Valve cosplay gathering 2016!

Started by Avairrianna, September 30, 2009, 05:38:10 PM

Rodney_Pheonix

Would you Kindly change the First post to reflect that I might Cosplay as either a L4D hunter or an HECU Combat Engineer for the gathering considering that I am working on my Engineer cosplay, and am getting closer to it.
Personal FanimeCon 2015 Fund: ?/?
Planned 2014 Cosplays:
Kiev Klanker
A young Sidrovich?
HL2 Combine (concept art trenchcoat one)
Something something....no idea yet.

MetalPriestess

If the gathering is Sunday, then I will be there as a blue soldier with red hair and a rocket launcher.  ;D

Avairrianna

Cosplays in work:
?

Gatherings in charge of in 2017:
Steven Universe

Rodney_Pheonix

Planned 2014 Cosplays:
Kiev Klanker
A young Sidrovich?

Avairrianna

I think I might have come across a really cool thing for everyone that's in our gathering ^^ I hope it works out!
Cosplays in work:
?

Steven Universe

Rodney_Pheonix

Planned 2014 Cosplays:
Kiev Klanker
A young Sidrovich?

Avairrianna

It wont be an awesome surprise if I tell you guys
Cosplays in work:
?

Steven Universe

Rodney_Pheonix

Hmmm...I wonder if the brass in the pressure gauges for the false regulators on the oxy-fuel setup will be allowable... the rovers are pretty strict on metals, but it's nigh impossible to get a non metallic pressure gauge...

Been designing the Oxy-fuel rig for my Engineer cosplay and I ran into that problem.
Planned 2014 Cosplays:
Kiev Klanker
A young Sidrovich?

Avairrianna

I know! I'm running into the same problems in designing things to be 'safe' and I'm getting sick of it!

I need a pressure valve for a couple of things and I don't know what to do other then cardboard...tacky....
Cosplays in work:
?

Steven Universe

Rodney_Pheonix

Meh, I'll fire off a query to the rovers and see if I can, since it's not something I'm going to be waving around anyway.
Planned 2014 Cosplays:
Kiev Klanker
A young Sidrovich?

Avairrianna

Yay! My spray paint works on my material! One more step closer to finishing! Now if only my sewing machine would sew through the fabric properly....

P.S. I am on spring break this week but will not be on here for a couple of days due to a oral surgery and having no internet at my house... (I hate living in the stone age at my house... freaking older parents) but on the bright side I'll probably be bored out of my mind And out of my mind on pain killersand I'll get some more costumes done!
Cosplays in work:
?

Steven Universe

Rodney_Pheonix

Ok, so Mike got back to me on my query.

QuoteAs long as the pressure gauge is securely attached to the backpack and the backpack is secured to your person I don't that as an issue. you may want to come the Peace bonding table and have it checked out and maybe even zip tied so no one harasses you in the halls. If you have any questions or any issues ask them to radio me and I will have a look at it personally.

~ Thank You

.\\ike
Fanime Rovers
Department Head

On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 4:43 PM, Sefa Sefirosu <[email protected]> wrote:

I am currently in the process of designing a prop Backpack Oxy-fuel cutting rig for my HECU Combat Engineer Cosplay (From the Half Life game Opposing Force), and I've run into the problem that the only pressure gauges I can find are made of brass, Aluminum, or stainless steel.

Since the Prop is part of a backpack and I'm not going to be waving it around like some sword crazed (or crowbar crazed if I stick to the Half life series) lunatic, would it be problematic if I were to use the metal pressure gauge? Or would I have to coat the metal surfaces with a rubber compound of some sort to pass muster?
Planned 2014 Cosplays:
Kiev Klanker
A young Sidrovich?

Avairrianna

Quote from: Rodney_Pheonix on March 23, 2010, 12:11:31 PM
Ok, so Mike got back to me on my query.

QuoteAs long as the pressure gauge is securely attached to the backpack and the backpack is secured to your person I don't that as an issue. you may want to come the Peace bonding table and have it checked out and maybe even zip tied so no one harasses you in the halls. If you have any questions or any issues ask them to radio me and I will have a look at it personally.

~ Thank You

.\\ike
Fanime Rovers
Department Head

On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 4:43 PM, Sefa Sefirosu <[email protected]> wrote:

I am currently in the process of designing a prop Backpack Oxy-fuel cutting rig for my HECU Combat Engineer Cosplay (From the Half Life game Opposing Force), and I've run into the problem that the only pressure gauges I can find are made of brass, Aluminum, or stainless steel.

Since the Prop is part of a backpack and I'm not going to be waving it around like some sword crazed (or crowbar crazed if I stick to the Half life series) lunatic, would it be problematic if I were to use the metal pressure gauge? Or would I have to coat the metal surfaces with a rubber compound of some sort to pass muster?

Oh good! That helps. BTW I found the most amazing person who makes TF2 patches!!! *squeeee* I'm gonna order from her ^^

http://neithersparky.deviantart.com/art/Team-Fortress-2-Patch-141871577
Cosplays in work:
?

Steven Universe

HelloDolly

I'm actually a fan of http://kingdom-arts.org/patches.html. She takes in account that patches on RED uniforms are orangey-yellow (whereas BLUs are pure yellow) which is great for people with accuracy OCD. Dunno the prices on the person from DA, though, they might be cheaper.

Also Kingdom Arts does the company logos. Not as high-quality as the ones you'd get from the WAR BONDS! pack but not bad nonetheless.

Rodney_Pheonix

Hmmmm... wonder if I could get her to do a couple custom patches for me based on the designs I'm working on.

Basically a variation on the special forces insignia...
Planned 2014 Cosplays:
Kiev Klanker
A young Sidrovich?

Rodney_Pheonix

Meh, Decided on no patches for the uniform... that and I still need to get the Top bdu shirt.
Planned 2014 Cosplays:
Kiev Klanker
A young Sidrovich?

Avairrianna

Just for people's reference whether they want one for cosplays or to add to person stuff ^^

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=44098346

All done!
Cosplays in work:
?

Steven Universe

Rodney_Pheonix

So who's Psyched up for Fanime already?
Planned 2014 Cosplays:
Kiev Klanker
A young Sidrovich?

Avairrianna

I SOOO am!!!!!!!

And BTW for the people who live in Central and Southern CA on May 2 there is going to be the first ever Bakersfield anime convention!!!!

http://www.bak-anime.com/

It's a one day con right now and it's by the same people as Sac-Anime! It's $6 at the door and from 10-6 on May 2 (Sunday) so if you're near Bakersfield and want a little quick con to amp you up for Fanime please come! I live in Bakersfield and would love to see some people out there so we can have another great con in CA! ^^
Cosplays in work:
?

Steven Universe

Rodney_Pheonix

Hmmmm...I'll see about it. I live about and hour and a half North of Bakersfield in the small town/firehazard of Coalinga.
Planned 2014 Cosplays:
Kiev Klanker
A young Sidrovich?