Masquerade Info for 2010 - FINAL UPDATE 5/26/10 *PLEASE LOCK*

Started by angeljibrille, September 20, 2009, 12:30:26 AM

Dany

Quote from: angeljibrille on May 02, 2010, 12:41:03 AM
Sorry our internet was out Q___Q

I just posted it.

I've been freaking out over here too trying to get it up there for you guys >.<

I'm so sorry !

I think some of us got through on the direct link though the timestamp on mine looks weird. It says I signed this morning at 11am which hasn't even happened yet. :(
2012 Costumes (or so we hope!)
Ayukawa, Miime, Oscar, Yuria, D'Eon

D001

No worries!  It got up, we know what happened, it's aaaaaaaaaaall good :D

Thanks for letting us know and thanks for all of your hard work in pulling this all together!
D

Next Costumes: Goujun (Saiyuki), Sanzo (Saiyuki), King of Tai (Twelve Kingdoms), Mihai (DOGS), Sailor Pluto (Sailor Moon)?, Rapunzel (Tangled)?

wolfdaemon

Yeah, my time stamp is weird too since it says I got it at 1:24 a.m., but I was definitely asleep by then XDD

angeljibrille

PHP timestamps it with East Coast time. ^^ That's all. It's all good; it will sort in order and that's all I need.

I'll work on getting these together within the next few days.

Thanks everyone!

MyMidnightAffair

Hello there! I have a question...
wheat time will the Masquerade take place, and will it be on Saturday??
TY :D
And btw, this is my 1st time attending Masquerade w/ a group of friends.. how can we get a seat?

Rette

Quote from: angeljibrille on May 02, 2010, 04:30:36 PM
PHP timestamps it with East Coast time. ^^ That's all. It's all good; it will sort in order and that's all I need.

I'll work on getting these together within the next few days.

Thanks everyone!

I'm a bit concerned because I went back the next day to just double check it and the timestamp had changed to the current time. Does that affect the order or does the original time stand? Would hate to have wasted staying up to register. >.<

~ Gaffer Tape is like the Force. There's a Dark Side and a Light Side and it Holds the Universe Together. ~

Member of Three Dollar Laugh Cosplay

angeljibrille

Quote from: Rette on May 03, 2010, 12:11:13 AM
I'm a bit concerned because I went back the next day to just double check it and the timestamp had changed to the current time. Does that affect the order or does the original time stand? Would hate to have wasted staying up to register. >.<

Grats you found a bug ^_^! Fixed now.

For those interested in the tedium of php, I had meant to process the date from the database, but instead processed the date from today. Anyway, the dates in the database were still all there -- and now the web page is fixed to show that timestamp.

So all is good. Sorry about that :)

Sharktongue

I saw that '11:00am - 12:00pm on Saturday, May 29' still has spots, via your post; It was my group's second choice. Is there any way to get this slot, instead of the more random slot we were assigned for friday? A group member I have can't do that time on friday :(

Teca

For the craftsmanship judging, is it alright if we bring our costumes in stead of wearing them, especially for the people who are going on Friday?

angeljibrille

Quote from: Sharktongue on May 06, 2010, 06:41:06 AM
I saw that '11:00am - 12:00pm on Saturday, May 29' still has spots, via your post; It was my group's second choice. Is there any way to get this slot, instead of the more random slot we were assigned for friday? A group member I have can't do that time on friday :(

Please PM me your group number. This is weird because almost everyone got their first choice. I had to defer a couple of larger groups to their second choice, but I don't think anyone got a 3rd choice and definitely non one got a random.

This is the way it was selected:
1. By the time you registered for judging
2. If you were fully registered on the list
3. How many people were scheduled in that slot
4. If you were on the waiting list
5. Again, by how many people were scheduled in that slot

Then I marked full times on the list. So if you got a time not in your top 3 choices, lemme know, because that shouldn't be the case. :)

angeljibrille

Quote from: Teca on May 06, 2010, 09:58:48 AM
For the craftsmanship judging, is it alright if we bring our costumes in stead of wearing them, especially for the people who are going on Friday?

Absolutely fine.  Also, I had a couple of people tell me that one person can't make the judging time they picked, but everyone else can. In a case like this, it's perfectly OK for you to bring the costume of the person who isn't there with you and show that to the judges. If it's being judged for individual and/or group, have the person write up a little paragraph or so about the construction of the costume to give to the judges.  If it's for a design award (where one person in the group made all the costumes) then you don't have to write the paragraph.

Dany

Silly question: I am assuming that the hour we have is more for logistical reasons than because we'll be using a full hour for our costumes, correct?

There's only two of us so I don't think that we need that long, but I don't know deeply the judges will be poking at our stuff either :)

angeljibrille

Quote from: Dany on May 06, 2010, 11:11:01 AM
Silly question: I am assuming that the hour we have is more for logistical reasons than because we'll be using a full hour for our costumes, correct?

There's only two of us so I don't think that we need that long, but I don't know deeply the judges will be poking at our stuff either :)

Yes, at the moment we have about 15 people assigned per hour (usually 2-3 groups). So the judges will spend time with you, but not the full hour.

The times I listed where we have lots of space only have 4-8 people registered during those hours. The "full" ones are 15 people. Thanks :)

The people during that hour will be served first-come, first-served. If everyone is there at the same time, it will go in order of when you registered.

Dany

Quote from: angeljibrille on May 06, 2010, 12:36:37 PM
Yes, at the moment we have about 15 people assigned per hour (usually 2-3 groups). So the judges will spend time with you, but not the full hour.

The times I listed where we have lots of space only have 4-8 people registered during those hours. The "full" ones are 15 people. Thanks :)

The people during that hour will be served first-come, first-served. If everyone is there at the same time, it will go in order of when you registered.

Aha! Insight acquired...Grazie!!

Mi Feng

My group is 76th on the list, so will we actually be able to perform?
Should we come to the 5 pm meetup in case?

angeljibrille

Quote from: Mi Feng on May 06, 2010, 10:04:37 PM
My group is 76th on the list, so will we actually be able to perform?
Should we come to the 5 pm meetup in case?

You will know by 12:00pm on Saturday, May 29, if you got in to the Masquerade.

Basically you need to do the following to qualify:
1. Check in on Friday (any time) or on Saturday by 10:00am at Room F in the San Jose Convention Center.
2. Bring us your music so we can get that checked in just in case.
3. If you want Craftsmanship, please sign up NOW for a judging spot - and go ahead and get judged.

If you do all 3 of these things, you have a very good chance of getting in. If you did Craftsmanship, we will allow you to be in the Masquerade Fashion Show (the walk ons at the begining of the Masquerade) even if you don't get to present a skit.

We advise that you bring two chocies of music -- one for if you score a "skit" spot, and the other for a "fashion show" walk on if you choose to do that.  The fashion show is basically the individual / group walks out on the stage, poses, and walks off.

We can do several Fashion Show entries, but in order to participate in that you MUST participate in Craftsmanship.

Thanks!
Marisa

LiL Moon

Quick question: Do you need to buy a ticket in order to come see the Masquerade contest? This is my first time at Fanime,

Dany

Quote from: LiL Moon on May 12, 2010, 11:51:37 PM
Quick question: Do you need to buy a ticket in order to come see the Masquerade contest? This is my first time at Fanime,

Masquerade comes free with your badge. You just might have to commit a little time to stand in a line for a primo seat is all. ;)

Aishasama

Are "gunshot" sounds okay to use? It would be between dialogue and music and stuff like that, but would it push the PG limit? I don't want to cause commotion with the audience.