Lolita Gathering/Picnic Thanks for coming and Please post Picture links from '12

Started by Lizchan33, November 02, 2009, 09:12:15 PM

Nina Star 9

I use those at home, but they are impractical for bringing to a con (might get lost or stolen, heavy, nowhere to fill it up, etc.). Besides, if I brought one, then I'd be the only one at the picnic with water, unless everyone brought one.

Sometimes, plastic bottles are simply more practical.

Besides, if i had a metal one, I'd have to get it peacebonded. Live steel and all.  ;)

Lizchan33

Quote from: Nina Star 9 on January 31, 2011, 08:17:37 PM
Besides, if i had a metal one, I'd have to get it peacebonded. Live steel and all.  ;)

Epic!
xD

But really I try but last time I didn't have a good chance to buy water D:
I think I'll go to costco before the picnic this time...
I can't buy a bunch but I'll do my best... I got a 5$ donation last year xD

Nina Star 9

If you can't bring a bunch, then I'll bring a case, and we'll get another volunterr to bring another case. Problem solved. :D

Did you ask for donations last year? I always donate around $5 when you ask. ;o;

Lizchan33

Quote from: Nina Star 9 on February 01, 2011, 08:06:51 AM
If you can't bring a bunch, then I'll bring a case, and we'll get another volunterr to bring another case. Problem solved. :D

Did you ask for donations last year? I always donate around $5 when you ask. ;o;

I had my little box up but no one saw it >_<
I got a 5$ donation via paypal xD

I know I'll be heading by costco for snacks and stuff for the whole weekend so....
(Directed at everyone) If you want me to pick up something paypal me money and let me know xD

Lizchan33

I'm not looking forward to Fanime food shopping.....
I need a job D:
I can't move out of stockton lame..... D:

SabienStrange

i would love to attend this, so i'll do my best to be there. o wo
i've already taken the survey, and i personally have no problem with this being held on sunday,
but someone mentioning that they were leaving saturday evening,
and it had me thinking that people might be trying to get ready to leave on sunday.
so maybe saturday might not be such a bad switch?
unless we were trying to avoid being crowded by larger gatherings?

as far as what to bring, i'm down with bringing cases of water,
because that's fairly important to have.
i'll see how my financial situation looks closer to the con before i start promising to bring other things.
i'm coming from socal, and that drive's gonna be a gas/sanity killer. ;Dx

Lizchan33

Quote from: SabienStrange on February 08, 2011, 04:05:19 AM
i would love to attend this, so i'll do my best to be there. o wo
i've already taken the survey, and i personally have no problem with this being held on sunday,
but someone mentioning that they were leaving saturday evening,
and it had me thinking that people might be trying to get ready to leave on sunday.
so maybe saturday might not be such a bad switch?
unless we were trying to avoid being crowded by larger gatherings?

as far as what to bring, i'm down with bringing cases of water,
because that's fairly important to have.
i'll see how my financial situation looks closer to the con before i start promising to bring other things.
i'm coming from socal, and that drive's gonna be a gas/sanity killer. ;Dx

Thank you!!!
I'd have to say having it on Saturday might be a good thing and a bad thing... A lot of stuff happens on Saturday, and I'm most curious about the lolita fashion show because last year it had perfect timing being on Sunday night after the picnic.  We do have the patio on the second level so we don't have to worry about crowds so much.

Thanks for the water!  Most people bring treats. :D

Nina Star 9

I would much, much rather have it on Sunday morning. I plan all my cosplays around having Sunday as an off day, and I'm typically pretty busy Saturday evening.

But waiting for the panel/fashion show is a great idea. :D

ice queen

Saturday would be awesome, for once I'm going to be swamped on a sunday at Fanime *shifty eyes*
2011 Cosplay for Fanime-
Kingdom Hearts - Riku 100% complete
Axis Powers Hetalia - Russia 70% complete
Black Butler - Agni 0% Complete

Lizchan33

I just don't know about Saturday.... It's usually the busiest and I'm actually wanting to go to cosplay gatherings on that day too ;_;

But it looks like it will either be the usual 11am Sunday or Saturday at 1..... I want to wait to see when the lolita fashion panel is ;_;

Nina Star 9

Saturday at 1 is really inconvinent for me because that's right in the middle of all my cosplay time (Saturday seems to be the best day to see and be seen with cosplay!).

I don't do the Masquerade, but if I did, it would be even worse.

