Valve cosplay gathering 2016!

Started by Avairrianna, September 30, 2009, 05:38:10 PM

Avairrianna

Quote from: jacktchance on December 14, 2009, 01:21:51 PM
Most of the TF2 cosplayers congregate on another website, but favors sound interesting.  I was thinking of something similar.

What website? I would like to go talk to them. ^^
Cosplays in work:
?

Gatherings in charge of in 2017:
Steven Universe

Stereocalypse

It appears as if you've found us!

I'll keep in touch with you over the next few weeks about a possible secondary TF2-only gathering (if there's enough interest) as well as keeping up-to-date with what kinds of cosplayers will be in attendance that may not have a Fanime forum account.

Avairrianna

Ok sounds good and I don't mind combining and keeping track of everyone if it comes to that ^^

Lol I founds you...

I feel stupid but I played TF2 for the first time today....... Nobody kill me please!
Cosplays in work:
?

Steven Universe

Avairrianna

Ok my peeps, so soon we will be able to pick a day, time and place for the event and I would like to get some insights of what you guys are feeling!

Personally, I would rather not pick a definite day/time until the events are announced but does everything think the fountains are the best bet for our location?

We can always change the info later I suppose.
Cosplays in work:
?

Steven Universe

K&K4ever

OOOOOO! I like this gathering, and if I can I'll stop by to take pictures if you don't mind that is ;D
The sun was raising up above the high
and dense entangled spider's web.  The dew
was dripping from the silky strings and down
through canopy to underbrush.  It splashed
the puddle making one more fountain spring.

meo

Quote from: meo on December 14, 2009, 02:37:38 PM
Hey! I'm going as Red Medic! :D and my boyfriend is going Red Spy!

As I am a female medic, I'm trying to make it more like a "female looking" outfit.. rather than the typical black pants and white coat...
Maybe I'll be a bloody battle medic. hmm. Who knows! Hehe.

Anywho, see you there?!

Okay, so I most definitely lied. The boyfriend is going to be Blue spy. As we were working on our costumes I noticed that the suit was blue. /facepalm
My bad!

Avairrianna

Quote from: K&K4ever on January 02, 2010, 07:32:22 PM
OOOOOO! I like this gathering, and if I can I'll stop by to take pictures if you don't mind that is ;D

Of course not Kenshin! You are certainly welcomed to take pictures of the gathering! As long as you forward me some that you take ^^
Cosplays in work:
?

Steven Universe

Avairrianna

Quote from: meo on January 03, 2010, 11:14:33 AM
Quote from: meo on December 14, 2009, 02:37:38 PM
Hey! I'm going as Red Medic! :D and my boyfriend is going Red Spy!

As I am a female medic, I'm trying to make it more like a "female looking" outfit.. rather than the typical black pants and white coat...
Maybe I'll be a bloody battle medic. hmm. Who knows! Hehe.

Anywho, see you there?!

Okay, so I most definitely lied. The boyfriend is going to be Blue spy. As we were working on our costumes I noticed that the suit was blue. /facepalm
My bad!

Lol no problem! Fixed
Cosplays in work:
?

Steven Universe

Stereocalypse

I'm fine with the Fountains. This is my first Fanime ever so I really have no idea where else we could meet.

Avairrianna

Quote from: Stereocalypse on January 07, 2010, 12:53:28 PM
I'm fine with the Fountains. This is my first Fanime ever so I really have no idea where else we could meet.

Thank you for your input! I'm thinking the fountains too it's just we REALLY shouldn't be out there when another huge gathering is there as well (i.e. Bleach, Naruto, Kingdom Hearts) cause we'd get swamped! I say we let the huge gathering pick first and then pick a place and time around them.

BTW I don't want to have our gathering meet on Friday or Monday but is that a general consensus with everyone? I'm thinking we're going to have a pretty big gathering but not in the form of sign ups. Like a lot of people will just be happening to cosplay TF2 without knowing there's a gathering so I'd like to at least get a day of promoting it to make it really awesome ^^
Cosplays in work:
?

