Lolita Gathering/Picnic Thanks for coming and Please post Picture links from '12

Started by Lizchan33, November 02, 2009, 09:12:15 PM

samcarter

I'm coming again this year <3 and bringing peoples with me, between 2 to 5 <3
Fanime 2014
* Princess Chibi Moon
* Loli Wolverine
* Loli Megaman

Touya no Miko

Quote from: Lizchan33 on April 23, 2012, 12:47:26 AM
So unfortunately we shall be outside rather than inside but I'll still going to do my best to get that real tea made even if it's outside >:D

In that case I would bring a really big thermos. The tea can be brewed in a hotel room.
OMG! What the Fugnuggets is going on?!

electrocute

Hi! I'd like to come to the lolita gathering this year, only coming to Fanime on sunday... sadly. ): I'm really nervous about showing up because it would be my first time dressing in lolita EVER. O_O
2012 Cosplay List
Kuroshitsuji - Elizabeth Middleford

Fanime lover since 2008!

Nina Star 9

Lizchan, if you need me so we can put our heads, coffee makers, and thermoses together to get enough hot water for the tea (if it comes to that), just let me know. I'm also willing to help set up again this year.

Chibi_Haku

Just wanted to say that I will be going! ^_^ I'm going all out this year! <3

k3ltr0n

TofuHopper

Most likely will be able to attend this year bringing a friend with me all the way from Finland :) Will dress in full lolita. I also wanted to know if I can get a little map of the area this will be held at if possible? thanks xD

punk_parfait

Is the meet up on Sunday or is that last year's info? O_O In either case, I'll be in lolita on sunday and will come say hello, maybe take some portraits if anyone would like. ^^

jobiberry

I would like to stop by to say hi to all of you ladies who I know and love!  I will be in Sailor Venus Cosplay though T_T, so I will make sure to stay out of any pictures and be discrete  >,<;;;
Fanime 2013 cosplay~

*Arkham Asylum Harley Quinn- Friday and Saturday
*Marceline the Vampire Queen- Saturday
*Briar Rose- Sleeping Beauty peasant version- Sunday
*Super Sailor Venus-  Sunday or Monday

maroonsparrow

Hi everyone. I don't really understand how these forums work since this is my first year at Fanime but I will be going to the picnic and showing a small line from my collection of dresses at the Lolita fashion show Saturday. See you all their!

Kamonohashi

I am interested in going, but what is meant by "it will be held in the same area"?

ninagarnet

Hey! im going! - hope, i would tell you guys otherwise xD but yeah, my cosplay is blackbutler/lolita so it works! cant wait! so please put me down on the list!
2014 Cosplay List! (Days tenative)

Fem! Carlos, Welcome to Nightvale -Friday
Fem! Sherlock Holmes, BBC Sherlock -Saturday
Fem! Jake English, Homestuck -Sunday
Fem! Canada (Matthew Williams) -Monday

Im Looking For A Fanime Buddy! c:

Lizchan33

Quote from: Nina Star 9 on April 26, 2012, 12:11:24 AM
Lizchan, if you need me so we can put our heads, coffee makers, and thermoses together to get enough hot water for the tea (if it comes to that), just let me know. I'm also willing to help set up again this year.
I think this would be a great idea =w=
I've got a few tea pots specifically for this and I think I might get with Bshapire to see if I can use the outlets in the cosplay lounge but I will make hot tea if it kills me
Also sorry for the delay I've had a lot going on in my life......

Quote from: Kamonohashi on May 06, 2012, 11:10:15 PM
I am interested in going, but what is meant by "it will be held in the same area"?
Ahhh it is current information for this year~!
The location is the library path next to the hilton on the front side(north I'm pretty sure) of the convention center. The nice thing is you'll be able to see us if you walk on the first floor of the convention center and look out the windows.

You don't need to be attending fanime to go to the picnic~!

AND YES
you may come if you are in appropriate cosplay, and VenusIvy... I'd hate it if I didn't see you there >:D

Kanameshito

Breathing in the same sequence
While trying to make sense of your situation
What we got ourselves in, two more weeks of one way conversation
She says she's losing interest
I swear that we are best friends till the end
A song that had me listening

Nina Star 9

Awesome~ We'll figure something out.

I might actually duck out early this year, since depending on how Saturday goes cosplay-wise, I might move my Ulala cosplay over to Sunday after the picnic(or maybe move Lady Blackpearl over... idk, we'll see), so I'd want to spend time getting dressed in that and wearing it, but I can always come back to help clean up, especially if I help set up.

Just PM or text me and we can try to work something out.

AkiraKita

I will be attending if that's ok. Its my first year at Fanime but I have attending Sacanime's Lolita Morning Tea for three years now. One other would be joining me. We will both be dressed as lolitas. Let me know if you need any help setting up or bringing anything! :3
Fanime 2016
Borderlands 2 - Mordecai
TftB - Rhys
DAI - King Alistair

Lizchan33

Please please come even if you haven't worn lolita before~!
We are all nice and if you are shy, just stick by my side >u<
Also, everyone that said they were going, Thank you~!
I haven't been able to update the list at all because of personal reasons.
But remember how it's been in the past because it's going to be pretty much the same as usual~!

Annd NINA~!
I'll text you on Friday so we can get everything squared away on Saturday :3

Nina Star 9

LIZCHAN
Alright. I'll be headed down there tomorrow morning (Friday), so tell me if I need to bring anything special today so I can pack it.

I will likely be providing lavender mini cupcakes...unless I go crazy either way and make them half rose (my mom gave me rosewater yesterday and I'm dying to try it out *_______*) or decide that I have too much to sew (still ned to make my chicken hat... =______=;;)

j9isawesome

In case anyone has a smart phone & ends up checking here for info-

It looks like the start time got bumped up to 11am.

Also there was some concern that the meetup location was gone because of the construction. Short version- its not :)

Long version- The library path is still there. A portion of it is torn out & there are less trees but it's still a pretty shaded/nice  area. I've been to a couple cosplay meets there this weekend. the only problem is that it can be kinda awkward to get to. It's right along the construction fence on the Hilton side of the convention center, so there don't seem to be doors that actually lead to it anymore. You can go out the main doors by reg & walk all the way around along the street, you can go out (but not back in) through the doors right above the library path area on the second floor & then come down a small set of stairs on the outside or you can cut through the Hilton's restaurant & their patio area- which is kinda frowned upon but honestly the easiest way to get there.
Formerly known as Felicity869

epyonzer0

Everyone,

I was one of the random photographers at your gathering, I'm sure I grabbed some of you for solo/group shots.  Expect pics I took of your collective lacey glory (and everything else at Fanime, for that matter) to be up on my DA/FB over the next few weeks as I have another con (A-Kon) this weekend and get to process pictures from that too.  I'll post eventually in the big "here's my collection" thread when they're finished and I've separated the chaff from the wheat.  Thanks for your patience.