Valve cosplay gathering 2016!

Started by Avairrianna, September 30, 2009, 05:38:10 PM

Metasheep

Quote from: Taciturn on June 01, 2013, 10:30:29 PM
Found a whole bunch of photos here! 

http://www.flickr.com/photos/metasheep/sets/72157633851185830/page2/

Wow, I was about to post a link to my pics.  It seemed like there weren't as many poses this year, though I guess with the construction, there were fewer gathering spots and was more of a time crunch before the next group.

I made a set from just the meet up: http://www.flickr.com/photos/metasheep/sets/72157633871838929/

Taciturn

Quote from: Metasheep on June 02, 2013, 01:56:25 AM
Wow, I was about to post a link to my pics.  It seemed like there weren't as many poses this year, though I guess with the construction, there were fewer gathering spots and was more of a time crunch before the next group.

I made a set from just the meet up: http://www.flickr.com/photos/metasheep/sets/72157633871838929/

Sorry about that, I was just checking flickr a lot for any photos of my cosplay.   Yeah, I noticed the gatherings seemed super rushed this year compared to the number of poses that we could do last year.  Bit of a bummer, but hopefully this'll get better in 2014!

Also, do you mind if I post a few of these on tumblr?  It'll be linked back to your flickr, of course.

Metasheep

I didn't mean wow in a bad way, just a "Wow, someone found my pics" way.  I don't mind, post as many as you want.

The construction will be done by next year so there will probably be a ton of spots for gatherings and less of a time crunch.  I really liked the wooden benches they added next to the stairs in the main lobby.  If they were longer, they could act as stages for large meet ups.  As they are, they're pretty good for 15-30 people size meet ups.

Imperial

Quote from: Metasheep on June 03, 2013, 01:42:08 AM
I didn't mean wow in a bad way, just a "Wow, someone found my pics" way.  I don't mind, post as many as you want.

The construction will be done by next year so there will probably be a ton of spots for gatherings and less of a time crunch.  I really liked the wooden benches they added next to the stairs in the main lobby.  If they were longer, they could act as stages for large meet ups.  As they are, they're pretty good for 15-30 people size meet ups.
CGD, Or cosplayer gatherings department were kinda on top of what places would work as what. They considered the wood benches for large gatherings, cause you could stuff a lot of people on those, the only problem would be the crowd that would be there taking the pictures. It would block a major walkway at the convention, and could have the con shut down by the fire marshall. The dancers, dont get me wrong, kinda did almost get the con shut down for said blocking.

Avairrianna

Well here we are again at the end of another year! We hope that Gabe Newell will be kind to us in the coming year and I look forward to hosting again in 2014!
Cosplays in work:
?

Gatherings in charge of in 2017:
Steven Universe

Imperial

Well, I just finished upgrading the Pudge outfit(they needed to change his look cause China's laws.....), and I might have a Beastmaster comming as well with me this year. Both are Dota 2, and I am advising other Dota 2 cosplayers to attend this gathering (as well as the league gathering, but thats another story.)

Avairrianna

Quote from: tjimmy2 on January 01, 2014, 11:23:54 AM
Well, I just finished upgrading the Pudge outfit(they needed to change his look cause China's laws.....), and I might have a Beastmaster comming as well with me this year. Both are Dota 2, and I am advising other Dota 2 cosplayers to attend this gathering (as well as the league gathering, but thats another story.)

Ok thank you! All Dota 2 is welcomed and depending on the days and times of our gatherings I'll advise any Dotas to go to yours as well.
Cosplays in work:
?

Steven Universe

Valcust

Atlas & P-body will be back this year~ ^w^
Cosplays planned for 2014~:
Aimless Renegade~ 50%
Ja'Sajek the Khajiit~ 25%
Return of P-Body~ 75%

Devi 1313

Fanime 2023:
Wario
Eda Clawthorne Season 1 & 2
Reagan Ridley

https://www.facebook.com/Devi1313

1tactician

Me = BLU Spy (Classic wi Butterfly Knife)
Wife = RED Engineer (RED Baseball cap wi Wrench)
Daughter = RED Pyro (Flamethrower & Fire axe)

Avairrianna

Quote from: 1tactician on February 06, 2014, 08:41:54 AM
Me = BLU Spy (Classic wi Butterfly Knife)
Wife = RED Engineer (RED Baseball cap wi Wrench)
Daughter = RED Pyro (Flamethrower & Fire axe)

I officially love you guys! <3
Cosplays in work:
?

Steven Universe

Admiral Donuts

I'll probably be back as "random aperture science employee" with combustible lemon and repulsion gel (and I have cooler repulsion gel this time)

Rodney_Pheonix

Still alive, in the "think it up in my head" phase for another rifle for my Combine cosplay. Also recently replayed HL2 and am reworking my overwatch gear as a result.
Personal FanimeCon 2015 Fund: ?/?
Planned 2014 Cosplays:
Kiev Klanker
A young Sidrovich?
HL2 Combine (concept art trenchcoat one)
Something something....no idea yet.

Avairrianna

Day and Time selected! First post updated!
Cosplays in work:
?

Steven Universe

Enayla

I'm hauling my beast of a GLaDOS costume down to Fanime this year and I should be there for the meetup. It's such an impossible costume to transport, so I'm really excited for another chance to bring her out again. I'd love to get photos with all of you guys!

Avairrianna

Quote from: Enayla on March 15, 2014, 08:24:59 AM
I'm hauling my beast of a GLaDOS costume down to Fanime this year and I should be there for the meetup. It's such an impossible costume to transport, so I'm really excited for another chance to bring her out again. I'd love to get photos with all of you guys!

Just...Pure...Awesomeness!
Cosplays in work:
?

Steven Universe

Admiral Donuts

I was at a local tabletop gaming thing and this cosplay came up, crazy coincidence.

Devi 1313

Oh my god, I'm already so excited to take a picture with you!!
Fanime 2023:
Wario
Eda Clawthorne Season 1 & 2
Reagan Ridley

https://www.facebook.com/Devi1313

Taciturn

I'm back this year!  With my updated version of the rifle making it's debut.

AJ_627

Mark me down as the Red Engioneer