Valve cosplay gathering 2016!

Started by Avairrianna, September 30, 2009, 05:38:10 PM

Geno

Haha, never mind I found a thread that answered my question.

Foxberry

Sadly I won't be able to attend this year, I wanted to get my Fem!Spy done to complement my boyfriend's Sniper- but yeah things fell through. However I am reporting in for my boyfriend since he doesn't have a fanime forums id.

Nero will be attending as Red Sniper

ININ

My first Valve and video game cosplay.  I'm cosplaying Red Medic from TF2.  Best case scenario is 85% complete.  Worse case scenario is 70%.  Regardless I'm attending.

Avairrianna

Updated the list everyone!

BTW I'm out of the hospital and on my way to recovery! I've already lost 20 pounds since Wednesday (@_@) so my FemmePyro might be a little big on me...

Thank you to everyone who wished me well on my surgery!

10 DAYS TIL FANIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cosplays in work:
?

Gatherings in charge of in 2017:
Steven Universe

God91125

May be there as well as there's a new Ellis in town. xD Got my costume all done just been working on the props before Fanime >_>

sarcasmosaur

BLU Heavy checking in super late here.

My housemate might be coming as a RED Spy but he needs to know which day to take off work.

badkarma87

Going to be dressing up as a resistance rebel from Half-Life 2.  8)

God91125

Question!

Any other Left 4 Dead cosplayers make a prop pipe bomb?

I made one out of PVC pipe and just attached some like sewing buttons and stuff on it. But curious as to what the rules were for it before or if the prop was even allowed. Don't wanna get tackles by anyone for holding a fake pipe bomb >_> haha

Chesid

Now that I think of it, I don't think I've ever seen a pipe bomb prop.

I've got 8+ friends that are Rovers this year (some are veteran Rovers, who might have experience with this sort of thing) - I'll ask them for you if nobody else has input.

In other news, Smoker's tongue is giving me way more problems than it should be. The mask looks pretty neat, though (unfortunately, it's outside right now, and I'm not going to take a picture at this hour). It's a bit more green than I would have liked, but we're going to add another coat of paint to attempt to even it out.
Fanime '13:
(The Great and Powerful) Trixie - MLP:FiM
Ariel, "Kiss the Girl"/town dress - The Little Mermaid

God91125

Much thanks :) I know what I made certainly looks pretty fake, but none the less haha will def have to bring it in for peace bonding or something.

Avairrianna

Updated!

Take the pipe bomb to the Rovers before you go anywhere in your Ellis and just have them ok it. I don't think it will be a problem
Cosplays in work:
?

Steven Universe

Cliff Nordman

Quote from: badkarma87 on May 17, 2011, 11:04:46 PM
Going to be dressing up as a resistance rebel from Half-Life 2.  8)

Nice.  I don't see many costumes from the Half-Life series.

God91125

Quote from: Avairrianna on May 19, 2011, 01:39:26 PM
Updated!

Take the pipe bomb to the Rovers before you go anywhere in your Ellis and just have them ok it. I don't think it will be a problem

Good to hear. :) Since I finished making my props today I actually have a picture of all of them,

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g263/God91125/242864_10150196634783139_617308138_7011990_4756897_o.jpg

The shottie as I checked in the weapons thread can be peace bonded down so I can't load it at all since you have to crack it open like a double barrel. Does anyone else kind of find it weird that a double barrel shot gun isn't in left 4 dead 0-0 you would think it would be huh. xD But yeah hoping this is all good enough haha.

vixentail

Oh my goshhhhh, fanime is so close!
I'm so excited for this gathering. c:

Also, reminder, my friend and I are having a fake L4D Wedding from 11 - 12:30 ( Sunday, before the gathering) at the fountains infront of the con if any of you are interested. It's between Keith & The Bride Witch. c:

facebook event page can be found here: http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=185739821464586

can't wait to see you guys again! 8D

Rodney_Pheonix

Presently pissed off because my tactical vest isn't here yet...
Personal FanimeCon 2015 Fund: ?/?
Planned 2014 Cosplays:
Kiev Klanker
A young Sidrovich?
HL2 Combine (concept art trenchcoat one)
Something something....no idea yet.

Chesid

If I can't get Smoker's mask & tongue finished by Tuesday this week, I will not be attending the gathering; just a heads-up (I'm really irritated by the whole thing). A friend of mine suggested I finish the mask, and if I don't have the tongue done, just use my actual tongue (with the excuse of 'it was chopped off by some redneck with an axe'). I told her that just didn't feel right to me. My tongue may be long, but it's not... err... satisfactory? :'D
Fanime '13:
(The Great and Powerful) Trixie - MLP:FiM
Ariel, "Kiss the Girl"/town dress - The Little Mermaid

Avairrianna

Awwww.... Chesid well I hope you do end up coming. I'm sure your smoker will be amazing with or without the tongue.

Rodney I hope your tact vest comes! I'm actually about to leave right now and go buy one lol weird

Well, I'm going to be fixing my flamethrower today and finish my medkits (Both of which I LOVEEEEE!!!!!)

Hope everyone isn't as behind as me this year in cosplays!
Cosplays in work:
?

Steven Universe

Geno

I've got a quick question, anyone know how the weather feels this time of the year in San Jose? I'm further up Nor Cal and it's starting to get hot. I'll be in a HL2 Rebel costume so I can imagine things will be warm, I just don't want to go running around smelling like sweat lol. This is my first time Cosplaying and my first time in San Jose so any answers on weather would be great! Thanks guys, I'm so excited!

ININ

The weather has been inconsistent the last two years.  Fanime '09 the weather was unseasonable cooler; in particular, the entire Bleach gathering was cloudy and cool.  Fanime '10 was unseasonable warmer than usual with highs in the upper 80s.  IIRC, Fanime '08 was warm.  The weather is not summer SoCal Los Angles Pyro flamethrower hot lol! ;)

San Jose weather has been on the cooler side this year.  It rained last week around Mon May 16.

Brutal

Quote from: Rodney_Pheonix on May 20, 2011, 11:54:30 PM
Presently pissed off because my tactical vest isn't here yet...
Tell me about it.
I ordered a prop commission for Zoey and I haven't gotten any e-mail back on the progress and I dont have it yet.

2012 Cosplays ยป Zoey | Scout's Mom | Caroline | Rebecca Chambers | Panty | Miku