Lolita Gathering/Picnic Thanks for coming and Please post Picture links from '12

Started by Lizchan33, November 02, 2009, 09:12:15 PM

LOVE.SAE

Quote from: Lizchan33 on May 12, 2010, 05:03:31 PM
Quote from: LOVE.SAE on May 12, 2010, 04:31:59 PM
*cry* I'm still unsure where the meeting is, I now plan to go to the cosplay gathering booth for help~ ; 3 ;
Meet me 30 minutes before at the gatherings booth and you can help me set up and you'll know where it is! :D

Yay~ I'm saved > w < I will be glad to help you set up~!

Quote from: Lizchan33 on May 12, 2010, 10:37:11 PM
this would be right?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/Lizchan33/newpicnicplace-1.jpg

@everyone
Is it just me or is fanime coming too quickly yet not quickly enough at the same time?????

Is that where the Maid Cafe used to be 3 year years ago or something?

And I know what you mean about Fanime, it's like when Fanime ends and we wish it can go on forever and then we wait and wait. And then it's so close and almost here, and not there yet. I actually do not mind the wait because it helps me prepare for cosplay and stuff and you it's true, absence makes the heart grow fonder :D

Lizchan33

Quote from: LOVE.SAE on May 12, 2010, 11:36:40 PM
Is that where the Maid Cafe used to be 3 year years ago or something?

And I know what you mean about Fanime, it's like when Fanime ends and we wish it can go on forever and then we wait and wait. And then it's so close and almost here, and not there yet. I actually do not mind the wait because it helps me prepare for cosplay and stuff and you it's true, absence makes the heart grow fonder :D

Yeah the original spot the cafe was :P
I'm soooo stressed.... Like last year I'm probably going to be working up until Wensday (I'm leaving Thursday) Hopefully everyone realizes I put the notes in the schedule books.... I have to remind them >_<

Akane

I'm hopefully going.
You have me down on LJ as Silverstar101 :3

Lizchan33

Quote from: Akane on May 13, 2010, 01:10:58 PM
I'm hopefully going.
You have me down on LJ as Silverstar101 :3

I'll make a note of it :P

Lizchan33

I need to go buy Fabric :/
I'll try goodwill first for a good base to go off of..... You'll get to see at the picnic :P

j9isawesome

Quote from: LOVE.SAE on May 09, 2010, 02:13:03 PM
Quote from: Ammorin on May 09, 2010, 01:56:50 PM
Yeah I'm taking public transit. Thanks everyone for the tips! I think I'll go with the duffel bag idea. :D Yay! I guess I'll be able to make it :)

Also is anyone going to Fantaisies dans le Monde des Reves on saturday?

I AM * _____ *
HOW CAN ANY OF US NOT!
I hope they let us take pictures too >___<
I really want to see Maki and Asuka and Atelier Pierrot.
Goshh I want to see them all~
At past events you were not allowed to take pictures in/near the shops or of the designers but you could get a Polaroid picture of you with them for about $5 and Maki & Asuka would sign it. It was a super cute souvenir for those of us who can't lay down the big bucks and I hope they do something like that again this year. :)
Formerly known as Felicity869

BonjourHoney

*peeks in*

I already RSVP'd to Lizchan but I just wanted to say hello and that me and three others (not two anymore ... one brought a b/f ... ) are planning on attending. =D This is my first Lolita meetup so I do look forward to it !
2015 Cosplays:
Libra - Fire Emblem: Awakening
Arno Dorian (default) - Assassin's Creed: Unity
------
http://spazzy-azi.tumblr.com

OpheliaCat8

Whew!  I finally finished my Loli outfit.  Its a bit conservative tho, but it looks cute!   Guess I'll be able to attend the picnic after all.  I look forward to meeting everyone. 

Yoroshiku, minna-san!
"I like to quote myself."

Cosplays for Fanime 2011
Fri  -  Kanae Kotonami, Skip Beat!
Sat -  Relm Arrowny, FFVI
Sun - Sailor Jupiter, SMStars

Lizchan33

I'm so excited fo rfanime I think I'll wear lolita even on thursday.... :P I'll have to post pictures of my outfit for picnic sunday ^o^

BerrySinh

Hi, i said before i was coming. I'm also bringing a few friends along i hope that is okay :) I'm super excited to meet everyone! See you guys soon^_^

Green_Tea

Hi everyone. I would love to come to this. I've always been interested in Lolita Fashion but never really took the time to get to know its in and outs. I just bought a brand new sewing machine and would love to come and chat with you ladies.

I'll be wearing a dress I made, but it's not Lolita. I'm planning on bringing snacks to share so would anyone have a problem with me attending?

Thanks. =)
2011 Cosplay Plans: (Vocaloid) Cantarella-Kaito 0%, (Professor Layton) Luke 0%, (Ponyo) Ponyo's Dad 0%

Lizchan33

Quote from: Green_Tea on May 26, 2010, 02:44:36 PM
Hi everyone. I would love to come to this. I've always been interested in Lolita Fashion but never really took the time to get to know its in and outs. I just bought a brand new sewing machine and would love to come and chat with you ladies.

I'll be wearing a dress I made, but it's not Lolita. I'm planning on bringing snacks to share so would anyone have a problem with me attending?

Thanks. =)
That actually sounds great :D
I love hearing about people that want to get into lolita!
I sew a lot of my lolita things.....Also since you're bringing snacks I can't say no :P

Lizchan33

QuoteTHANK YOU EVERYONE THAT CAME!!!!
I APPRECIATE EVERYONE THAT BROUGHT SOMETHING
(food or donations)
I would love it if you would be so kind as to link me galleries so I can save the pictures!

And please oh please remind me who you are..... I have a horrible memory for names so I need to see pictures with them.... All I remember is WonderFinch and ninastar and j9isawesome...... >_<
Oh and you Green_Tea and BerrySinh :D

Angelx624

I'm sorry I ended up missing it. D: I came kinda late on Sunday. ._.;;
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Satsuki (Totoro)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)
Mikoto Misaka

j9isawesome

I didn't get ahold of my camera until the very end after most people left but I'll be sure to share the few pictures I took once I get them online. I wish I wasn't so late but it was still fun and WOW, what a turn out. So many cute girls in one place :)
Formerly known as Felicity869

BonjourHoney

I was sad I missed it as well~ Ended up being ill Sunday morning so I couldn't make it to the picnic. =(

Saw lots of gorgeous Lolitas walking around the con later that day though, haha. x)
2015 Cosplays:
Libra - Fire Emblem: Awakening
Arno Dorian (default) - Assassin's Creed: Unity
------
http://spazzy-azi.tumblr.com

BerrySinh

I had a great time! As well as my friend Yune^_^
Hope to see everyone next year and hope i can be less shy and speak to more people :D!

Green_Tea

Thank you for having me!

I had a fun time chatting with you over off to the side after things were cleaned up. I'm hoping next year I'll have a better dress that is actually lolita.

Thank you for your kind words. lol. I know my dress was unfinished and not exactly lolita, but I appreciated the encouragement. I hope to have a better dress made next year. I'll have a whole year to practice!
2011 Cosplay Plans: (Vocaloid) Cantarella-Kaito 0%, (Professor Layton) Luke 0%, (Ponyo) Ponyo's Dad 0%

Nina Star 9

I had a lot of fun, as always~ I can't wait for next year!!

It was really hot out, though, and my dress was thick and black. :< I also got a sunburn on my back that I'm pretty sure if from the picnic. I hope for more shade next year!

I also liked having tables, but it made it harder to roam around and meet new people because I ended up just sitting with my friends the whole time... not that there's anything wrong with hanging out with my friends, but I would have liked to have met more people.

ice queen

I have to admit going around in my sad loli outfit to get you people was fun...and funny. You owe me rum for that Lizchan =P
2011 Cosplay for Fanime-
Kingdom Hearts - Riku 100% complete
Axis Powers Hetalia - Russia 70% complete
Black Butler - Agni 0% Complete