Gurren Lagann The Movie 2 in San Francisco Nov 17 & 18

Started by Barnes, October 27, 2009, 01:02:37 AM

lyricaldanichan

11/18 showing had no issues and the theatre was packed. This was totally worth seeing it in a theatre and the sound system rocked as well. You think the TV series was 10x awesome.. the 2nd movie was 1000x more awesome and epic.

I hope that people stayed after the credits for the 2nd movie, it added a bit more to the ending.

Stormfalcon

Quote from: Mizuki on November 18, 2009, 12:24:22 AM
When was the last time there was a gathering of American anime fans in one spot, and the majority of people were actually considerate?! And good lord, at a movie theater!

I would have to say that it's not so much anime fans in particular as it is movie audiences in general that are rude and inconsiderate and theater managers/owners letting those audiences get away with it so long as they get their ticket and concession incomes.
My Cosplay Photography gallery, including FanimeCon 2001-2014:
http://stormfalcon.smugmug.com/CosplayPhotography

My DeviantArt Page:
http://stormfalcon.deviantart.com

PyronIkari

Quote from: Stormfalcon on November 22, 2009, 11:42:48 AM
Quote from: Mizuki on November 18, 2009, 12:24:22 AM
When was the last time there was a gathering of American anime fans in one spot, and the majority of people were actually considerate?! And good lord, at a movie theater!

I would have to say that it's not so much anime fans in particular as it is movie audiences in general that are rude and inconsiderate and theater managers/owners letting those audiences get away with it so long as they get their ticket and concession incomes.

This is hardly true at all. I've gone/go to many movies. The large large large majority of the time, patrons are really respectful. If they talk it's a very very low whisper. The only time this isn't true, is when I go to "ghetto" areas. But that's a different subject all together.

Anime fans however... I've gone to plenty of screening rooms and video rooms at cons. The huge majority of the time, they are extremely rude and obnoxious. It makes sense seeing that most anime fans are socially awkward people to begin with though.