Valve cosplay gathering 2016!

Started by Avairrianna, September 30, 2009, 05:38:10 PM

Geno

WOW, that was my first con EVAR! I've got to say I'm hooked. I came with a bunch of buddies and I had a friend use my camera to get photos of the Valve meetup. I'm backing up the photos as we speak. I'll try to post some photos as soon as I can. Thanks everyone, you guys really did an amazing job.

Foxberry

Hi everyone, I was the beatnik blue fem spy from the gathering, my boyfriend was the red sniper with the Larrikin Robin.
I will post photos as soon as I can.

Rizumi

My Wheatley has a few pictures from the Valve gathering hopefully since one of my friends in my group grabbed his camera to take pictures.
I'm sorry to say that my friend Sayu couldn't make it as Chell due to ride issues. :C

Anyone have pictures of Wheatley & GLaDOS with 2-toned/color hair?
Too bad my orbs had color in darkness @___@;

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
☈ ▦ ▦ Insta • • ⇝
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
= = = = = =

Jebus

Quote from: Teamster on May 29, 2011, 06:21:17 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen!

Late to the game, which is to say, after the game, but I was there as the Southern-talkin' Ellis. The one with the gray coveralls tied about my waist, and the orange chainsaw. I was also present at the 2010 meetup as a blue spy with a Yaranaika mask.

Thanks to everyone who showed up, and especially to my fellow L4D and L4D2 cosplayers! I had a blast hanging out in and out of character. Special thanks to the Zoey I proposed to with pills, and the Louis for lending me his shotgun in a time of need.

Thank you all, and if at all possible, if anyone has any photos they got of me, I'd love to get/see them if I could! Message me here or through AIM/MSN/whateveryouwant.

sweet, i was the nick cosplayer. really was a hell of a gathering, wish there was more time to hang out and joke around. would have tried to be more in character but i had issues making sure i could even get to fanime so there was only so much i could do. definitely wouldnt mind doing it again next year

luffy77

Loved the turn out for the valve gathering and everyone had amazing costumes.  If you were in the gathering and didn't get any pics of you on your camera there is a good chance I have some pics of you since I took a close to 200 pics at the gathering.  Let me know if you want any. 

Teamster

Quote from: luffy77 on May 31, 2011, 03:34:09 AM
Loved the turn out for the valve gathering and everyone had amazing costumes.  If you were in the gathering and didn't get any pics of you on your camera there is a good chance I have some pics of you since I took a close to 200 pics at the gathering.  Let me know if you want any. 

I'd love some of the L4D and L4D2 sections, my friends weren't able to take that many/good quality pictures.

Avairrianna

Hi everyone! Great gathering you'all! If you did take pictures or had friends take pictures please link them in this forum. Thank you to everyone who came out and looked amazing!

Hopefully see everyone in 2012!
Cosplays in work:
?

Gatherings in charge of in 2017:
Steven Universe

mowse

I have a plan! Quick! Give me you pants!

ManchesterCA

Quote from: Aktsuko on May 30, 2011, 11:55:17 PM
My Wheatley has a few pictures from the Valve gathering hopefully since one of my friends in my group grabbed his camera to take pictures.

All the pictures I took are up on my FB right now and working on getting some up on cosplay.com :D.

I was the Companion Cube Head guy, wewt.

We really need a place where we can all upload pics from the gathering haha as it would be fun to have the entire Portal group shot.
Cosplays; Dan Hibiki (SF IV) / Steampunk / Companion Cube Head (Portal)

Rizumi

Quote from: ManchesterCA on May 31, 2011, 03:25:36 PM
Quote from: Aktsuko on May 30, 2011, 11:55:17 PM

All the pictures I took are up on my FB right now and working on getting some up on cosplay.com :D.

We really need a place where we can all upload pics from the gathering haha as it would be fun to have the entire Portal group shot.
Ah! I remember you!~
Thank you for letting us borrow your cube. xD

I'm currently uploading them to my main facebook for now. Want me to e-mail you what photos we have? If so, shoot me a msg with your e-mail. :D

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
☈ ▦ ▦ Insta • • ⇝
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
= = = = = =

mowse

I'd love to see the pics that people got. Got a bit of the con plague going so I won't be able to get mine up for a while, but when I do I'll be sure to post a link.
I have a plan! Quick! Give me you pants!

