Interracial Couple Refused Marriage License in Louisiana

Started by deonchan, October 16, 2009, 10:03:32 AM

deonchan

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,567120,00.html?test=latestnews

As someone that's in a (very happy mind you) interracial marriage, this offends me to no end. In this day and age who has the right to deny the union of a man and a woman in matrimony?! I understand that racism is alive and (sadly) well in this country but this one takes the cake! IMO this JotP should be investigated big time and possibly removed.
Calvin...

Rovers
Suits
Musicfest
Ops Div

david

One more reason why I don't plan on ever going to Louisiana.

Steve.Young

Now have this be a gay marriage debate and the country would be less shocked and appalled. Double standards ftw.
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

ewu

watched "Milk" a few days ago. At one time there was a movement in every state against gays. one part of me says look how far we have gone. the other says have we really and wonders how far we still have to go.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Haruka

Quote from: ewu on October 28, 2009, 01:37:26 AM
watched "Milk" a few days ago. At one time there was a movement in every state against gays. one part of me says look how far we have gone. the other says have we really and wonders how far we still have to go.

There still is a national movement against homosexuals.  How many states currently have Gay Marriage as a law?  How many have since been repealed or voted down?  We still have a LONG way to go.  Women are now the dominant gender in the workforce and yet still make 80% of what men make for the same work.  Isn't there a law against this somewhere?
Join me at Ani-Jam 2011 in Fresno, CA.  August 20-21