Lolita Gathering/Picnic Thanks for coming and Please post Picture links from '12

Started by Lizchan33, November 02, 2009, 09:12:15 PM

Nina Star 9

Quote from: j9isawesome on April 09, 2010, 11:35:06 AM
Nina Star 9 makes really cute stuff. I've also made my own skirts and dresses before so if you need any more advice feel free to ask.
Thank you very much! :D

I don't have the money to go to both Fanime and Fantasies dans les Mondes des Reves, sadly. :< Instead, I'll make the most of the Fanime events and the other events that I don't need to buy a ticket for. (It doesn't help that my schedule is jam-packed with cosplays, as well as all the lolita events...) I can't wait to see the panel this year, though. If you need any extra clothes, just let me know and I'll bring some over or send them along with another girl if you need them by Friday. <3

BSaphire

For the purpose of what CPMS area looks like I edited the description area on this photo: http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2529737/  please read it.
This photo is another view of the area that I have requested to have the tables set up at:
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2529738/
The tables I will have will look similar to the tables pictured here:
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2529735/
(**NOTE** Food and other supplies not included :P )

Other photos show the size, how to get to CPMS and visibility from both outside and inside.
^^)
B
BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

j9isawesome

I'm super excited to find out that my lolita fashionshow & panel will be Sunday evening so I'll be able to attend the picnic for sure. :)
Formerly known as Felicity869

wonderfinch

It doesn't look like this will be conflicting with anything else I'm doing, so I should be able to make it to the picnic!

I can also bring cookies along :D I'd love to bring real food, but I won't have access to a kitchen and I don't want to be feeding anyone days-old stuff.

Quote from: Nina Star 9 on April 10, 2010, 12:53:43 PM
Nina Star 9 makes really cute stuff. I've also made my own skirts and dresses before so if you need any more advice feel free to ask.
Thank you very much! :D

I don't have the money to go to both Fanime and Fantasies dans les Mondes des Reves, sadly. :< Instead, I'll make the most of the Fanime events and the other events that I don't need to buy a ticket for. (It doesn't help that my schedule is jam-packed with cosplays, as well as all the lolita events...) I can't wait to see the panel this year, though. If you need any extra clothes, just let me know and I'll bring some over or send them along with another girl if you need them by Friday. <3

I'll be going down on Friday morning if you need me to take anything for you c:

merlin

Yay I see a roomie reply. I'm totally coming too!

Inuashley

I might be able to make it (if I get up early enough!) as Madam Red (ballroom gown), since I have to be in that for the later gathering. ^^;
I wish I could come in loli, but I'll already have done that on Saturday for the event~
Next conventions: Fanime 2011, Anime Next (?), Anime Expo, AM2

Nina Star 9

Quote from: wonderfinch on April 29, 2010, 01:48:37 PM
I'll be going down on Friday morning if you need me to take anything for you c:
I'm going to be in Anaheim Friday morning, so that wouldn't work out. Thanks anyway, though. <3

Well, since I'll be in Anaheim right before Fanime, I doubt I'll have the time or energy to bake any cookies to bring. :< Sorry about that.

Lizchan33

LONG POST
You are awesome!!!! <3
I hope to see you at Fanime :3

Quote from: Inuashley on May 01, 2010, 01:22:01 AM
I might be able to make it (if I get up early enough!) as Madam Red (ballroom gown), since I have to be in that for the later gathering. ^^;
I wish I could come in loli, but I'll already have done that on Saturday for the event~

I can't wait!!!!!
I love Madam Red.... I wanted to dress as her....:3

wonderfinch

Quote from: Nina Star 9 on May 02, 2010, 11:49:07 AM
I'm going to be in Anaheim Friday morning, so that wouldn't work out. Thanks anyway, though. <3

Well, since I'll be in Anaheim right before Fanime, I doubt I'll have the time or energy to bake any cookies to bring. :< Sorry about that.

Ah, I'm leaving Friday morning so that wouldn't work well at all dX But if you want to bring some stuff by my house (or have your sister bring it) sometime in the week or so before, just lemme know and I'd be happy to take it~

Lizchan33

I was just looking at old pictures and thinking, "I wonder what Ninastar will wear this year.... :D
I just can't wait... I'll post what I'm thinking about wearing... your only hint is this

I so excited!!!!! I'm thinking fresh fruit and maybe some kind of vege to snack on. Mind you I'm not providing food but I'll share *wink wink nudge nudge*

Nina Star 9

Wonderfinch> Since the panel is on Sunday, I think it will be fine. Thanks anyway, though~

Are we still going to go to the Ball together, after the panel, of course? <3

Lizchan> Your link is horribly broken. :< I want to see the hint!

As for me... I don't even know what I'll wear. XD I'll tell you what I'm planning on packing, though, not including anything Jeanine may need for the fashion show:
- Dark pink hime JSK
- Black OP with a cityscape around the hem and rhinestones!! *sparkle*sparkle*
- "Camellia" dress (I wore it to the Baby opening, if anyone remembers, it's an off-white OP with a bustle back and brown embroidery along the hem)
- Light pink hime JSK with ribbon roses
- -Maybe- I'll bring my L'Oiseau Bleu JSK in red

...Of course, I have no idea when I'll have time to wear any of this besides at the picnic and the Ball, since I have two cosplays planned, too!

wonderfinch

Quote from: Nina Star 9 on May 04, 2010, 03:06:19 PM
Wonderfinch> Since the panel is on Sunday, I think it will be fine. Thanks anyway, though~

Of course :D I'm going to have to change pretty quickly, though dX

And I'm excited to see the cityscape OP-- I remember you were talking about it a while back and it sounded lovely!

Lizchan33

I fixed my horribly broken link >_>
Oh and I think I need your number Nina, I know I'll need help with the picnic if you could manage. I always have so much trouble setting up because I lose the help I bring.

Nina Star 9

Quote from: wonderfinch on May 05, 2010, 07:07:28 PM
Quote from: Nina Star 9 on May 04, 2010, 03:06:19 PM

Of course :D I'm going to have to change pretty quickly, though dX

And I'm excited to see the cityscape OP-- I remember you were talking about it a while back and it sounded lovely!
We can run back to my room to quickly change. :D

I'm planning on doing my longer, more involved getting ready (makeup, hair, nails, etc.) before the panel, so you can always stop by then to get ready, and then leave your outfit for the ball in my room and we can run there, change, and run to the ball (which is in the same hotel, so it's not too bad~).

Quote from: Lizchan33 on May 06, 2010, 01:40:41 PM
I fixed my horribly broken link >_>
Oh and I think I need your number Nina, I know I'll need help with the picnic if you could manage. I always have so much trouble setting up because I lose the help I bring.
Oh, of course! I'll PM it to you. :D

wonderfinch

Quote from: Nina Star 9 on May 07, 2010, 11:30:23 AM
We can run back to my room to quickly change. :D

I'm planning on doing my longer, more involved getting ready (makeup, hair, nails, etc.) before the panel, so you can always stop by then to get ready, and then leave your outfit for the ball in my room and we can run there, change, and run to the ball (which is in the same hotel, so it's not too bad~).

That would be fantastic if I could! I may stop by in the morning to drop my stuff off so I'm not toting it around all day (and I certainly don't want to forget it, either dx).

Nina Star 9

That sounds like fun! We can make it into a party, haha.

I need help deciding what to wear, you guys~~ ;o;

I'm bringing this dress, but I'm not sure if I'l end up wearing it.
(I'm obviously the one who isn't the lovely Victoria Suzanne of Lolita Charm~) I'll probably wear this at some point during the weekend, since I love this dress so much, but I'm not sure if I'll wear it to the picnic or not. My friend wants me to coordinate it differently (with my himegal shoes with big roses on them, white lace tights, and lots of flowers in my hair), but I'm not sure if I'll do that or stick to this coordination. Everyone's seen this dress, though, since I wore it to the Baby opening.
Everyone wants to see this dress, so I'm leaning toward wearing it to the picnic, haha. <3
I don't have any in-progress shots of my light pink hime dress, but I'm thinking about just leaving that for the ball. I'll need to find some shoes that match it that are allowed (that have ankle support of some kind), though.

I also have an idea for a coordination that my friend (different friend from the one mentioned above, haha) really likes the idea of, but I'd need to go out and get a denim jacket for it. Let's just say that it involves this classic dress with some red retro flair... It would be totally different from anything else, but I'm not sure if it's a good enough idea to get a denim jacket for, especially since I'd hardly wear a denim jacket otherwise.

I'm also working on a pink chiffon bubble skirt covered in faux flowers made of fabric, but I don't know if it will be done in time, and if it is, I wouldn't know what to wear it with.

Lizchan33

I like the last one Nina.... I wanna see that at the picnic... Or some time that weekend at least :/

Ammorin

Oh no! I won't be able to attend the picnic :( It's on the same day as my other gathering and I don't how to change into my cosplay (or where to keep my lolita dress actually since I don't have a room)

Any tips?
Fanime Attendee 2008 - Lin Yao (FMA)
Fanime Attendee 2009 - Aristocrat Gentlemen
*Fanime Attendee 2010 - Lolita, Nadeshiko Fujisaki (Shugo Chara), and maybe Yue from Rune Factory 2

LOVE.SAE

I would like to attend this gathering, it fits so well into schedule since it's in the early afternoon. ^^

Quote from: Ammorin on May 08, 2010, 09:40:26 PM
Oh no! I won't be able to attend the picnic :( It's on the same day as my other gathering and I don't how to change into my cosplay (or where to keep my lolita dress actually since I don't have a room)

Any tips?

Last year, I had a Duffle bag I placed my clothing in when I needed to change, and I also used a large shopping bag, not the plastic ones, so it would look like I matched with it. = w=

Lizchan33

Quote from: Ammorin on May 08, 2010, 09:40:26 PM

Any tips?
Maybe you could borrow someone's room? I might have space if you need to leave something then pick it up later. of course I need to be at my picnic the whole time so that's the only drawback.... Last time I left to get something everyone was taking pictures when I got back...

@LOVE.SAE
Sounds good! I'll add you to the list