Valve cosplay gathering 2016!

Started by Avairrianna, September 30, 2009, 05:38:10 PM

CaptainLiHellsing

Can the gathering be a little earlier? I just don't want to keep changing in and out of costumes on the day of the ball.
Fanime 2013 Planned Cosplays:
Fanime Theme (Romantic Vampire)
Lana Kane (Archer)
Snow White (Once Upon a Time)
Rarity (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
Asami (Legend of Korra)

Avairrianna

Quote from: CaptainLiHellsing on February 22, 2011, 12:13:03 AM
Can the gathering be a little earlier? I just don't want to keep changing in and out of costumes on the day of the ball.

If we run any earlier we'll start to merge into the SuperGathering that's before us. You're going as a Spy so Team Fortress would be in the later half of the gathering. If later is worst we can change the picture order and have Team Fortress go first in pictures but that's the best I could do.
Cosplays in work:
?

Gatherings in charge of in 2017:
Steven Universe

vixentail

Actually, I've made changes to my schedule so now the gathering time is perfect.

I want to invite any Valve cosplayers who are interested, to come to the fountain at 11:00 a.m. till 12:30pm before the Valve gathering to see a wedding between The Bride Witch (me) and Keith (yes, we do have a Keith). It's definitely just a crack wedding for fun, but if any of you are free that morning or need something to do, come on over!
You don't have to be Left 4 Dead cosplayers, so no worries there. -actually it would be really awesome to have some spies there and stuff lol-

I made a facebook event page, so here:
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=185739821464586#!/event.php?eid=185739821464586

I hope this post wont upset the maker of this thread, if so I can remove it and make a fanime thread myself.  ;D

Avairrianna

Of course I'm not upset with you posting this! Except I can't read the posting because I don't have a Facebook...

I'll be there!
Cosplays in work:
?

Steven Universe

Antstep

Quote from: vixentail on February 24, 2011, 12:23:23 PM
Actually, I've made changes to my schedule so now the gathering time is perfect.

I want to invite any Valve cosplayers who are interested, to come to the fountain at 11:00 a.m. till 12:30pm before the Valve gathering to see a wedding between The Bride Witch (me) and Keith (yes, we do have a Keith). It's definitely just a crack wedding for fun, but if any of you are free that morning or need something to do, come on over!
You don't have to be Left 4 Dead cosplayers, so no worries there. -actually it would be really awesome to have some spies there and stuff lol-

I made a facebook event page, so here:
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=185739821464586#!/event.php?eid=185739821464586

I hope this post wont upset the maker of this thread, if so I can remove it and make a fanime thread myself.  ;D
I'll be attending and i put myself for attending on the facebook page.  ;D

vixentail

Just a heads up, we might move it to AFTER the Valve gathering, that way any valve people who didn't see it here could be invited.
Depends on what the groom says hurhur~

Halo

Sign me up as Ellis, my friend as a Hunter, and my sister as Keith or Nick -Depending on who she chooses to go as.-
Fanime 2011

Miku [Secret Black Vow]
Ayame [Pokemon Trainer]
Ellis [Left 4 Dead 2]

DeviantART: http://thoshy.deviantart.com/

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/xYakushiKabuto

Avairrianna

NOTICE!

After thinking about it long and hard I've decided that a certain issue needs to be addressed. For the Left 4 Dead cosplays and Demoman: Please reconsider using glass products for your props! We had an issue last year with glass molotovs breaking and it does create tension between us and the Rovers. Although it is technically ok to have them at the outside gathering they are VERY AGAINST THE RULES to carry inside the convention.

For Left 4 Dead please consider a different hand held item to carry instead of the molotov (Pillz, Puke, Medpack, Adenaline{without a needle!} Guns, Melee)

Demoman, I know it's kinda hard to get around the bottle (Cause the guns are ridiculous to make) but there are Breakaway Bottles made out of sugar that are great. Please consider these as an alternative although they still probably can't be carried inside

Thank you everyone for understanding,

Avairrianna
Cosplays in work:
?

