Masquerade Rule Clarifications

Started by SukebeStudios, September 11, 2009, 01:57:35 AM

SukebeStudios

I went ahead and made this thread so people who're unsure about the rules can just go ahead and ask questions. Here's my 1st.

From my understanding, you can not have your ENTIRE outfit made for you by someone else. But you are allowed to collect pieces in order to make your outfit. Now here's my question. Ordering most of your costume made, but gathering pieces on your own from elsewhere. Like if the top, and pants were made, but the "eyewear" and "footwear" were collected on your own, as well as the "hairstyle." Would that be against the rules? Seems like a grey area to me.

Dagger-6

Seems to me that would still disqualify you.  The "Found Items" exception refers to items that come off the shelf from normal clothing stores.

If pieces of your costume were designed and crafted by someone else specifically for the purpose of your costume, even if it's just pieces of it, that would disqualify you from receiving an award.

SukebeStudios

Quote from: trooper715 on September 11, 2009, 02:45:11 AM
Seems to me that would still disqualify you.  The "Found Items" exception refers to items that come off the shelf from normal clothing stores.

If pieces of your costume were designed and crafted by someone else specifically for the purpose of your costume, even if it's just pieces of it, that would disqualify you from receiving an award.

I understand. But is there an exhibition category? I've never participated in this before.

band_geek

I have a question as well.

Is it possible for a band to play for a masquerade? Would we be able to hook up our guitars through the soundsystem, or would we have to bring our own amps?

SukebeStudios

From what little I remember...I think there's only a time limit. Beyond that...i think it'd be cool. Then again...I'm not the expert.

Rette

Quote from: band_geek on September 15, 2009, 04:07:56 PM

Is it possible for a band to play for a masquerade? Would we be able to hook up our guitars through the soundsystem, or would we have to bring our own amps?

In the past the rules have been that there can be no items on stage that require plugging in because there is no electricity available. And plugging your stuff into the sound system would be quite complex and time consuming so I doubt that'd be allowed. =/

~ Gaffer Tape is like the Force. There's a Dark Side and a Light Side and it Holds the Universe Together. ~

Member of Three Dollar Laugh Cosplay

angeljibrille

Quote from: band_geek on September 15, 2009, 04:07:56 PM

No; you are not allowed to do anything that requires being plugged in.

angeljibrille

This is a great thread all... but as I posted elsewhere in the forums, I'm not going to be able to answer these questions until at least November as I am going to be having a baby in a few weeks (or days... it could be any time).  So, if you aren't getting responses here, it's not that I don't care, but that I am incapable of answering because of "RL" stuff.

For basic info, please see this thread:
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,13002.0.html