Valve cosplay gathering 2016!

Started by Avairrianna, September 30, 2009, 05:38:10 PM

Rodney_Pheonix

See... normally I like dealing with the chinese because they're startlingly efficient, however in this case it pisses me off.

I ordered my tac vest back on the fifth....no information about it being shipped or anything, I send in a query, find out it's been out of stock and whatnot, no problem. Wish the e-mail that they'd "sent" back on the 7th of may had shown up telling me that.

They barely shipped it Friday...and are saying expect 14-20 days for shipping.........This... pisses...me...off.
Personal FanimeCon 2015 Fund: ?/?
Planned 2014 Cosplays:
Kiev Klanker
A young Sidrovich?
HL2 Combine (concept art trenchcoat one)
Something something....no idea yet.

kennyreaver

Okay. wow. i'm so late getting to this.
BUT.
I have a few people to sign up cause their being really lazy :C
ahah
SO

we have
KennyReaver; Keith L4D2
Raenien; Ellis L4D2
Spica_PI_16; Rochelle; L4D2
Nicoruu; BLU fem!Heavy; TF2

and!
super important!!

me (keith) and a bride witch are having a wedding following the event and we would like people to come, it's going to be a photoshoot and an after gathering.
to be in the wedding you have to be in L4D cosplay, but everyon is welcome to attend and watch!!
spread the word, and find me (keith) in red coveralls and completely covered in injuries at the VALVe meetup if you have questions.
i'll be 'proposing' to the witch at the gathering so the wedding will follow C:
here is the facebook meet up page and info.
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=185739821464586
THANKS C:
teheh

Rizumi

Quote from: Aktsuko on May 11, 2011, 11:00:33 PM
My best friend & I are going to show up in the gathering. Our cosplays a secret and it involves Valve.
We want to keep it secret until a week or less before Fanime. :3
We're very excited for this gathering alone!
I also have another friend cosplaying with us.
So that's me, my friend (previously stated), and now my other friend (Sayu [not on forums]).
On Wed. they wanna say what our costumes are. @__@;

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
☈ ▦ ▦ Insta • • ⇝
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
= = = = = =

Geno

Quote from: badkarma87 on May 17, 2011, 11:04:46 PM
Going to be dressing up as a resistance rebel from Half-Life 2.  8)

Nice, I won't be the only rebel. :D

Geno

Quote from: ININ on May 22, 2011, 02:25:40 AM
The weather has been inconsistent the last two years.  Fanime '09 the weather was unseasonable cooler; in particular, the entire Bleach gathering was cloudy and cool.  Fanime '10 was unseasonable warmer than usual with highs in the upper 80s.  IIRC, Fanime '08 was warm.  The weather is not summer SoCal Los Angles Pyro flamethrower hot lol! ;)

San Jose weather has been on the cooler side this year.  It rained last week around Mon May 16.

Thanks for the heads up, yea weather up here in Nor Cal has been pretty inconsistent as well. It was in the 90's last week but it rained the other day. o.0 I'm hoping it stays in the 70-80's when I get down to San Jose.

nnykhol

What IS this? I feel like we should be apart of this, BUT I DUNNO.
(lulimanoob)
Me an' a few friends are goin'. I'll be a RED Scout an' one of my friends'll be a BLU Spy fersure.
The others may be somethin', but they suck so Idk D:
fffffffffffff

Aphaestus

Well, the portal gun that i was making didn't turn out how i wanted it to. I suck at fiberglassing and there's so many jagged ends. I'll still come to the gathering as a Test Subject with no gun. Oo
E-gaming Staffer

Rodney_Pheonix

Vest shipped yesterday, presumably it's going by air, so.... hits stateside tonight at the latest, sent to bakersfield tomorrow...and arrives Thursday afternoon... not waiting on Friday for a package since the post gets here usually in the late afternoon.
Planned 2014 Cosplays:
Kiev Klanker
A young Sidrovich?

Nosferatu

I'll be wandering around as RED Pyro again.
Fanime 2014: Mass Effect fem!Shep still incomplete. No cosplay this year.

bishounenizer

I can make it! and I'll be cosplaying as GLADOS from Portal.

Rizumi

Okay. They want me to tell everyone now.
I'm doing GLaDOS
My friend, Niiru, is doing Wheatley
and my friend Sayu is doing Chell.
Woot woot Portal 1 & 2~

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
☈ ▦ ▦ Insta • • ⇝
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
= = = = = =

Rodney_Pheonix

...so....it managed to vanish off the tracking radar on a flight to the U.S....Dammit. I might instead be a hunter.
Planned 2014 Cosplays:
Kiev Klanker
A young Sidrovich?

mowse

I'll be bringing my Witch Bride costume back this year since I missed the gathering last year due to a family reunion. See you all there.
I have a plan! Quick! Give me you pants!

Rodney_Pheonix

And vest did not arrive today.... ......I will stop at a hobby sportshop and see if I can get something on the drive up tomorrow.
Planned 2014 Cosplays:
Kiev Klanker
A young Sidrovich?

nnykhol

My bat never came in the mail, so no Sandman :(
fffffffffffff

Cliff Nordman

Quote from: mowse on May 26, 2011, 01:42:17 PM
I'll be bringing my Witch Bride costume back this year since I missed the gathering last year due to a family reunion. See you all there.
For a moment I thought you typed WitchBlade.

DerangedDingo

ALRIGHT! Blu pyro cosplay done! Homewrecker built, New flaregun made, Friends with hotel room acquired! Woot! I will be on my way tomorrow. See everyone sunday!
Cosplays in the making:
Pyro- 89%
Milk Carton- 50%
Bro-lita- 0%

Teamster

Ladies and Gentlemen!

Late to the game, which is to say, after the game, but I was there as the Southern-talkin' Ellis. The one with the gray coveralls tied about my waist, and the orange chainsaw. I was also present at the 2010 meetup as a blue spy with a Yaranaika mask.

Thanks to everyone who showed up, and especially to my fellow L4D and L4D2 cosplayers! I had a blast hanging out in and out of character. Special thanks to the Zoey I proposed to with pills, and the Louis for lending me his shotgun in a time of need.

Thank you all, and if at all possible, if anyone has any photos they got of me, I'd love to get/see them if I could! Message me here or through AIM/MSN/whateveryouwant.

Rodney_Pheonix

Apparently my camera died midway through the TF2 portion of the gather, but someone said they'd e-mail me photos of the gathering.
Planned 2014 Cosplays:
Kiev Klanker
A young Sidrovich?

Welldweller

I was A zoey, sadly I hadn't brought my guns that day :(