Steven Universe

Rodney_Pheonix

I can make a couple signs to help promote the gathering if you want. Here's an example I whipped up for the Cosplay Murder Mystery Last year... Lol, I still have it too.

Personal FanimeCon 2015 Fund: ?/?
Planned 2014 Cosplays:
Kiev Klanker
A young Sidrovich?
HL2 Combine (concept art trenchcoat one)
Something something....no idea yet.

Avairrianna

Well, the bulletin board for gatherings is posted up but I just want people to have a chance to see it a day in advance is all. Thank you for offering but I will be two Valve characters so I can spread the word while in costume so we don't need signs I don't think. Thank you though.

I'm leaning towards having the gathering on Saturday at the fountains, how does that sound?
Cosplays in work:
?

Steven Universe

Rodney_Pheonix

Saturday sounds good. Fountains also sounds good, however I would think the area off towards the Hilton or Mariott side would be good too so we stay out of the way of the other gatherings......Hmm...would a Gabe Cosplay count as a valve cosplay? Just wondering.
Personal FanimeCon 2015 Fund: ?/?
Planned 2014 Cosplays:
Kiev Klanker
A young Sidrovich?
HL2 Combine (concept art trenchcoat one)
Something something....no idea yet.

Hawkbat

Hey guys, this looks cool, I'll be bringing a TF2 team in with a blue spy and red sniper and medic for sure, we'll hopefully have a red heavy, scout, engineer and demoman as well!

Lord_Hawkbat

Nosferatu

I'll be attending as RED Pyro, and my friend will be BLU Spy, from Team Fortress 2. I'll be sure to follow the thread for when time and place are decided. ;D
Fanime 2014: Mass Effect fem!Shep still incomplete. No cosplay this year.

will [ishida]

Alright, I've decided to be a BLU Sniper with Jarate and the Professional's Panama. Hopefully I can make a Huntsman in time as well (it'd be my dream to make a Razorback)...
Dan Smith - killer7
"watashi" - The Tatami Galaxy
Woolf Enneacle - Mobile Suit Gundam AGE
Raymond Vester - Resident Evil: Revelations
Shintaro Goto (Kamen Rider Birth) - Kamen Rider OOO
Takashi Dai (Banker) - Star Driver: Kagayaki no Takuto

Avairrianna

Massive Update!

All have been added but please do keep me posted if people change or drop from your groups.

Added the TENTATIVE day and place but of course this CAN DEFINITELY change!

Also, Phoenix, I'm not sure who Gabe is so you'd either have to describe it or ask the forum what they think cause I really don't know lol 
Cosplays in work:
?

Steven Universe

will [ishida]

Quote from: Avairrianna on January 13, 2010, 11:29:23 AM
Also, Phoenix, I'm not sure who Gabe is so you'd either have to describe it or ask the forum what they think cause I really don't know lol 

Reference to Gabe Newell, founder and CEO of Valve.

Which would be hilarious.
Dan Smith - killer7

Avairrianna

Quote from: will [ishida] on January 13, 2010, 02:07:27 PM
Quote from: Avairrianna on January 13, 2010, 11:29:23 AM

Reference to Gabe Newell, founder and CEO of Valve.

Which would be hilarious.

Ok, I looked it up but thought maybe there was some secret character floating around that I didn't know about. And I say sure it works if you want Phoenix.

Also, my friend has me confused and i can't get a straight answer...is Bioshock a Valve game? I didn't think it was...
Cosplays in work:
?

Steven Universe

will [ishida]

Quote from: Avairrianna on January 14, 2010, 03:29:07 PM
Also, my friend has me confused and i can't get a straight answer...is Bioshock a Valve game? I didn't think it was...

Nope, 2K Games.

The only Valve properties are Half-Life and all its expansions, Half-Life 2 and its Episodes, Counter-Strike/Source, Day of Defeat/Source, Team Fortress Classic/2, Portal, and Left 4 Dead/2. I hope I didn't miss any, otherwise I'd look quite asinine.
Dan Smith - killer7