Valve cosplay gathering 2016!

Started by Avairrianna, September 30, 2009, 05:38:10 PM

Avairrianna

Ok I thought I had it correct on the front page but she was insistent until I told her so now she's a blue scout.
Cosplays in work:
?

Gatherings in charge of in 2017:
Steven Universe

Rodney_Pheonix

Quote from: Avairrianna on January 14, 2010, 03:29:07 PM
Quote from: will [ishida] on January 13, 2010, 02:07:27 PM
Quote from: Avairrianna on January 13, 2010, 11:29:23 AM
Also, Phoenix, I'm not sure who Gabe is so you'd either have to describe it or ask the forum what they think cause I really don't know lol 

Reference to Gabe Newell, founder and CEO of Valve.

Which would be hilarious.

Ok, I looked it up but thought maybe there was some secret character floating around that I didn't know about. And I say sure it works if you want Phoenix.

Also, my friend has me confused and i can't get a straight answer...is Bioshock a Valve game? I didn't think it was...

I was just wondering. I'm not planning on it though. Would be cool if Gabe actually showed up for whatever odd reason, but it's unlikely.
Personal FanimeCon 2015 Fund: ?/?
Planned 2014 Cosplays:
Kiev Klanker
A young Sidrovich?
HL2 Combine (concept art trenchcoat one)
Something something....no idea yet.

Avairrianna

Quote from: Rodney_Pheonix on January 21, 2010, 02:46:47 PM
Quote from: Avairrianna on January 14, 2010, 03:29:07 PM
Quote from: will [ishida] on January 13, 2010, 02:07:27 PM
Quote from: Avairrianna on January 13, 2010, 11:29:23 AM
Also, Phoenix, I'm not sure who Gabe is so you'd either have to describe it or ask the forum what they think cause I really don't know lol 

Reference to Gabe Newell, founder and CEO of Valve.

Which would be hilarious.

Ok, I looked it up but thought maybe there was some secret character floating around that I didn't know about. And I say sure it works if you want Phoenix.

Also, my friend has me confused and i can't get a straight answer...is Bioshock a Valve game? I didn't think it was...

I was just wondering. I'm not planning on it though. Would be cool if Gabe actually showed up for whatever odd reason, but it's unlikely.

That would be pretty sweet and it's funny b/c that kind of thing sometimes happens when I go to gatherings.

Btw, people got their rooms now right? I've changed my reservations 3 times already lol!
Cosplays in work:
?

Steven Universe

Rodney_Pheonix

I snagged my reservations today.

Marriott. 88 a night. Sadly I didn't do it this morning when I had the option of getting Thursday through Monday, instead I'm on Friday to Monday...
Planned 2014 Cosplays:
Kiev Klanker
A young Sidrovich?

will [ishida]

Missed out on a junior suite (if they were even available). At least I have 2 double beds for my 4 other mates...
Dan Smith - killer7
"watashi" - The Tatami Galaxy
Woolf Enneacle - Mobile Suit Gundam AGE
Raymond Vester - Resident Evil: Revelations
Shintaro Goto (Kamen Rider Birth) - Kamen Rider OOO
Takashi Dai (Banker) - Star Driver: Kagayaki no Takuto

Avairrianna

Quote from: Rodney_Pheonix on January 21, 2010, 11:19:19 PM

Marriott. 88 a night. Sadly I didn't do it this morning when I had the option of getting Thursday through Monday, instead I'm on Friday to Monday...

How did you get Marriott for 88? @_@
Cosplays in work:
?

Steven Universe

Rodney_Pheonix

Quote from: Avairrianna on January 22, 2010, 08:07:09 AM

Arriving:       Friday, May 28, 2010
Departing:     Monday, May 31, 2010
Hotel Choice:     San Jose Marriott (NON-SMOKING KING BEDDED ROOM W/ COMP INTERNET)
Rate:     $ 88 Single - 1 person

Simply knowing that it's just me and myself going in my vehicle and staying in my room... and quite possibly through sheer luck.
Planned 2014 Cosplays:
Kiev Klanker
A young Sidrovich?

Avairrianna

Quote from: Rodney_Pheonix on January 22, 2010, 08:38:44 AM
Quote from: Avairrianna on January 22, 2010, 08:07:09 AM

Arriving:       Friday, May 28, 2010
Departing:     Monday, May 31, 2010
Hotel Choice:     San Jose Marriott (NON-SMOKING KING BEDDED ROOM W/ COMP INTERNET)
Rate:     $ 88 Single - 1 person

Simply knowing that it's just me and myself going in my vehicle and staying in my room... and quite possibly through sheer luck.

