Convention Terminology

Started by hikikomori3, October 05, 2009, 07:09:23 PM

hikikomori3

ok, so my friend and I were wondering if there were any sort of "anime vocabulary words" for certain things

the only word we know pretty much is... glomp...

are there any other words that would be useful to know?

like, what would you call that one otaku who buys too much stuff?

what do you call the action of buying something from a vendor because you made eye contact with him/her and you dont want to make him/her feel bad?

what would you call someone who has an epic fail cosplay?

what would you call a fat cosplayer?

what do you call those people who line up and hold up those signs that say "hug me" or "free hugs"?

what would you call a cosplayer dressing up as a character of the opposite sex?

what would you call those people that always seem to be sitting down?

what would you call that person who just looks at everything and buys nothing?

these are just some of the things that I have a feeling there are words for...

would anybody happen to know if there are words for these things? or perhaps if there are more terms besides these that I'm missing?

PyronIkari

Uh...

Quote from: hikikomori3 on October 05, 2009, 07:09:23 PM
tlike, what would you call that one otaku who buys too much stuff?
... an otaku. ... Am I missing something here? Or are the US animu people trying to change words again...

Quotewhat do you call the action of buying something from a vendor because you made eye contact with him/her and you dont want to make him/her feel bad?
Being pathetic? THis has nothing to even do with conventions or anime, or anything special. This is a common occurrence anywhere.

Quotewhat would you call someone who has an epic fail cosplay?
Bad cosplay...

Quotewhat would you call a fat cosplayer?
Fat.

Quotewhat do you call those people who line up and hold up those signs that say "hug me" or "free hugs"?
Pathetic

Quotewhat would you call a cosplayer dressing up as a character of the opposite sex?
Some people use "crossplayer". I think that's untrue for the most part, because some people only do it like once, where as the term is more for someone who does it a lot.

Quotewhat would you call those people that always seem to be sitting down?
Lazy? Tired?

Quotewhat would you call that person who just looks at everything and buys nothing?
Huh?

Why even bother putting labels and stuff on things like that? It's counter-productive and just leads to more desegregation and elitism. Because seriously... that's all the convention scene needs... more elitism.