Valve cosplay gathering 2016!

Started by Avairrianna, September 30, 2009, 05:38:10 PM

Avairrianna

It's Avairrianna again! I guess I'll be running the sixth annual Valve Cosplay gathering!!!!!!!

The games this includes are:

Left 4 Dead
Portal
Half-Life
Team Fortress
Counter-Strike
Day of Defeat
DotA 2

Day:Sunday
Time: 11am-12pm
MP:G4
L:G4

Cosplayers:

Left 4 Dead-

Portal-

Half-Life-

TensonStar- Zombie

Team Fortress-

Blu Team:

tigerstripedmoon- Femme Engineer

Red Team:

zanderwitaz- Engineer

Undecided:

Counter-Strike-

Day of Defeat-

DotA 2-

Secret Costumes-

Total Cosplayers: 3

Please sign up and let me know if you are interested in joining! I'll be on periodically until it gets closer to Fanime when I am on all the time!

Thanks and see you in 2016!!!!

Legal Stuff-Fanime will be taking group pictures during the Gathering/Event this year. If you do not want to be included in those pictures please step aside for those photos. By remaining with the group when the pictures are being taken you give your consent to be photographed.

None gathering Valve cosplay players:

Picture Order:

In Order to keep better track of the cosplayers this year I'm going to basically have separate times for the major two games (L4D and TF2) so we don't have to keep going back and forth because more Spys showed up or a whole group of infected came. Thus when the time and date do get on their way we will go as such:

Gathering/event photography order:
-Left 4 Dead
        *Infected
        *Survivors
        *Left 4 Dead 1
        *Left 4 Dead 2
        *Funny
        *All
-Portal
        *All
-Half Life
        *All
-GIANT GROUP PICTURE
-Counter Strike/Day of Defeat
        *All
-DotA 2
        *All
-Team Fortress 2
        *Red Team
        *Blue Team
        *Classes
        *Funny
        *All

So Left 4 Dead cosplayers plan to arrive EARLY and Team Fortress doesn't need to be there as early but please start gathering around the gathering start time to situate yourselves and to support the other games!

Can't wait for 2016!!!!!!

Cosplays in work:
?

Gatherings in charge of in 2017:
Steven Universe

Avairrianna

BlueAssassin will always be my second in command for gatherings as we saw in the last few years (2011-2015)
Cosplays in work:
?

Steven Universe

will [ishida]

Sniper wielding fresh Jarate and the Master's Yellow Belt hat. Dunno if I'll be RED or BLU yet though.
Dan Smith - killer7
"watashi" - The Tatami Galaxy
Woolf Enneacle - Mobile Suit Gundam AGE
Raymond Vester - Resident Evil: Revelations
Shintaro Goto (Kamen Rider Birth) - Kamen Rider OOO
Takashi Dai (Banker) - Star Driver: Kagayaki no Takuto

Avairrianna

Ok, thanks Will you're on the list! Please let me know whenever you choose your color, ok?
Cosplays in work:
?

Steven Universe

Aphaestus

I'm gonna be a Fancy Fedora wearing Blu Spy!  ;D
and maybe a camera beard if i'm up to it...

and my friend is gonna be a Sniper, not really sure on the color Oo
E-gaming Staffer

Avairrianna

Quote from: Aphaestus on October 09, 2009, 07:30:12 PM
I'm gonna be a Fancy Fedora wearing Blu Spy!  ;D
and maybe a camera beard if i'm up to it...

and my friend is gonna be a Sniper, not really sure on the color Oo

Thanks! You're added! And when you find out your friend's color and can give me a screen name that would be great!
Cosplays in work:
?

Steven Universe

Rodney_Pheonix

I'm working on a Hunter Cosplay. I'm considering that during the day I'll be pre infection and then after dark do post infection, though for the gathering I could put the finishing touches for post infection.

Also, thoughts. I've got a black zip up hooded sweathshirt, though I'm considering adding designs to it just for kicks, like an acid green radiation(or fallout shelter) symbol on the back that I can use for the cosplay, and I've also got a light blue/gray hoodie that has rust stains on it that I could use. I'd like some ideas on which would be better for the cosplay of if I should get a dark blue hoodie, because that's what the hunter ingame seems to wear.

Though I could take the cosplay similar to how like if it were me that was infected and became a hunter.
Personal FanimeCon 2015 Fund: ?/?
Planned 2014 Cosplays:
Kiev Klanker
A young Sidrovich?
HL2 Combine (concept art trenchcoat one)
Something something....no idea yet.

Stereocalypse

Hi there. Just thought I'd tell you guys that as of right now, I'll be bringing a lot of Valve costumes, but I'll most likely be wearing my BLU Scout to the meet-up. I'm working on two new Valve-related cosplays right now, so I'll keep in touch in case I change my mind and bring another character. 

Neo-Zaku

I may be able to attend as a headcrab zombie. :P
There is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack is to be able to throw yourself at the ground...

...and miss!

Proud Member of TGC!

Avairrianna

All added! And please do keep me updated if you do change costumes; that would be greatly appreciated!
Cosplays in work:
?

Steven Universe

jacktchance

Blu scout signing in with his trusty can on BONK.

Avairrianna

Cosplays in work:
?

Steven Universe

Avairrianna

Only 5 days until Left 4 Dead 2 comes out!!!! ^^ I'm excited is anyone else with me?
Cosplays in work:
?

Steven Universe

Rodney_Pheonix

I am so excited... won't be able to get it till Thursday though because I won't be able to make it to my usual gamestop till then.... unless an opening on the seventeenth or eighteenth for my dental work opens up like a portal to Xen....oh well.

::pounces next person for 25 damage::
Planned 2014 Cosplays:
Kiev Klanker
A young Sidrovich?

Avairrianna

Hope everyone is enjoying their L4D2 goodness! ^^
Cosplays in work:
?

Steven Universe

Rodney_Pheonix

Planned 2014 Cosplays:
Kiev Klanker
A young Sidrovich?

Avairrianna

I'm thinking of making gathering favors for the people who are active on the forum... but I'm afraid it will get out of proportion with the number of cosplayers who AREN'T signed up...

If anyone saw them last year I was the one who made the really cool T-virus and antidote for Resident Evil... and I have an idea for this year but don't know how many I'd need...

What do you guys think? 
Cosplays in work:
?

Steven Universe

jacktchance

Most of the TF2 cosplayers congregate on another website, but favors sound interesting.  I was thinking of something similar.

meo

Hey! I'm going as Red Medic! :D and my boyfriend is going Red Spy!

As I am a female medic, I'm trying to make it more like a "female looking" outfit.. rather than the typical black pants and white coat...
Maybe I'll be a bloody battle medic. hmm. Who knows! Hehe.

Anywho, see you there?!

Rodney_Pheonix

I've decided to use my rust covered light blue hoodie for my cosplay, mostly cause it looks like dried in blood in the right lighting. Makes sense that a hunter would be blood covered.

Favors sounds nice, candy crowbars would be nice, but that's likely be not allowed.
Planned 2014 Cosplays:
Kiev Klanker
A young Sidrovich?