Valve cosplay gathering 2016!

Started by Avairrianna, September 30, 2009, 05:38:10 PM

HelloDolly

By the way, here's the Steam group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/TF2Fanime. I imagine we'll be using it to schedule future TF2 gatherings, skit planning, and possible server take-overs.

Thanks for the compliments, guys! And Priestess, here's the photo I snagged of us. Good stuff.

Av, you did a GREAT job of directing the gathering. I hope you plan on another one in '11!

Avairrianna

Ok, First post changed geared for 2011!!!!!!
Cosplays in work:
?

Gatherings in charge of in 2017:
Steven Universe

Avairrianna

Quote from: Aphaestus on June 05, 2010, 12:11:16 AM
@Avairrianna

I have uploaded more photos of the Valve gathering onto DeviantArt if you want to add em to your album.
They are 383-473. My friend had the camera and he went kinda crazy XD

Can you post a link please?
Cosplays in work:
?

Steven Universe

Aphaestus

Quote from: Avairrianna on June 10, 2010, 12:54:47 PM
@Avairrianna

I have uploaded more photos of the Valve gathering onto DeviantArt if you want to add em to your album.

aphaestus.deviantart.com

You already have many of my photos in your album =P
E-gaming Staffer

Avairrianna

Quote from: Aphaestus on June 10, 2010, 01:54:29 PM
Quote from: Avairrianna on June 10, 2010, 12:54:47 PM
@Avairrianna

aphaestus.deviantart.com

You already have many of my photos in your album =P

Oh lol I do and I keep finding new stuff and adding to mine so yeah...

I've come to the conclusion that I need to cut my hood a little so it doesn't drown my head in pics lol
Cosplays in work:
?

Steven Universe

DJXtremist

Hey Im planning on going next year as a normal looking RED medic
(Im retiring the casual medic)

Avairrianna

Quote from: DJXtremist on June 11, 2010, 07:59:11 PM
Hey Im planning on going next year as a normal looking RED medic
(Im retiring the casual medic)

Awesome! I guess I should maybe start the list now for next year

BTW everyone, did anyone count/does everyone think we had over 60 people at our gathering? I think we did and I tried to count but kinda failed....
Cosplays in work:
?

Steven Universe

Rodney_Pheonix

Easily over 60 people.

Mark me down as a definite (unless something inconceivable throws a wrench into my plans) as Half Life Character. I'm considering working on the gear to be a Combine Overwatch member. Failing that I'll be an HECU member again.
Personal FanimeCon 2015 Fund: ?/?
Planned 2014 Cosplays:
Kiev Klanker
A young Sidrovich?
HL2 Combine (concept art trenchcoat one)
Something something....no idea yet.

vixentail

I'm so glad they decided to do Left 4 Dead twice, because I missed the first one (along with my whole group).
I was the Bride Witch, and I had a lot of fun!
Everyone at the gathering was so nice, and I met a lot of cool people there. (:

I'm going again next year, probably as the bride witch again. :D

Avairrianna

Quote from: vixentail on June 15, 2010, 05:22:35 PM
I'm so glad they decided to do Left 4 Dead twice, because I missed the first one (along with my whole group).
I was the Bride Witch, and I had a lot of fun!
Everyone at the gathering was so nice, and I met a lot of cool people there. (:

I'm going again next year, probably as the bride witch again. :D

Yeah I'm glad you made it and, I kinda got the feeling that people were missing which is why I did basically everyone twice. Not sure if I should do that next year of have all non-TF2 cosplayers be first and basically have them assemble half an hour earlier than TF2?
Cosplays in work:
?

Steven Universe

Rodney_Pheonix

I'm hoping Doc Freeman shows up so I'm not the only one representing Half Life there.
Personal FanimeCon 2015 Fund: ?/?
Planned 2014 Cosplays:
Kiev Klanker
A young Sidrovich?
HL2 Combine (concept art trenchcoat one)
Something something....no idea yet.

LadyAisha

I missed the entire gathering because someone mixed up the times... I'll be the bride witch!  :D

MetalPriestess

Quote from: Rodney_Pheonix on June 18, 2010, 07:47:47 PM
I'm hoping Doc Freeman shows up so I'm not the only one representing Half Life there.

There always needs to be more Gordon Freeman. 

And assuming I can go (I should be able to), I'll be either the Blu Soldier again or Alyx Vance from Half-Life 2.  ;D

Carmel-pop

Last year was so much fun! I was the Zoey with the black hair. I don't know if anyone remembers me....
.__.

But I'll definitely be there next year!

DerangedGenius

Still deciding between RED Engie or BLU Sniper. I'll post again when I have a definite choice. ^^;

Chesid

Currently working on some female L4D/L4D2 infected (we may or may not have a female Boomer). Also Nick from L4D2 (more than likely).

Myself as a female Smoker (as rendered by Zarla of deviantart.com), a friend as a Boomer (still waiting on her confirmation - I showed her what the female Boomer looks like, and she was hesitant to confirm), and her sister as my Hunter (as rendered in that aforementioned picture URL). My boyfriend will most likely be Nick.

I just hope the Valve gathering will be on the same day as any Rock Band tourney that may take place; we're going to perform... and I really don't want to be Smoker more than one day: the makeup will take HOURS to put on, and I'm sure it'll take forever to get out of, as well.
Fanime '13:
(The Great and Powerful) Trixie - MLP:FiM
Ariel, "Kiss the Girl"/town dress - The Little Mermaid

Avairrianna

Updated front page on 11/10!

If you are unsure or change your mind later on what you'll be cosplaying as please let me know and it's no big deal seeing as Fanime is 6 months away! Can you believe it?!
Cosplays in work:
?

Steven Universe

Rank

Returning as the same RED solly from last year. Go ahead and put down Kaizoku (yup, *THE* L4D Kaizoku. I'm half surprised he's not cosplaying a Hunter :T) as RED Medic.

Rank

Also, if any of you have ideas on how to construct a Killer's Kabuto, let me know! I'm thinking about attempting to tackle it since I've already got the important prop out of the way.

Antstep

You can put me down as a red or blu spy. Undecided on team.