Swap Meet 2010

Started by Lizchan33, October 18, 2009, 06:11:01 AM

Lizchan33

Just a little curious as to when the sign ups and what not might start. I haven't heard any news yet and I want to participate in the swap meet this year. Thanks everyone :D

ewu

It's still very early. I don't think information will be going out until February or March. Look for it then.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Lizchan33

Quote from: ewu on October 18, 2009, 08:55:38 AM
It's still very early. I don't think information will be going out until February or March. Look for it then.
Thank you!
To be honest, I don't expect much of anything til at least January since nothing is really available

Persona

I have an unrelated question about Swap Meet and didn't want to create a new thread for it since the title is general enough.

Has anyone ever tried selling anything expensive (~90) and/or rare and was successful selling it? I have a completed Rei garage kit and some other uncompleted garage kits that are a bit more expensive than what's usually sold at swap meets and wanted to know if they are worth bringing.

Roguethe

Quote from: Persona on January 31, 2010, 10:14:36 PM
I have an unrelated question about Swap Meet and didn't want to create a new thread for it since the title is general enough.

Has anyone ever tried selling anything expensive (~90) and/or rare and was successful selling it? I have a completed Rei garage kit and some other uncompleted garage kits that are a bit more expensive than what's usually sold at swap meets and wanted to know if they are worth bringing.
I was able to sell a PSP last year for 80. So it might be possible. C,8 I might be interested in a Rei figure either way. I collect figures of her, among others.

I draw sometimessss

VanessaAyukawa

I sold a Wii two years ago. I also a Char Aznable doll for around 120.00. I got what I paid for and was happy with that! XD

Persona

Cool, thanks! Also, if you're interested in the figure now, go ahead and PM me =) I also have a chibi-Alucard that I completed myself, and a new, unopened Kagami figma.

Quote from: Rogue-Ayanami on February 01, 2010, 07:44:59 AM

I was able to sell a PSP last year for 80. So it might be possible. C,8 I might be interested in a Rei figure either way. I collect figures of her, among others.

Ecchi ja Nai

I won't mention what the actual product was, but I sold an item last year for $80.  People will definitely have cash on them at swap meet looking for good deals - I know I will.  I think you have to keep two things in mind when it comes to higher-end/priced items: is it a good price for what you're selling compared to new/retail price or is it a hard to find item that even hours on ebay won't turn up at a fair price.

That said, I'm really hoping this year will have a great turnout for swap meet.  I've had three boxes in my room ready to go for the last couple months, and I can hardly wait for May to come around.

DayDreamerNessa

i hope to possibly do the swap meet this year! I did it couple years back, and enjoyed it a lot, so i'll have to keep an ey out for when the info goes up :D!

I tried selling pricey items, but wasn't too successful, people were more interested in getting stuff for dirt cheap than anything else lol! and i don't blame them, cause when i browse the swap meet that's what i look for, and a lot of the things i have interest in aren't always sold in the dealers room too.
++ Visit my cosplay website below ++
++ http://www.eternaldaydream.com ++

Persona

Quote from: Ecchi ja Nai on February 04, 2010, 09:52:14 PM
I won't mention what the actual product was, but I sold an item last year for $80.  People will definitely have cash on them at swap meet looking for good deals - I know I will.  I think you have to keep two things in mind when it comes to higher-end/priced items: is it a good price for what you're selling compared to new/retail price or is it a hard to find item that even hours on ebay won't turn up at a fair price.

That said, I'm really hoping this year will have a great turnout for swap meet.  I've had three boxes in my room ready to go for the last couple months, and I can hardly wait for May to come around.

That's cool. I mostly just have a lot of stuff acquired over the years (ironically, at Fanime) that I don't want anymore but don't want to sell for too dirt cheap -- things like plushies, CDs, games, among other smaller knickknacks. I suppose I'd just have to get lucky on those.

Oh yeah, how well do Japanese-language materials fare at swapmeet? Things like old magazines, manga, etc?

Lizchan33

I remember last year I saw a street fighter fight stick... very hard to find in stores even... for 200 I think. Retail those are like 130 or so... not sure if it sold. But I know a lot of Japanese language stuff does fairly decent.
I've gathered up so many thing to sell, Japanese, English, signed, and then some.... I really can't wait....

Hachimitsu

Quote from: DayDreamerNessa on February 06, 2010, 04:53:14 AM
i hope to possibly do the swap meet this year! I did it couple years back, and enjoyed it a lot, so i'll have to keep an ey out for when the info goes up :D!

I tried selling pricey items, but wasn't too successful, people were more interested in getting stuff for dirt cheap than anything else lol! and i don't blame them, cause when i browse the swap meet that's what i look for, and a lot of the things i have interest in aren't always sold in the dealers room too.
have you tried thinking over ideas that people want to combined other items? (there was a name for that erh, bartel? or was it bargain O_o.... erh its when they want one item but they want another item for like 80% of the price worth!...

Kyra_Maverick

Haggling? Where someone tries to talk you down in price pointing out flaws in the item or comparing it to a similar item of lesser value.

Bartering is trading items to equal the cost of the item you want.

Hachimitsu

I really am kinda affraid asking this question to anyone but maybe someone can better explain me how the new system works!
They mention about a number system that I was'nt aware of and im curious how does it really work?

another question is do I need to send an email confirmation for "yes I  am still interested to the swap meet? or have they already known that?"

sunrise-oasis

Quote from: Hachimitsu-ink on April 27, 2010, 12:04:06 PM
I really am kinda afraid asking this question to anyone but maybe someone can better explain me how the new system works!
They mention about a number system that I wasn't aware of and im curious how does it really work?

another question is do I need to send an email confirmation for "yes I  am still interested to the swap meet? or have they already known that?"

Don't worry about the line so much!
They will ask for your id and call a number from you. I know your in the wait list because of this question. My advise is try not to worry about this so much. I am very sure you are still in since your the first 10 people in the wait list!.
as for confirmation, if you need to make a change i think its best to notify them as early as possible but I am not so sure if your planning to  change from full to half, be advise, I really don't think it will make a difference for increasing your chances, your just increasing their chances for a spot! :-[