Steven Universe

Rodney_Pheonix

Puke can be made easily: Take a clear Nalgene bottle fill with mountain dew and slap on a biohazard label. They're about the right size too and don't shatter unless shot with a high caliber firearm or run over with a freight train .....I can attest to that bit about the firearm and the train.
Personal FanimeCon 2015 Fund: ?/?
Planned 2014 Cosplays:
Kiev Klanker
A young Sidrovich?
HL2 Combine (concept art trenchcoat one)
Something something....no idea yet.

Halo

My sister will be going as Keith ^^.

Also, I would like to ask the zoey's on here.

I am female; and I'm assuming at least one Zoey will be female. Would it be ok (As I will be Ellis) to 'claim my love' to one of you? I thought it would be quite fun to catch on video, but I would never want to fighten or offend one of my fellow cosplayers.
No odd touching will be invlolved, of course! More of a horriblely sung song in a hick accent and perhaps a rose.

Thank you very much <3
Fanime 2011

Miku [Secret Black Vow]
Ayame [Pokemon Trainer]
Ellis [Left 4 Dead 2]

DeviantART: http://thoshy.deviantart.com/

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/xYakushiKabuto

vixentail

Quote from: Halo on March 14, 2011, 09:14:06 PM

I am female; and I'm assuming at least one Zoey will be female. Would it be ok (As I will be Ellis) to 'claim my love' to one of you? I thought it would be quite fun to catch on video, but I would never want to fighten or offend one of my fellow cosplayers.
No odd touching will be invlolved, of course! More of a horriblely sung song in a hick accent and perhaps a rose.

Thank you very much <3

I'm sure my Zoey wouldn't mind. I'll ask her. c:

Avairrianna

Quote from: Halo on March 14, 2011, 09:14:06 PM

Thank you very much <3

Lol, I approve. At least you said no odd touching! When I was cosplaying Franziska von Karma from Phoenix Wright I was approached by a Andrian Andrews to take some pictures and she just grabs me and swings me down and kisses me @_@ We had to redo the pose like a million times cause people wanted pictures...... It wasn't that I minded but I wasn't expecting THAT!
Cosplays in work:
?

Steven Universe

Sofa

Might come in as RED spy, or vagineer if it ends up working.

Rank

Spontaneous progress shot of the Blutsauger I'm making to keep the thread aliieeeve

It looks small because the image is small but I can assure you it takes two hands to hold this thing.

Avairrianna

Quote from: Rank on March 29, 2011, 05:05:50 AM
Spontaneous progress shot of the Blutsauger I'm making to keep the thread aliieeeve

It looks small because the image is small but I can assure you it takes two hands to hold this thing.

OMG THAT IS F*CKING AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cosplays in work:
?

Steven Universe

Antstep

Quote from: Rank on March 29, 2011, 05:05:50 AM

Dude that looks spectacular. I could never do that XD

DerangedDingo

Hello everyone!
Last year I was the Red Sniper with a hunting vest but I believe that this year I will be coming along as a pyro of either color.
I will also be bringing my friend along as a Spy, and another as an Engineer.

Cant wait to meet up with everyone again!
Cosplays in the making:
Pyro- 89%
Milk Carton- 50%
Bro-lita- 0%

Avairrianna

Quote from: DerangedDingo on April 08, 2011, 03:14:23 PM
Hello everyone!
Last year I was the Red Sniper with a hunting vest but I believe that this year I will be coming along as a pyro of either color.
I will also be bringing my friend along as a Spy, and another as an Engineer.

Cant wait to meet up with everyone again!

What side are your friends on? And let me know your color when you know.
Cosplays in work:
?

Steven Universe

Brutal

I will be attending! I'm going as the BLU Scout's Mom
;)

I'm cosplaying Zoey but I'm not planning to do it during the gathering.
But if you see a Zoey walking around with a Louis that's probably me :P

2012 Cosplays ยป Zoey | Scout's Mom | Caroline | Rebecca Chambers | Panty | Miku

Avairrianna

Quote from: Brutal on April 11, 2011, 09:52:24 PM
I will be attending! I'm going as the BLU Scout's Mom
;)

I'm cosplaying Zoey but I'm not planning to do it during the gathering.
But if you see a Zoey walking around with a Louis that's probably me :P

Awesome! I'm cosplaying Zoey too on Thursday and Friday for Swap Meet! I'll have a Bill with me.
Cosplays in work:
?

Steven Universe