Valve cosplay gathering 2016!

Started by Avairrianna, September 30, 2009, 05:38:10 PM

Chesid

Quote from: Avairrianna on January 26, 2011, 08:19:23 AM
Ok, so your boyfriend doesn't know who he's going to be?

Nah, he's to be stricken from the gathering. Spoil-sport.
Fanime '13:
(The Great and Powerful) Trixie - MLP:FiM
Ariel, "Kiss the Girl"/town dress - The Little Mermaid

Avairrianna

Quote from: Chesid on January 28, 2011, 11:52:39 AM
Quote from: Avairrianna on January 26, 2011, 08:19:23 AM
Ok, so your boyfriend doesn't know who he's going to be?

Nah, he's to be stricken from the gathering. Spoil-sport.

Awww..... well, If things change let me know ^^
Cosplays in work:
?

Gatherings in charge of in 2017:
Steven Universe

Avairrianna

TIME AND DAY HAVE BEEN PICKED!

Day: Saturday EDITSunday
Time: 3 PM EDIT1PM
Place: Front of Fountains on the Marriott Side (Just like last year)
Cosplays in work:
?

Steven Universe

Griff223

Okay I am officially counting myself in for a blue engineer

Rodney_Pheonix

Is it possible to do 3:30? I am running a gathering that is going to run til 2-2:30 depending on attendance and that give me the choice of either wearing my HECU cosplay to my event (Firefly-Joss whedon) or making a 30minute (worst case) dash up the elevators, change and then down the elevators/stairs.

Decisions.. save the world...stay fuzzy...

[edit: 4:44 pm]

I second that idea about moving to Sunday.

..that one..below this post
Personal FanimeCon 2015 Fund: ?/?
Planned 2014 Cosplays:
Kiev Klanker
A young Sidrovich?
HL2 Combine (concept art trenchcoat one)
Something something....no idea yet.

TuddtFudders

Can we switch to sunday like last year? seems saturday in the afternoon is when people are still getting here

Avairrianna

Ok Sunday. At 1pm.

It's right after Bleach(11:30) and before Shonen Jump(3:00)
Cosplays in work:
?

Steven Universe

vixentail

Oh gosh, I was looking forward to Saturday. D:
Because the ball is on Sunday, so get out of zombified gore and claws takes a bit. And I was planning to do my night shoot the same day as the gathering so I wouldn't have to change out of it for something else. But I have plans for the ball this year, unlike last year. D:

I'll still be going though, it just makes things really complicated now.

Rank

Little tip of advice- GET THERE ON TIME.

Last year I was 5-10 minutes late and my class group photo had already been taken :(

I would assume that the gathering will start just as punctually since Ava has volunteered to co-ordinate it again.

Rodney_Pheonix

I'm thinking this, modified some, will work for my PCV armor for my HECU armor. Maybe use some eva foam accent pieces to make it more armor like.

Planned 2014 Cosplays:
Kiev Klanker
A young Sidrovich?

Avairrianna

Quote from: Rank on February 06, 2011, 01:17:51 AM
Little tip of advice- GET THERE ON TIME.

Last year I was 5-10 minutes late and my class group photo had already been taken :(

I would assume that the gathering will start just as punctually since Ava has volunteered to co-ordinate it again.

Well, this year to help ease the confusion of retaking pics because more people arrived and such we are doing basically 3 mini gatherings. Left 4 Dead is taking pictures first so they better get there earliest. Next all the other games (Portal, Half Life), then Team Fortress.

Hope this works out better this year ^^
Cosplays in work:
?

Steven Universe

Avairrianna

Quote from: Rodney_Pheonix on February 06, 2011, 04:28:47 PM
I'm thinking this, modified some, will work for my PCV armor for my HECU armor. Maybe use some eva foam accent pieces to make it more armor like.

God I love that vest ^^
Cosplays in work:
?

Steven Universe

Mora

Doing both RED and BLU female scout. But for sunday it'll most likely be RED.

Antstep

So exactly where is this located? If anyone had a picture of the general area it would be much appreciated ;D . This will be my first Fanime and i have no clue about the location of anything.

Avairrianna

Quote from: Antstep on February 07, 2011, 05:21:51 PM
So exactly where is this located? If anyone had a picture of the general area it would be much appreciated ;D . This will be my first Fanime and i have no clue about the location of anything.

Don't worry. You'll get a map at Fanime and it's kinda easy to find the gathering. Just walk outside where the fountains are and look for plp dressed in Red and Blue ^^
Cosplays in work:
?

Steven Universe

Aphaestus

Put me down as a tentative Portal character.

I'm planning on doing a male version of Chell and this cosplay will depend on if i can make the portal gun with working lights and stuff.
E-gaming Staffer

Avairrianna

Does the change of days of the cosplay spectacular & black and white ball (Now on Sunday) and the music fest (Now on Saturday) interfere with people???? I've assumed that our gathering is early enough to not interfere but please let me know so that we can change it if need be!
Cosplays in work:
?

Steven Universe

Rodney_Pheonix

No. Not on my end, it just ended up bumping the firefly gathering off over to the Cosplay Hangout room.. wherever that may be. signs seem to be Harvest room on the Hilton side, but that may change too....god I'm going to need a map.

Also, thanks for the comment about the vest. Gotta love paintball/airsoft gear like that.
Planned 2014 Cosplays:
Kiev Klanker
A young Sidrovich?

TuddtFudders

Oi, somthing occured and i cant come so be sure to get me off the list, sorry :c

vixentail

Quote from: Avairrianna on February 14, 2011, 10:42:32 AM
Does the change of days of the cosplay spectacular & black and white ball (Now on Sunday) and the music fest (Now on Saturday) interfere with people???? I've assumed that our gathering is early enough to not interfere but please let me know so that we can change it if need be!

Kind of, as I stated before, but I'll work it out. (: