Lolita Gathering/Picnic Thanks for coming and Please post Picture links from '12

Started by Lizchan33, November 02, 2009, 09:12:15 PM

Lizchan33

I'll be updating and such on this thread so keep an eye and subscribe to it so it doesn't get lost! :3

Fanime will be taking group pictures during the Gathering this year. If you do not want to be included in those pictures please step aside for those photos. By remaining with the group when the pictures are being taken you give your consent to be photographed.

• When:

• TBA
  • Where:

• TBA
  • Who:

• Anyone that would like to attend may, as long as they dress elegantly (lolita, kodona, etc) and are polite! (Includes cosplays similar to kuroshitsuji and the like)
  • What:

Games to play:

• Candy Land
  • Chutes and ladders
  • Bunco??? *waggles brow*
  • etc.....
Like before we will have a list of screen names of people going. If you have your friends going they will be added under friend of =screenname here= on the list.
It will be held in the same area(not in front of the fountain).
If there are any questions or comments, please leave them as replies in here. If you have any personal questions pm me please.
:3

UPDATE
*We are officially NOT supplying food... but you can bring your own to munch on (wink wink)

Lizchan33

Quote from: Lizchan33 on May 08, 2009, 03:56:21 AM
Quote from: c_jai on March 11, 2009, 07:24:42 PM
Hi! I'm hoping to come, but I guess I must ask. Are EGL clothes mandatory? I'm set with an outfit, but I'm going to be at the con with a group a group of my friends that I wouldn't want to ditch just because they didn't have the proper dress for the picnic.

to be honest, the first year I held it everyone and their brother came and when I walked away to get more stuff I came back to everyone taking pictures and then everyone left and I had extra food so I gave it to random con-goers.
This last year I moved it to the more secluded locale and fewer people came but all of them were quite well dressed and most all brought something, unlike the first time.

I would prefer if you are going to come and eat please dress accordingly, but if there is no way please don't take food that is for those that dressed for the occasion and contributed.

What is Lolita, Kodona, and Dandy?

Lolita is similar to EGL(elegant and gothic lolita) but much broader. It includes anyone dressed in cute girly and frilly attire. It can be argued to also be considered the style that young girls wore in the victorian era. Like outfits such as these:

(classic lolita)
(Gothic lolita) 
(kuro lolita)   
(kuro lolita and shiro lolita) 
(sweet lolita)   
(hime lolita)   
(country lolita) 
(waloli and quiloli outfits) 

Dandy and Kodona is like a guy version where they look like young princes or men in elegant attire.
example:
(dandy/kodona) 

both:
(gurololi and dandy)
(Punk loli and Dandy)

Link to a guide for lolitas and kodona/Dandy:
http://lolita-handbook.livejournal.com/3035.html#cutid1

Ammorin

This sounds fun! I'll be sure to attend but is it okay if my friend joins us?
Fanime Attendee 2008 - Lin Yao (FMA)
Fanime Attendee 2009 - Aristocrat Gentlemen
*Fanime Attendee 2010 - Lolita, Nadeshiko Fujisaki (Shugo Chara), and maybe Yue from Rune Factory 2

Nina Star 9

I'll be there, as always. :D

I'll try to bring something again~ <3 I'll also try to dress lolita, but since I think that will be my day cosplaying from CSS, there are no guarantees. :< I'll probably change just for the picnic so that I'm not cosplaying to the event.

HelloDolly

Exciting! I might not be able to stay the entire time but I'll bring $5. Put me (Kaydie) and my friend Stephanie "Shirokiryu" as maybes, but we'll probably show.

And don't worry, I'll actually be in lolita this time! (I KNOW, RIGHT)

samcarter

I would love to attend again. I had so much fun last year. <3
Fanime 2014
* Princess Chibi Moon
* Loli Wolverine
* Loli Megaman

Shirakura

Last year i was the only non-loli who attended. You guys were so adorable :] If i had a way i would do the look, but i have no mentor in the process.... :[ I hope you have fun this year though :]

Nina Star 9

Quote from: Shirakura on February 09, 2010, 05:08:05 PM
Last year i was the only non-loli who attended. You guys were so adorable :] If i had a way i would do the look, but i have no mentor in the process.... :[ I hope you have fun this year though :]
You can always PM me if you wanted to chat or ask questions. I'm always willing to help someone out who is trying to get into the style. :D

Lizchan33

Hey everyone!
As I always say, I don't mind if you don't wear lolita, just don't be a pig >:P
I like everyone to try to dress even if it's casual or ouji (Prince)
I actually might dress like kodona this year but I'm unsure still.
Thanks for all the support!

I can't wait to see what Dolly dresses like this year :P
And Nina Star  too!

Death_Note_Matt

I am going to attend :D But what dress to wear Hmm? >3>
Another Player has Entered the Game

Nina Star 9

Quote from: Lizchan33 on February 17, 2010, 06:19:12 PM
And Nina Star  too!
Since I will have a pink wig and orange boots for my cosplay, I'm thinking about doing a pink and orange Candy Pop skirt replica -- should be exicting!!

steinxkid

its sad that I cant come cuz I going to go to the kuroshitsuji gathering as undertaker maybe i'll go next year.

Lizchan33

Quote from: steinxkid on February 19, 2010, 11:16:23 AM
its sad that I cant come cuz I going to go to the kuroshitsuji gathering as undertaker maybe i'll go next year.
But I want Kuroshitsuji cosplayers to come too TT_TT
Why do they never want to come??? v___v

@Nina:
Do it... I can't wait.... any good suggestions for an ouji thing for me?????

BSaphire

BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

Lizchan33

Nina Star 9

Quote from: Lizchan33 on February 19, 2010, 04:11:24 PM@Nina:
Do it... I can't wait.... any good suggestions for an ouji thing for me?????
I'm terrible at boystyle (or men's fashions in general, haha). :< Sorry.

I like Meta's new Regimental Stripe series, and they have a vest and pants... maybe you can get inspiration from there?

Sorry that I'm not much more help. I'm much better with the girly stuff. XD;;

steinxkid

Hav u seen undertaker? I would think that the lolita's wouldn't want him to come.

OpheliaCat8

I'd like to come.  I have a couple of Lolita outfits I'd like to try out. I'll definitely be wearing one on Friday, but I'm trying to construct a different one for Sunday. The outfits are based off a couple of skirts I have. One is knee-length black and white, and the other is a long, light blue Alice skirt. Help me out! Which would be cuter?
"I like to quote myself."

Cosplays for Fanime 2011
Fri  -  Kanae Kotonami, Skip Beat!
Sat -  Relm Arrowny, FFVI
Sun - Sailor Jupiter, SMStars

BSaphire

@ Lizchan33:

I just posted some info that you need to check out! ^^)
Here is the link:
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,13396.0.html

Squidges
BSaphire
BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

Shirakura

Quote from: Nina Star 9 on February 09, 2010, 09:55:03 PM
Quote from: Shirakura on February 09, 2010, 05:08:05 PM
You can always PM me if you wanted to chat or ask questions. I'm always willing to help someone out who is trying to get into the style. :D

I might make my own dress. ive done some research:] i just dont have a guide who doesnt buy brand D: to my embarrassment i have no idea to pm DX