew >
FanimeCon Guest Relations (2009 - Present)
Person who gets Japanese guests

Crackerjaxx

Having the KHR(KAtekyo Hitman Reborn) voice actors!(preferably Takashi Kondo) but any voice actors from the series would be beyond amazing!

Krazyanime55

Hi! Is it okay if we have some Kpop artists that are Jpop artists now too come? Ex: 2PM- they sang the ending song for Aoi no Exorcist (Take off)
I'd also love to see Horikita Maki, Nana Mizuki, Yui Makino, Se7en (he also debuted as Jpop artist so?????), Hayao Miyazaki, Itou, Kanae, Nakamura Yuuichi, Himeka, Utada, Perfume, SPHERE, teppei koike <3 ya.... PLEASE! I would really love Fanimecon forever if 2PM came <3!!! Thank you!

OtakuMcGreevy

Since Fanime seems to have had a very small amount of English VAs as guests, I think it would be great to invite a couple for Fanime2012!

hanalovebaby

I suggest Joe Hisaishi..even though he is a composer/musician, I'm not sure he would count as a "music guest"..? I say that because if he was a Guest of Honor, I would just love to hear him speak about his life and career as well as working with Hayao Miyazaki.
He has worked with him in his films a lot, and is just an amazing musician. ;u;

twilghtsora123

Quote from: OtakuMcGreevy on February 18, 2012, 01:17:54 PM
Since Fanime seems to have had a very small amount of English VAs as guests, I think it would be great to invite a couple for Fanime2012!

^I second that! :)

Even though most people want Japanese voice actors and musicians, it would be nice to have English VAs as guests!

Kpmonkeygirl

SHINee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
""To move is to stir, and to be valiant is to stand; therefore,
if tou art mov'd, thou runst away."

Tao

AR-99

I was really stoked that Kia Asamiya came this year. I would love to see artists and seiyus whose works are "older" (i.e. 10+ years) come out if possible.
FanimeCon '97, 2K, 2005, '09-
Evangelion Virtual Museum

eralston

Quote from: Shear_Trigger on June 01, 2012, 12:57:31 PM
I was really stoked that Kia Asamiya came this year. I would love to see artists and seiyus whose works are "older" (i.e. 10+ years) come out if possible.

GR is already taking suggestions...
Evan Ralston

Assistant Director of Guest Relations

theavail

SuperSheba

I'd love to see some English voice actors.  Especially Jay Michael Tatum or Todd Haberkorn.  I'm sure some people think they're over-conned, but they seem like amazing people and are really passionate about their jobs.  They're also fantastic with the fans.

chamomilextea

I feel like there should be more manga-ka at cons. Voice actors/seiyuu are always an obvious one, but I think manga-ka technically don't get enough representation and love (at least here). It'd also be really nice to see more designers, (art) directors and especially writers. Maybe even lite novel writers might be nice!

GokuMew2

Quote from: chamomilextea on February 05, 2013, 02:24:11 PM
I feel like there should be more manga-ka at cons. Voice actors/seiyuu are always an obvious one, but I think manga-ka technically don't get enough representation and love (at least here).

Just chiming in for a sec, but keep in mind that mangaka have deadlines and set monthly schedules.
< Mew >

GokuMew2

Quote from: wrathborne on February 05, 2013, 07:58:23 PM
We need some D.C Douglas at fanime.

Please post specific guest requests in the other thread. This thread is for TYPES of guests. Thanks.
< Mew >

msjeeq

I would like to see cosplayers, like Kaname who went to Anime Expo as a guest :)

jindo

If you can afford a smart phone, then you can support the industries by "purchasing" the legit goods.