Oh ok, a single room. Wow lucky. Are you sure you don't want to room with anyone?
Cosplays in work:
?

Steven Universe

Rodney_Pheonix

None of my friends are coming along with me (to the best of my knowledge anyway) and I'm not keen on sharing a room with people I've never met before.

No offense meant, I'm sure everyone is nice and friendly I just have a paranoid streak a mile wide. I suppose when it gets closer to Fanime I might consider seeing how economical it might be to join a group room and help split the cost.
Planned 2014 Cosplays:
Kiev Klanker
A young Sidrovich?

will [ishida]

I WISH I could have a room all to myself (I love those king beds) but my friends insist on tagging along and I can't just leave them stranded up a creek without a paddle. I'm surprised booking for 4 came out to only $122/night at the Marriott though.

In any case, I MIGHT (and this is a giant maybe) have a RED Demoman with me, and MAYBE either a Soldier or Engineer. I wouldn't mark either down, though.
Dan Smith - killer7
"watashi" - The Tatami Galaxy
Woolf Enneacle - Mobile Suit Gundam AGE
Raymond Vester - Resident Evil: Revelations
Shintaro Goto (Kamen Rider Birth) - Kamen Rider OOO
Takashi Dai (Banker) - Star Driver: Kagayaki no Takuto

Faraday

Dang, I won't be able to attend this gathering unless it's late in the day on Saturday, but I'll also be Zoey on Monday, so if you see me feel free to say hi or whatevs -- I'll be on the look out for zombies. :)

lucarden

Yo count me in as Ellis from left 4 dead 2. I would like some advice tho on where to get a great looking medi-kit to make or pre-made

Rodney_Pheonix

Some of those cheapo pre-made medical kits you can get at Target and Wal-Mart look surprisingly like the medkits from L4D, so pretty much just slap on a white cross using white out or white electrical tape and you're good to go.
Planned 2014 Cosplays:
Kiev Klanker
A young Sidrovich?

HelloDolly

Heya, it's actually vonTwirlenkiller here. My username's different but I'm still going as a RED Solly. Feel free to update the list.

Avairrianna

All updated and accounted for!

will-I didn't add your three new ones like you wanted but if things become more permanent let me know!

Faraday-I wouldn't count you out just yet. Our day and time isn't final in any sense of the manner! It most likely WILL change so I added you anyways!

lucarden-Added you! And yeah try a supply surplus nearby or those ones from Target!

HelloDolly- Changed your name and fyi I LOVE Hello Dolly! I did that play about 2 years ago!
Cosplays in work:
?

Steven Universe

Rodney_Pheonix

Hmmm...I may very well cosplay as Gabe and carry and attache' case handcuffed to me (with the Lambda symbol on it) with a well made fake of HL2: Episode Three inside.

I'll see about having the disc professionally done with a DVD of sorts that when autorun appears to open up the HL2: Episode 3 menu screen, and when play is set, it will go to either a video of Hypno Toad or Never Gonna give you up.
Planned 2014 Cosplays:
Kiev Klanker
A young Sidrovich?

Avairrianna

Quote from: Rodney_Pheonix on January 25, 2010, 10:31:24 PM
Hmmm...I may very well cosplay as Gabe and carry and attache' case handcuffed to me (with the Lambda symbol on it) with a well made fake of HL2: Episode Three inside.

I'll see about having the disc professionally done with a DVD of sorts that when autorun appears to open up the HL2: Episode 3 menu screen, and when play is set, it will go to either a video of Hypno Toad or Never Gonna give you up.

Lol that would be awesome! Especially with the HL3 ^^ Well, I wont change your character on the list until you are sure about it.
Cosplays in work:
?

Steven Universe

Rodney_Pheonix

Nah I'm sticking as a hunter, though I might try and carry out part of my idea somewhat.
Planned 2014 Cosplays:
Kiev Klanker
A young Sidrovich?

Tia_Hariberu

I'll try and make it as the Blu Spy, if i have time to make the Bleach gathering in time  ;D
Noone loves you Aizen and Hitsugheyass... Imma kill you whores. <3

Avairrianna

I looking at all the other big gatherings and although everything is still early and unofficial I'm thinking we might want to consider Sunday or Monday for ours

Input?
Cosplays in work:
?

Steven Universe