Hey, new to San Jose... Looking for friends DD:

Started by Kites-kun, September 16, 2009, 01:00:18 AM

EdOfNoName

While you were out of the area, No-Name Anime moved to the Santa Clara library. You're welcome to join us  this Saturday afternoon (10/10, http://www.nnanime.com/flyers/2009/fly09_10.html) and following 2nd Saturdays of the month. Besides us, there are other anime clubs like Tsunami (San Jose State) and Foothill.

Kites-kun

Quote from: EdOfNoName on October 04, 2009, 11:50:19 AM
While you were out of the area, No-Name Anime moved to the Santa Clara library. You're welcome to join us  this Saturday afternoon (10/10, http://www.nnanime.com/flyers/2009/fly09_10.html) and following 2nd Saturdays of the month. Besides us, there are other anime clubs like Tsunami (San Jose State) and Foothill.
Sweet, I'll defiantely go! =D
When is Tsunami? o.o

EdOfNoName

Quote from: Kites-kun on October 04, 2009, 11:34:21 PM
When is Tsunami? o.o
In general, Thursdays at 7pm.  I don't know if they are active this month or not. Their online schedule  http://studiokyuu.com/tsunami/Schedule.html was for an old showing when I looked. If you don't find out before Saturday, I can probably find out then from someone who regularly attends both No-Name and Tsunami.

rubymoonIII

lucky i live in Salinas (thats like an hour away from SJ) and theres hardly anything to do here I r Dying of boredome and lack of anime
@Digitalberii <--Twitter

Kites-kun

Quote from: EdOfNoName on October 05, 2009, 07:57:32 PM
Quote from: Kites-kun on October 04, 2009, 11:34:21 PM
When is Tsunami? o.o
In general, Thursdays at 7pm.  I don't know if they are active this month or not. Their online schedule  http://studiokyuu.com/tsunami/Schedule.html was for an old showing when I looked. If you don't find out before Saturday, I can probably find out then from someone who regularly attends both No-Name and Tsunami.
Thanks =D
BTW, do people cosplay at No-Name? :3

EdOfNoName

Quote from: Kites-kun on October 06, 2009, 03:06:10 AM

Our December meeting is a little more festive than the meetings for the rest of the year.
Last year, ININ cosplayed.
See http://www.nnanime.com/events/NNanniversary15/index.html

Most of the people who attend No-Name never cosplay. Depending on exactly who shows up this month, there might be a few who cosplay sometimes if not at No-Name meetings.

rubymoonIII

Quote from: EdOfNoName on October 06, 2009, 07:24:09 PM
Quote from: Kites-kun on October 06, 2009, 03:06:10 AM

Our December meeting is a little more festive than the meetings for the rest of the year.
Last year, ININ cosplayed.
See http://www.nnanime.com/events/NNanniversary15/index.html

Most of the people who attend No-Name never cosplay. Depending on exactly who shows up this month, there might be a few who cosplay sometimes if not at No-Name meetings.
Hey i know Inin im friends with him if you see him Tell him Cenia (Seh-ni-ya) or Ruby says Hi ^^
@Digitalberii <--Twitter

God91125

Dood I live like a 10-15 min walk from you 0-0 anyways if ya need a Otaku pal drop a PM I has lots of video games =3 xD

HarpB

Kites-kun

Ok, so, two months here in San Jose and sTILL no luck in the finding friends dept.
The only reason I made friends in Sacramento is because we have "Sac Con" (A mini con held once every season, 4 times a year) and another event called "Animania" held at Sunrise/Downtown mall, because of me and another friend we got over 200 people every time to show up, even from as far as nevada. But, here, in San Jose, I have no connections and useless. The only people who wanna hang out are 24 (or older) guys, and, to be honest, Im kinda terrified of guys >.> (Because of stuff that happened in the past)
I... need... people MY age to hang out with Dx (17-20.. im 19! Guys or girls... doesnt matter as long as they arent like, 25-50 x.x)). And, I dont really know how to go about making friends here! I mean, I used to go to the mall with my friends and we'd attract more cosplayers that way, but I dont do that here... because going to the mall by yourself is kinda.. sad and made of fail. x.x

Blahhhh!!! Dx
Suggestions?
Hit me up? Xp
AIM: kiteskun
MSN: [email protected]
Myspace: www.myspace.com/kiteskun

Kertus

You didn't wanna go to AD in Bezerkly?
Wat about Yaoicon?
Go to school at all?
Mario '06. Sven '08. Jared '09. Gai '10. Cobra '11. Kenji '12. Spike '13.
irc.rizon.net #fanime Click here to connect to IRC

Kites-kun

Quote from: Kertus on November 09, 2009, 04:40:56 PM
You didn't wanna go to AD in Bezerkly?
Wat about Yaoicon?
Go to school at all?
Huh?
Whats AD? o.o
And I skipped Yaoi-con this year and wont be attending school until Janurary or later (I cant start college till the next semester)
And, I dotn see the point of making friends ALL the way in those areas o.o
Without the aiblity to drive, it'd be moot ^^
Im trying to find friends, like, in san jose >.o
preferably people who cosplay... ebcause I need someone to cosplay with XD

Runewitt

Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.

