2010 Discount & Hotel Booking

Started by Drakochan, November 04, 2009, 12:33:03 PM

Drakochan

Okay I've never actually booked a hotel myself (I usually stay with a friend that is doing it), and so this is the first year I'll have it in my name. If I were to say book a room now, would I be able to call later and have the discount applied to my room? Or should I cancel my reservation and book again when the discount is available?
2010 Fanime
~Undertaker (Kuroshitsuji)
~Butler!Grell (Kuroshitsuji)
~Ceremonial Coat Gilbert (Pandora Hearts)
~Firo (Baccano!)
~Jade (ToA)
~Austria (Hetalia)
~Natsuo & Yoji (Loveless)
~TWEWY costume

Kertus

Depends on what hotel you're trying to stay in and such.
Con rates are usually alot cheaper than regular rates, but if you're not certain then you should just hold onto your current reservation until con rates are up.
Mario '06. Sven '08. Jared '09. Gai '10. Cobra '11. Kenji '12. Spike '13.
irc.rizon.net #fanime Click here to connect to IRC

KyraEnsui

Con rates for hotels are not up until either December or January. I would wait for Fanime to post it up on the forum and main site for the hotels. Plus, you would have to book through Fanime's site for their con rate discounts.

Smusique

You'd be lucky if you have a friend whose relative (be it their dad or mom or sibling, etc) that saved them a lot of money because they worked for a certain chain of hotel that gave them great rates.  My dad is one great example.  The only thing unknown to me is if his "family-employee" (or whatever) rates is cheaper than the con rates for fanime.  But, I'm just hanging around just to see if I can find one his hotels nearby; possibly by one or two blocks from the center. The site for the list of hotels for some reason (at the time of this posting) isn't showing up.

BonjourHoney

A tad OT, but at Fanime '09 my friends and I sorta' effed up our planning for our room, and it turned out we couldn't fit in my friend who flew in from Texas.

We were staying at the Fairmont, so he just bought a room the day of (Friday to Monday) and they were nice enough to give him the discount on the spot even though he didn't go through the Fanime hotel booking system. =o

Judging by that, the hotel you already booked with might be kind enough to just apply the discount if you call them once Fanime has theirs up.
2015 Cosplays:
Libra - Fire Emblem: Awakening
Arno Dorian (default) - Assassin's Creed: Unity
------
http://spazzy-azi.tumblr.com

Keika_Strife

Do they only allow certain rooms for the discount? Would you be able to book a suite under that discount, for example? Or do they make you pay full price for those things? (Specifically, I was wondering about the Hilton, if it helps.)

KyraEnsui

Quote from: Keika_Strife on November 21, 2009, 09:30:15 PM
Do they only allow certain rooms for the discount? Would you be able to book a suite under that discount, for example? Or do they make you pay full price for those things? (Specifically, I was wondering about the Hilton, if it helps.)

Most likely, they will announced it later next month or in January. They do have certain number of rooms that they can have in the discount while the rest are for visitors who are not going for the con.

=/ Usually, the suites for the Hilton are usually booked for GoH and such. I haven't seen it up for last few years.

Keika_Strife

Dany

Quote from: BonjourHoney on November 17, 2009, 11:43:01 AMJudging by that, the hotel you already booked with might be kind enough to just apply the discount if you call them once Fanime has theirs up.

This would make me extremely happy, if they did this for people who reserved already. I put in a reservation recently with plans to cancel it when the discounts came up, but then I was reading and it appears that the discount rates may come up while I am out of the country over the holidays. I would rather not have to go through that and hope I'll have some form of access while I am gone, but I can't count on it :(
2012 Costumes (or so we hope!)
Ayukawa, Miime, Oscar, Yuria, D'Eon

KyraEnsui

Quote from: Dany on November 24, 2009, 06:41:41 PM
Quote from: BonjourHoney on November 17, 2009, 11:43:01 AMJudging by that, the hotel you already booked with might be kind enough to just apply the discount if you call them once Fanime has theirs up.

This would make me extremely happy, if they did this for people who reserved already. I put in a reservation recently with plans to cancel it when the discounts came up, but then I was reading and it appears that the discount rates may come up while I am out of the country over the holidays. I would rather not have to go through that and hope I'll have some form of access while I am gone, but I can't count on it :(
The discount rate will be on until the deadline which I remember a few weeks before Fanime. Only problem I can think of is that the room are filled up quickly though.

yojambo

Ether that or make friends with people that live really close to the convention hall, like I did.  ;)

lady_tomoko

What is the usual price for the hotels with the Fanime discount? One of my friends said that last year(around March)she saw that it was $70/per night(not sure if it was the Marriott or Hilton).Is this correct ???(I am kind of hoping it is).

KyraEnsui

Quote from: lady_tomoko on December 03, 2009, 05:22:52 PM
What is the usual price for the hotels with the Fanime discount? One of my friends said that last year(around March)she saw that it was $70/per night(not sure if it was the Marriott or Hilton).Is this correct ???(I am kind of hoping it is).

If you can wait another few weeks, Fanime will post the hotels and their prices up.

I stayed at the Hilton (w/ discount of $109 per night) last year and I know it didn't run at that price. Not sure about other hotels though. Your friend might saw it from another hotel that is not connected the convention center though.

lady_tomoko

Thanks for the help.When she told me that it was $70, I kinda though it was too good to be true(especially for the marriott or hilton).

KyraEnsui

Quote from: lady_tomoko on December 03, 2009, 05:57:48 PM
Thanks for the help.When she told me that it was $70, I kinda though it was too good to be true(especially for the marriott or hilton).

Did your friend room with someone? It helps a whole lot when rooming with others to keep the cost down for the whole weekend.

BlueCharisma

You might want to ask your friend if someone in her family works for that hotel. My friend's mom work at Marriott and we are getting a room at $70 a night.

lady_tomoko

Did your friend room with someone? It helps a whole lot when rooming with others to keep the cost down for the whole weekend.
[/quote]
Quote from: BlueCharisma on December 03, 2009, 06:16:49 PM
You might want to ask your friend if someone in her family works for that hotel. My friend's mom work at Marriott and we are getting a room at $70 a night.

We didn't stay at the hotel last year.She said that she and our friend Walter were looking up the prices on the Fanime website said she found it there.I am starting to think now that she might have gotten it confused, I don't know.Thanks alot guys for the clarification.

P.S. So the prices are $109(with the discount).Is that at the Marriott, Hilton or both?(my friends and I plan in staying in one of the two)

TC X0 Lt 0X

Marriott is usually a bit more then the Hilton.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Yukari Kaiba

Quote from: lady_tomoko on December 03, 2009, 09:00:06 PM

We didn't stay at the hotel last year.She said that she and our friend Walter were looking up the prices on the Fanime website said she found it there.I am starting to think now that she might have gotten it confused, I don't know.Thanks alot guys for the clarification.

P.S. So the prices are $109(with the discount).Is that at the Marriott, Hilton or both?(my friends and I plan in staying in one of the two)

[/quote]

I've been staying at the Hilton since 07 and the rate I usually get is $79 a night, but that was for a double room. I believe the $109 is for the bigger rooms.

FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Gundam Tanaka (Super Dangan Ronpa 2)
-Tetra (Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

KyraEnsui

Quote from: Yukari Kaiba on December 04, 2009, 12:49:52 PM
Quote from: lady_tomoko on December 03, 2009, 09:00:06 PM

I've been staying at the Hilton since 07 and the rate I usually get is $79 a night, but that was for a double room. I believe the $109 is for the bigger rooms.

[/quote]

Really? I did have a double room and that was charged for 2009 in my bill.