Gurren Lagann The Movie 2 in San Francisco Nov 17 & 18

Started by Barnes, October 27, 2009, 01:02:37 AM

Barnes

Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

Virtual

Why are you hype? any problem? tell me as a friend, may be i will solve your problem. trust me

Barnes

Lol, from what I hear, this sequel is supposedly made of awesome. Let's just say that some pics I've seen are enough to convince me to go see it.
But I'll need a round trip ride for either of the nights it's playing. I'm thinking of going on wed. the 18th.
Yay, Haruko.

JohnnyAR

Quote from: Barnes on October 27, 2009, 10:31:58 AM
Lol, from what I hear, this sequel is supposedly made of awesome. Let's just say that some pics I've seen are enough to convince me to go see it.
But I'll need a round trip ride for either of the nights it's playing. I'm thinking of going on wed. the 18th.

I'm totally psyched about it! Hopefully it'll be shown at more theaters than Eva Rebuild did.

*crosses fingers*

Please be at San Jose! Please be at San Jose!

Barnes

Tickets are now available. Hmmm, I would order my ticket now, but with no ride offers so far, I don't wanna risk $11.30 right now. Guess I should wait before I order.

QuotePlease be at San Jose! Please be at San Jose!

Agreed.
Yay, Haruko.

Lonelykangta

Forever lonely

lyricaldanichan

It is only going to be in SF at Viz Cinema. Only time it would be in San Jose is *IF* fanimecon is showing it. I can't wait to see it as well!

JohnnyAR

Quote from: lyricaldanichan on October 31, 2009, 09:46:38 PM
It is only going to be in SF at Viz Cinema. Only time it would be in San Jose is *IF* fanimecon is showing it. I can't wait to see it as well!

NOOOOOO! Damn not again!

*sobs*

God91125

lyricaldanichan

Tickets are now on sale, $15 to see both movies. Not bad considering it is only showing for those two days. Looking forward to seeing it and the theater is pretty spiffy.

narutofan17

Tsunade! Where are you?!! I promise I don't bite.

Fanime 2010 Costume:
Jiraiya
King Dedede
Kenpachi
Arlong
BLACK JIRAIYA!!!!!

PrimeraEspada1

cosplay for fanime 010:
Starrk (Los Lobos?)
Asuma

PyronIkari

I saw this tonight with Jun and one of our maids Yomi.

Blah blah movie was awesome blah blah...

I HATE ANIME FANS. God damn it... they talked during the entire movie, tried to make as many stupid ass references as they could, and would not freaking shut up. Even Rikizo(age 9) was getting annoyed at how noisy and stupid people were being. I can understand laughing during funny parts, cheering during awesome parts, and the such. But god damned people need to learn how to shut the hell up. Just because the movie is subtitled doesn't mean you can constantly talk. It was annoying for Rikizo and myself, because we COULDN'T SEE THE SUBTITLES a good majority of the movie. He's fluent JP, his JP is probably better than his English, and we couldn't hear crap because of people during a lot of the scenes.

lyricaldanichan

Anybody going to tomorrows showing? Figured it would be less crowded then Tuesday.

sonicspin

Quote from: PyronIkari on November 17, 2009, 11:20:58 PM
I saw this tonight with Jun and one of our maids Yomi.

Blah blah movie was awesome blah blah...

I HATE ANIME FANS. God damn it... they talked during the entire movie, tried to make as many stupid ass references as they could, and would not freaking shut up. Even Rikizo(age 9) was getting annoyed at how noisy and stupid people were being. I can understand laughing during funny parts, cheering during awesome parts, and the such. But god damned people need to learn how to shut the hell up. Just because the movie is subtitled doesn't mean you can constantly talk. It was annoying for Rikizo and myself, because we COULDN'T SEE THE SUBTITLES a good majority of the movie. He's fluent JP, his JP is probably better than his English, and we couldn't hear crap because of people during a lot of the scenes.

I was at the event, and could hear just fine with the speakers being so loud. I did notice chatting, but it wasn't at a level as high as my high school Japanese club. Then again, I was at the back, so maybe it was less chatty there. Other than the ED sequence, I was pretty fine with the amount. Oh, as for laughing and cheering, it's kind of expected since it's TTGL.

PyronIkari

Quote from: sonicspin on November 17, 2009, 11:41:20 PM
I was at the event, and could hear just fine with the speakers being so loud. I did notice chatting, but it wasn't at a level as high as my high school Japanese club. Then again, I was at the back, so maybe it was less chatty there. Other than the ED sequence, I was pretty fine with the amount. Oh, as for laughing and cheering, it's kind of expected since it's TTGL.

So... because it's an anime event that's energetic, we should assume that people won't have basic manners?

Sadly... I'm starting to agree with this.

Mizuki

When was the last time there was a gathering of American anime fans in one spot, and the majority of people were actually considerate?! And good lord, at a movie theater!

Barnes

Based on what you three said, I'm kinda tempted to just wait and import the dvd when it comes out.
Yay, Haruko.

PyronIkari

Quote from: Barnes on November 18, 2009, 05:51:05 PM
Based on what you three said, I'm kinda tempted to just wait and import the dvd when it comes out.
The movie is definitely worth watching, and in a theater, it's awesome... I just wished people weren't such inconsiderate dumbasses.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: PyronIkari on November 18, 2009, 06:58:33 PM
Quote from: Barnes on November 18, 2009, 05:51:05 PM
The movie is definitely worth watching, and in a theater, it's awesome... I just wished people weren't such inconsiderate dumbasses.

That will never happen =P

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.