Kites-kun

Kertus

Quote from: Kites-kun on November 09, 2009, 05:05:05 PM
Huh?
Whats AD? o.o
And I skipped Yaoi-con this year and wont be attending school until Janurary or later (I cant start college till the next semester)

HAAHAHA
The only people I know irl that went to Anime Destiny and Yaoicon all live in San Jose hahahah
Mario '06. Sven '08. Jared '09. Gai '10. Cobra '11. Kenji '12. Spike '13.
irc.rizon.net #fanime Click here to connect to IRC

Kites-kun

Quote from: Kertus on November 09, 2009, 05:07:58 PM
Quote from: Kites-kun on November 09, 2009, 05:05:05 PM
Huh?
Whats AD? o.o

HAAHAHA
The only people I know irl that went to Anime Destiny and Yaoicon all live in San Jose hahahah
Lucky XD
I just moved so Im forgoing cons until sac Anime in jan ^^
To get living and money situated ^^

I shoulda gone to y con though, nearly all my friends went XD

Mizuki

You've already made a topic, and you're making another one with the same topic? If you're doing this at least lock to old one. I'm merging topics together.

Quote from: Kites-kun on November 09, 2009, 05:07:23 PM
Quote from: Runewitt on November 09, 2009, 05:05:08 PM
join #famine IRC channel?
Whats that? o.o
I dunno what an IRC channel is ^^

Read the Fanime IRC post.

Jerry

the EASIEST way to make new friends is to host a gathering- trust me if you have an event [and promise to bribe ppl with food] THEY will come. Period.

Speaking of which... I should host another gathering or figure out a way to get rid of FIVE+ POUNDS OF EPIC CHOCOLATE WEDDING CAKE-

Thats right.  I Repeat.  I HAVE 5+ POUNDS OF EPIC CHOCOLATE WEDDING CAKE- This is not a lie.

*Reason* I went to a wedding reception last night and got to the dining hall over an hour early and go recruited to help out with decorating from, setting center pieces, blowing up balloons and streamers, setting up the DJ station among other random "gofer" helping thingys.

My reward--> THEY GAVE ME 5+ POUNDS OF WEDDING CAKE- essentially all of the left overs because the bride and groom [and their families] would have thrown it out.

So Calling all randomly hungry fanboys & fangirls out there.... DOES ANYONE WANT EPIC CHOCOLATE WEDDING CAKE? :P

Seriously- other I will throw it away in a week or so.

So um, hold a gathering this week, and I will give out massive amounts of cake. :D

or pm me for my info/address and stop by East san Jose and PLEASE help me unload/eat this cake.
~THERE IS SO MUCH CAKE. IT IS NOT A LIE.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

ELDEMONIO

Quote from: Jerry on November 10, 2009, 08:31:39 AM
the EASIEST way to make new friends is to host a gathering- trust me if you have an event [and promise to bribe ppl with food] THEY will come. Period.

Speaking of which... I should host another gathering or figure out a way to get rid of FIVE+ POUNDS OF EPIC CHOCOLATE WEDDING CAKE-

Thats right.  I Repeat.  I HAVE 5+ POUNDS OF EPIC CHOCOLATE WEDDING CAKE- This is not a lie.

*Reason* I went to a wedding reception last night and got to the dining hall over an hour early and go recruited to help out with decorating from, setting center pieces, blowing up balloons and streamers, setting up the DJ station among other random "gofer" helping thingys.

My reward--> THEY GAVE ME 5+ POUNDS OF WEDDING CAKE- essentially all of the left overs because the bride and groom [and their families] would have thrown it out.

So Calling all randomly hungry fanboys & fangirls out there.... DOES ANYONE WANT EPIC CHOCOLATE WEDDING CAKE? :P

Seriously- other I will throw it away in a week or so.

So um, hold a gathering this week, and I will give out massive amounts of cake. :D

or pm me for my info/address and stop by East san Jose and PLEASE help me unload/eat this cake.
~THERE IS SO MUCH CAKE. IT IS NOT A LIE.

I may be able to go.If I have the days off then i'll be the first to taste the cake ;D Not like I have much to do these days anyway.>.>

Jerry

the cake has been adopted and will probably have a new home [in someone's] belly. --- with that behind me.

again i recommend a gathering of some type involving giving ppl food. or maybe a good movie...
Say Ninja Assassin   or Sherlock Holmes ?

assuming your not crazy, socially awkward, or a creepy fanboy- then I'll assume you have the ability to make friends.
oh wait. I'm already all those things. :P
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D