Jebus

oh yeah btw if anyone thought i was ignoring them when i was taking that case of water to my room on sunday, i had already given out a few and couldnt spare any more. also, it was carrying it on my head and wanted the weight off my skull. especially since i wasted like 2 minutes with a staffer telling me i had to go get a peacebond (wooden sword) when i was quite obviously not going to be swinging the thing around. trust me, i would have stopped, if only to be a bit nicer, but id already been walking like 20 minutes with that thing and wanted the case gone. particularly because i had to lug the last case up 8 flights of stairs

luffy77

Quote from: Teamster on May 31, 2011, 06:36:23 AM

I'd love some of the L4D and L4D2 sections, my friends weren't able to take that many/good quality pictures.

Here is some of the left 4 dead pics.  I have some more if you like the quality of these.  I have 267 pics from the valve gathering so if anybody didnt get something or you know someone who didnt get a pic of what they wanted let me know and I might have it.

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb231/toddx77/eliscs.jpg

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb231/toddx77/zombie1.jpg

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb231/toddx77/l4d21.jpg

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb231/toddx77/l4d22.jpg

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb231/toddx77/l4d1.jpg

Teamster

Quote from: luffy77 on May 31, 2011, 08:44:28 PM
Quote from: Teamster on May 31, 2011, 06:36:23 AM

Here is some of the left 4 dead pics.  I have some more if you like the quality of these.  I have 267 pics from the valve gathering so if anybody didnt get something or you know someone who didnt get a pic of what they wanted let me know and I might have it.

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb231/toddx77/eliscs.jpg

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb231/toddx77/zombie1.jpg

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb231/toddx77/l4d21.jpg

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb231/toddx77/l4d22.jpg

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb231/toddx77/l4d1.jpg

Yes please! I'll message you with my email. I love these photos, particularly that sneer of mine, and the zombies. Great photos!

Rank

Was awesome seeing you all again! And as last year, Avi did a fantastic job of organizing. I especially loved the hat trading snap, hahah.

I didn't get that many photos because the LAST thing I want to do is lug around MORE stuff while I'm holding a rocket launcher, so if you've got any pictures of me and/or my medic (I'm the RED soldier gal), I'd loooove to see them.

I already can't wait to see you all next year :D

Rodney_Pheonix

I'll throw all the photos I got up on photobucket in a day or so, been busy with work and I feel like I'm coming down with a cold.
Personal FanimeCon 2015 Fund: ?/?
Planned 2014 Cosplays:
Kiev Klanker
A young Sidrovich?
HL2 Combine (concept art trenchcoat one)
Something something....no idea yet.

Geno

Quote from: Rank on June 01, 2011, 12:51:19 PM
Was awesome seeing you all again! And as last year, Avi did a fantastic job of organizing. I especially loved the hat trading snap, hahah.

I didn't get that many photos because the LAST thing I want to do is lug around MORE stuff while I'm holding a rocket launcher, so if you've got any pictures of me and/or my medic (I'm the RED soldier gal), I'd loooove to see them.

I already can't wait to see you all next year :D

Haha, I remember you! You were the girl with the EPIC rocket launcher! You were with the Medic right? You guys made the guns from scratch right? I've got a few pics of you I had my friends take. Right now I'm editing a few videos out of the footage I got from Fanime. I'll post a link to the photos later. I have a ton of questions for you about how you put your cosplay together as well. I wanted to take you out to lunch so we could talk about it I was so impressed!

Brutal

Quote from: ManchesterCA on May 31, 2011, 03:25:36 PM

I added you on facebook! hope that's ok :D I really wanted your picture but I didn't get the time too! Ahh sad face!
My name on facebook is Sonya Vera!

2012 Cosplays » Zoey | Scout's Mom | Caroline | Rebecca Chambers | Panty | Miku

jacktchance

Don't forget to join the Steam group guys.   :P

Geno

Okay guys, I have a special treat for you all...tomorrow. I just finished editing a Day 0 and Day 1 of FanimeCon 2011 vid. I'll post a link here tomorrow with a few Day 0 & 1 pics connected with flickr (possibly). I'm very busy so next week I'll have Day 2 & 3 which will have our VALVE gathering (mostly photos as I had a friend cover that part for me)! I put about 8 hours of editing for a 4 and a half minute video. Hope you guys enjoy it. I'll post the link tomorrowz. :D Make sure to leave some comments ESPECIALLY if you are in the video!