The lolita panel isn't listed on the approved panels list. I wonder when she is going to submit it? Hopefully soon!

Lizchan33

Quote from: Nina Star 9 on February 10, 2011, 03:22:10 PM
Saturday at 1 is really inconvinent for me because that's right in the middle of all my cosplay time (Saturday seems to be the best day to see and be seen with cosplay!).

The lolita panel isn't listed on the approved panels list. I wonder when she is going to submit it? Hopefully soon!
Really?!?!?! D:
That's no good that the panel isn't up yet!
I know just looking I wouldn't be able to go to the Final Fantasy gathering if we did it on Saturday ;_;

ice queen

Quote from: Lizchan33 on February 11, 2011, 12:24:09 AM
Quote from: Nina Star 9 on February 10, 2011, 03:22:10 PM

Really?!?!?! D:
That's no good that the panel isn't up yet!
I know just looking I wouldn't be able to go to the Final Fantasy gathering if we did it on Saturday ;_;

meh you don't need to go to a meet up anyways! XD
2011 Cosplay for Fanime-
Kingdom Hearts - Riku 100% complete
Axis Powers Hetalia - Russia 70% complete
Black Butler - Agni 0% Complete

Seiyuu

Gothic Lolita reporting for duty! ( ̄▽ ̄)ノ
Filled out the survery, early Saturday afternoon would probably work best for me since I have cosplay gatherings in the morning and late at night to attend.
If it's a pot luck, I can try and bring some packaged biscotti for everyone.

Lizchan33

Quote from: Seiyuu on February 12, 2011, 11:01:10 AM
Gothic Lolita reporting for duty! ( ̄▽ ̄)ノ
Filled out the survery, early Saturday afternoon would probably work best for me since I have cosplay gatherings in the morning and late at night to attend.
If it's a pot luck, I can try and bring some packaged biscotti for everyone.
That would be awesome :D

I really don't know about Saturday because there are a lot of meetups on that day too :/
The thing I liked about Sunday was that the masquerade wasn't on that day, and usually a little more laid back than busy Saturday when most people come to con.....

I know I'm trying to convince people xD

Lizchan33

Bunco!
I think we could do Buncho for a game! I'm still thinking about good group games.....
Also I'd love to have people to help with the meetup.... kind of like co-hosts.
Anyone interested in that?
It would be great to make sure we know how many games people win and possibly timing games so everyone gets to play games. I know stuff like monopoly have short versions you can play or timed versions of games....

I know I'm not the most Awesome person so I'd love it if other awesome people would make the meetup the most awesome :D

I think having co-hosts will help with picking a time as well since I'm a little bias....

Nina Star 9

I'd be happy to be a co-host! I'm not the most organized person and I tend to be a bit busy around the con, but the picnic tends to take up most of my Sunday (morning and afternoon) anyway, haha. I can help set up, clean up, keep track of and host games, etc. (This might be better for me anyway because I tend to be a bit shy and don't end up talking much to anyone ;o; This will force me to participate more!)

Though, I'm also pretty biased about when I want the picnic to be...

Lizchan33

Quote from: Nina Star 9 on February 12, 2011, 04:10:17 PM
I'd be happy to be a co-host! I'm not the most organized person and I tend to be a bit busy around the con, but the picnic tends to take up most of my Sunday (morning and afternoon) anyway, haha. I can help set up, clean up, keep track of and host games, etc. (This might be better for me anyway because I tend to be a bit shy and don't end up talking much to anyone ;o; This will force me to participate more!)

Though, I'm also pretty biased about when I want the picnic to be...
That would be awesome :D
We will have to get together before the picnic like 10:30 to get everything downstairs. If we have it on Sunday....>_>
I'm super bias and looking at how it's voting I'm worried people don't want it to be on sunday.... I can't do Saturday ;_; I just can't..... wahhhhhhhh TT_TT

BSaphire

Lizchan33: Want to let you know that Youko_Kurama & her munchkin will be attending for a while (pending day) so you can add 1 +1/2 to your list :) You'll have an opportunity to see my Cosplay gatherings Mascot :) both should be in Waa Loli fashion :)
BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

kagome437

well i can see how saterday may be difficult, but it doesnt seem like many gatherings are jumping at the friday and thursday slots? so? idk..just throwing that in there. and if you need help moving things or getting things put togeather i can probably help if i'm there.